3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

"
titides wrote:
"
MachoGuy wrote:
Would you recommend soultaker instead of the scourge cause i really dont want to mind mana shortage

Soultaker doesn't have a increased damage for yours minions.
And your dps is on your minion, not on you. (except for generate minions)

I use blasphemy + punishment instead of haste (35% vs 50% reserved mana)
I use flesh offering instead of vaal haste for boost.
So I don't have problem with mana, and I don't need 155 dex.
(just need 113 dex for the claw)

With a loreweave, I have 7K hp with 2 scourge, 7,5K hp with my shield.
With a Belly, I have 7,7K hp with 2 scourge, 8,2K hp with my shield.

or

working on feeding a hungry loop some gems.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Hungry_Loop

that would make herald of purity a 5L and also free more spots for other gems.

you can get mana from "expensive" 0.5ex helm enchant or just use the top right points for mana reservation reductions.
IGN:MuaddDibb
"
kilgorek wrote:
or

It's not a bad idea, with scourge, it's can be insane for minions.

I see that you are testing 2 scourges, what's your feeling ?
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
"
MaximusRO wrote:
working on feeding a hungry loop some gems.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Hungry_Loop
that would make herald of purity a 5L and also free more spots for other gems.

It's hard to add this ring, because it doesn't have life, res or stat.
Loving the build, made some changes that I think work better for boosting sentinel of dominance damage.

I replaced the herald 4 link with HoP>Vuln>Blasphemy>lvl 3 Empower. Reason being I found I wasn't getting good up time with the sentinels of purity, because my sentinels of dominance were hoarding most of the kills and it felt like a waste to devote so much reserved mana and a 4 link to it.

This might be more of a low budget option than an optimization(the abyssal jewels you recommend are expensive as hel)l, but I also used a bone helm instead of the abyssal socket helm, and linked raise spectre>animate guardian>minion life> blood magic. Frenzy charges have a significantly greater effect on minions than they do players, +15% attack and cast speed per charge, 4% more damage per charge, and 4% mover speed per charge. The Stygian Silverbacks in Act 6 Riverways will spam an AoE skill that grants a Frenzy charge to all allies(with blood magic linked he never runs out of mana).

The animate guardian was made with Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Meginord's Vise, Anbu's Charge and, and Victario's Flight. According to PoB my guardian has 33k health and 1350 life regen, he is an unstoppable juggernaut that grants me and my minions 33% increased damage, 10% movement speed, and increases the effect of curses on all nearby enemies(since i use vuln). This 4 link set up is a staple of all physical zombie/skelly necromancer builds and is a HUGE damage boost, and you don't need any 1 ex abyssal jewels.

Like others I have also opted for Bone offering over Haste. Although I linked it with my CWDT>Immortal Call>inc Duration for laziness. It's almost always up when I need it to be(if they didn't live long enough to proc it then I didn't need it right?).

Just to reiterate, I love this build it gave me the play style I was looking for with the new Guardian Minion skills, these are just constructive criticisms.

EDIT: I also replaced the Multistrike with Maim unless I'm fighting a boss, while mapping/delving it seems they often get locked up by the Multistrike animation swings on an already dead target, with maim they move more fluidly, nothing reduces minion dmg worse than reduced mobility. This isn't an issue with boss fight howaever, so I swap multistrike in on bosses.
Last edited by sehrverrueckt on Oct 1, 2018, 4:54:06 PM
"
sehrverrueckt wrote:
Loving the build, made some changes that I think work better for boosting sentinel of dominance damage.

I replaced the herald 4 link with HoP>Vuln>Blasphemy>lvl 3 Empower. Reason being I found I wasn't getting good up time with the sentinels of purity, because my sentinels of dominance were hoarding most of the kills and it felt like a waste to devote so much reserved mana and a 4 link to it.

This might be more of a low budget option than an optimization(the abyssal jewels you recommend are expensive as hel)l, but I also used a bone helm instead of the abyssal socket helm, and linked raise spectre>animate guardian>minion life> blood magic. Frenzy charges have a significantly greater effect on minions than they do players, +15% attack and cast speed per charge, 4% more damage per charge, and 4% mover speed per charge. The Stygian Silverbacks in Act 6 Riverways will spam an AoE skill that grants a Frenzy charge to all allies(with blood magic linked he never runs out of mana).

