Mirkulas BV Chieftain 3.4 Build (1.Chieftain SSF Flashback)

What kind of Jewels should I be looking for for this build? Elemental resistance and fire damage? Happy Holidays everyone!
"
adrenalburr wrote:
What kind of Jewels should I be looking for for this build? Elemental resistance and fire damage? Happy Holidays everyone!

You probl don't need much resistance because of the 100% fire res. So flat high physical damage for spells (with shields, blank or one handed) combined with high flat life. On top what you need (resistance, fire damage, damage, also some regen not bad)
Hello, I am currently using your Build as League Starter, but I seem to be missing something. I admit it's a bit hard to figure out which Items should have what in terms of Prority, so maybe I messed something up.
My Problem is, that I already have quite a bit of the shown Equip, maybe not on the said "Quality" but the direction should be the right one, but I still get torn apart pretty badly. I only run T6-8 Maps that I upgrade with Alch Orbs, and I carefully check if there are some mods that are no go (Like Ele Reflec).
All in all I get terminated very fast as soon as I stand still to recast BV or get stuck for a sec (sometimes even while Shield Charging), and Immortal Syndicate for example ist mostly impossible for me, because as soon as they are Rank Lieutenant or Captain I'm gettin literally raped.
I was nearly Level 80 yesterday and died so many times in a row on an Einhar Animal and Syndicates that I was reset to 0% Exp, which was quite frustrating.
I can't do the last Lab for the 100% Fire Res because Inaros One shots me, so the Wise Oak isn't used to it's fullest potential.
I know my Jewelry could use some upgrade and I'm currently saving for those and my Starkonjas.

Maybe you could take a look and tell me what I'm building wrong?
I'm not exactly a PoE Veteran, so maybe I overlooked something.

Your help would be much appreciated, thank you.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Syone9000/characters
"
Syone9000 wrote:
Hello, I am currently using your Build as League Starter, but I seem to be missing something. I admit it's a bit hard to figure out which Items should have what in terms of Prority, so maybe I messed something up.
My Problem is, that I already have quite a bit of the shown Equip, maybe not on the said "Quality" but the direction should be the right one, but I still get torn apart pretty badly. I only run T6-8 Maps that I upgrade with Alch Orbs, and I carefully check if there are some mods that are no go (Like Ele Reflec).
All in all I get terminated very fast as soon as I stand still to recast BV or get stuck for a sec (sometimes even while Shield Charging), and Immortal Syndicate for example ist mostly impossible for me, because as soon as they are Rank Lieutenant or Captain I'm gettin literally raped.
I was nearly Level 80 yesterday and died so many times in a row on an Einhar Animal and Syndicates that I was reset to 0% Exp, which was quite frustrating.
I can't do the last Lab for the 100% Fire Res because Inaros One shots me, so the Wise Oak isn't used to it's fullest potential.
I know my Jewelry could use some upgrade and I'm currently saving for those and my Starkonjas.

Hi some things i noticed:

1. Most important: your blade vortex is still lvl 11 (you didnt level it) WTF :-)
Just get a lvl 20 vaal blade vortex with a bit of quality for 2-3 c and you will notice the difference.

2. You have to low life you should have at least 5000 Just replace some of your gear with cheap stuff. You don't need 3 curses skipp ele weakness. Get boots with ms and lots of life instead.
Also you can replace your unset ring with one that gives life.

3. If you don't clear fast enough that you can keep your rampage up all the time replace belt with high life belt (maybe styigian wise with good jewel later) Use your life belt also for bosses or lab. You only need belt for fast clears, if you feel squishy replace it until other gear is better.

4. get some jewels with life and 1 damage node (you still have the wildfire jewel equiped)

5. Maybe replace 1 movement flask with a damage mitigation flask for example a jade or basalt flask

6. Cap your ele resi. Without wise oak your resi is not capped (just buy boots with resi and life). You getting one shotted by everyting if flask is not up.

7. Don't use wise oak until your fire res is top after uber lab.

8. Your immortal call is lvl 18 so it is not proced by cwdt you should get immortal call lvl 1. When you get more life you can level immortal call bloodr rage and cwdt a bit so damage taken is around 15% of your life.

9. link combustion to your orb or storms

10. Replace quick recovery cluster with profane chemestry cluster to get more out of your life flask. Use second life flask for lab.

Thats for the start

"
mirkula wrote:
"
Syone9000 wrote:

Hi some things i noticed:

1. Most important: your blade vortex is still lvl 11 (you didnt level it) WTF :-)
Just get a lvl 20 vaal blade vortex with a bit of quality for 2-3 c and you will notice the difference.

2. You have to low life you should have at least 5000 Just replace some of your gear with cheap stuff. You don't need 3 curses skipp ele weakness. Get boots with ms and lots of life instead.
Also you can replace your unset ring with one that gives life.

3. If you don't clear fast enough that you can keep your rampage up all the time replace belt with high life belt (maybe styigian wise with good jewel later) Use your life belt also for bosses or lab. You only need belt for fast clears, if you feel squishy replace it until other gear is better.