The animate guardian was made with Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Meginord's Vise, Anbu's Charge and, and Victario's Flight. According to PoB my guardian has 27k health and 962 life regen, he is an unstoppable juggernaut that grants me and my minions 33% increased damage, 10% movement speed, and increases the effect of curses on all nearby enemies(since i use vuln). This 4 link set up is a staple of all physical zombie/skelly necromancer builds and is a HUGE damage boost, and you don't need any 1 ex abyssal jewels.

Like others I have also opted for Bone offering over Haste. Although I linked it with my CWDT>Immortal Call>inc Duration for laziness. It's almost always up when I need it to be(if they didn't live long enough to proc it then I didn't need it right?).

Just to reiterate, I love this build it gave me the play style I was looking for with the new Guardian Minion skills, these are just constructive criticisms.

EDIT: I also replaced the Multistrike with Maim unless I'm fighting a boss, while mapping/delving it seems they often get locked up by the Multistrike animation swings on an already dead target, with maim they move more fluidly, nothing reduces minion dmg worse than reduced mobility. This isn't an issue with boss fight howaever, so I swap multistrike in on bosses.

Does vulnerability act as an aura in such a way to give you and minions the guardian ascendancy 20% damage buff? I don't think the animated guardian's aura would proc that passive since it says allies with your auras get a 20% dmg buff. Just curious. I'm trying to make a 2h work with the build. The 2h mace that increases the level of gems. My worry here is that it feels like heralds of purity are our biggest damage dealers and should get a greater linkage, but since ggg doesn't explicitly tell us the base damage, we are left to guess.
"
Ditronus wrote:
"
sehrverrueckt wrote:
Loving the build...

Does vulnerability act as an aura in such a way to give you and minions the guardian ascendancy 20% damage buff? I don't think the animated guardian's aura would proc that passive since it says allies with your auras get a 20% dmg buff. Just curious. I'm trying to make a 2h work with the build. The 2h mace that increases the level of gems. My worry here is that it feels like heralds of purity are our biggest damage dealers and should get a greater linkage, but since ggg doesn't explicitly tell us the base damage, we are left to guess.

Edit: that was wrong, i am not getting the ascendancy bonus i think, lemme do some research

Re-edit: OK. you are right, io am not getting that bonus. i would have to use haste in order to be getting that bonus.

Re-re-edit: I am getting it from the rejuvenation totem that i threw in a +2 to socketed skills unset ring, whenever i drop the totem at least

Regarding sentinels of purity...I found the sentinels of dominance were far more potent, so much so that i had difficulty keeping all my sentinels of purity up at all times because the sentinels of dominance were killing things so fast. it just felt like too much effort for too little gain.

Because of that I decided to drop all the dmg supports linked to HoP and linked it to vuln + blasphemy and lvl 3 empower
Last edited by sehrverrueckt on Oct 1, 2018, 5:18:39 PM
"
titides wrote:
"
kilgorek wrote:
or

It's not a bad idea, with scourge, it's can be insane for minions.

I see that you are testing 2 scourges, what's your feeling ?

Damage is insane (~500% minion dmg modifier). Just cutting through the content with ease. Damage-wise it can handle everything up to Uber Elder. Is it possible to handle this encounter? I honestly don't know. In my case probably impossible due to poor knowledge of the fight mechanics and let's be honest my skill :) If manage to gather enough currency to run it I will give you my feedback

As for now, this is my latest addition/upgrade - works pretty damn well :)

Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 1, 2018, 5:34:35 PM
@Kilgorek
You have 6,2K life (see in pob)
May be you can have 7K+ with life on abyssal jewels.
For Uber Elder, may be the build does not have enough defense.
Red Elder is hard to do ?

A test of this build in standard
6,5K+ life with 2 scourges (but i don't have all jewels with life).

A test of this build in Delve
7,4K+ with a Loreweave and scourge/shield.
7K with a Lorewave and 2 scourges.

I want to try the same build with tombist (2s) and bubonic trail (1s).
Last edited by titides on Oct 1, 2018, 8:32:29 PM
~sorry my Phone posted reply two times...
Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 2, 2018, 2:38:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info