4. get some jewels with life and 1 damage node (you still have the wildfire jewel equiped)

5. Maybe replace 1 movement flask with a damage mitigation flask for example a jade or basalt flask

6. Cap your ele resi. Without wise oak your resi is not capped (just buy boots with resi and life). You getting one shotted by everyting if flask is not up.

7. Don't use wise oak until your fire res is top after uber lab.

8. Your immortal call is lvl 18 so it is not proced by cwdt you should get immortal call lvl 1. When you get more life you can level immortal call bloodr rage and cwdt a bit so damage taken is around 15% of your life.

9. link combustion to your orb or storms

10. Replace quick recovery cluster with profane chemestry cluster to get more out of your life flask. Use second life flask for lab.

Thats for the start

Wow, thank you for the thorough reply. I was lucky and drop an exalt while delving yesterday so implementing the said changes was quite easy.

I must say the difference is no joke :D

Walked through the last Lab like it was Heidis Flower Fields, and mapping quite the same.

Thanks a lot, the build feels a lot better now.

The only think I don't quite get is what you mean with "Replace the Quick Recovery" because I checked my Tree and at least I didn't see any Recovery Cluster that I could Respec. Could you elaborate?

"
Syone9000 wrote:

I must say the difference is no joke :D

Walked through the last Lab like it was Heidis Flower Fields, and mapping quite the same.

Thanks a lot, the build feels a lot better now.

The only think I don't quite get is what you mean with "Replace the Quick Recovery" because I checked my Tree and at least I didn't see any Recovery Cluster that I could Respec. Could you elaborate?

Imported your character again in pathofbuilding tool and
I see you lvld easily and get profane chemestry node next level.
2 thinks you should change.
1. Get a flask with freeze removal (at best not the life flak).
2. Your boots don't have movement speed only enchant. If you wanna go even faster upgrade
Hey Mirkula! I'm steadily trying my hand with higher tier maps (currently farming at tier 8-10 maps) and seem to be going through it quite well. I just seem to be struggling with a lot of close calls or deaths from syndicate members (especially fortification and intervention encounters). Would getting another flask be a better option to buff my def against these boss encounters? Or is there somewhere else equipment wise I should be upgrading? Cheers!
Last edited by adrenalburr on Jan 6, 2019, 7:40:18 PM
"
adrenalburr wrote:
Hey Mirkula! I'm steadily trying my hand with higher tier maps (currently farming at tier 8-10 maps) and seem to be going through it quite well. I just seem to be struggling with a lot of close calls or deaths from syndicate members (especially fortification and intervention encounters). Would getting another flask be a better option to buff my def against these boss encounters? Or is there somewhere else equipment wise I should be upgrading? Cheers!

In this league blood of the karui is easily accesible as life flask. It helped me a lot and with all the flask nodes you already got. To even buff that, you can use ryslatha for more life flask recovery when you hit low life. Together with the immcall, blood rage an araakali panth setup you life flask recovery will be insane. Now you just need to protect against one shots. High life pool and a new helmet craft that gives you take pysical damage as fire damage can help with that.

Last edited by mirkula on Jan 7, 2019, 7:55:57 PM
"
mirkula wrote:
"
adrenalburr wrote:

In this league blood of the karui is easily accesible as life flask. It helped me a lot and with all the flask nodes you already got. To even buff that, you can use ryslatha for more life flask recovery when you hit low life. Together with the immcall, blood rage an araakali panth setup you life flask recovery will be insane. Now you just need to protect against one shots. High life pool and a new helmet craft that gives you take pysical damage as fire damage can help with that.

When you say new helmet craft, should i look for a crafted helm with the physical damage as fire damage? Is Starkonja's not the end game helm for this build? Also sadly i've been trying to find the last ascendancy trial for forever but it isn't popping up, will it in your opinion make me much more tanky? and i assume wise oak would be best to use once i do get the last ascendancy? Thanks again!
"
adrenalburr wrote:

When you say new helmet craft, should i look for a crafted helm with the physical damage as fire damage? Is Starkonja's not the end game helm for this build? Also sadly i've been trying to find the last ascendancy trial for forever but it isn't popping up, will it in your opinion make me much more tanky? and i assume wise oak would be best to use once i do get the last ascendancy? Thanks again!

starkonja's really strong, it got high life, attack speed and lots of eva.
But if you still struggle with one shots. A helmet with high life an physical damage as fire protects you against the hard hitting physical mobs a bit more.

Last ascendency helps a lot (regen,phys taken as dire dmg and 100% fire resi). If your not ssf then you can check /global 820 its late in league but sometimes poeple advertise. You can also by the trial prophecy cheap (1c) on trade.

Wise oak would be perfect if you manage to balance your uncapped resistances. Otherwise it would only protect you agains the lowes resistance. But that is still good because it gives a lot of damage because your fire resi probl maxed with last ascendeny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info