[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
WhatExists wrote:
I am enjoying the build a lot, but I have a few questions:

1. when Vaal haste and Vaal righteous fire are both used, there is 1 too many skills to be put on the action bar, I'm assuming I get rid of the desecrate totem in this case as the Vaal haste is for mapping and the totem is for bosses?

2. I have seen some talk about the fire impresence being good, I am a bit confused on why this is the case, it is my understanding that the "adds # to # fire damage" applies only to attacks, and that we are not able to make use of the 100% reduced mana res for flammability unless we have a +1 curse item somewhere because we NEED the warlords mark.

3. How much life is recommended for T16 maps assuming fortify, endurance charges, etc. are all properly used? I still seem unable to leech back normal melee attack damage even with proper mitigation, I have to run around the arena and kite if I don't want to die to normal melees with 5.5k life.

With that being said I've been able to kill all the guardians except chimera solo, and I couldn't do chimera because I kinda just get 1 shot by all of his attacks and he attacks too fast for me to find an opening. I love the build and am able to clear all the maps without a problem, I just wish I could do it without dying so that I can level up past 90. Thanks so much for your hard work on the build.

1)Are you taking the Auras off your bar once you cast them? They don't need to stay in an active skill slot once you have them on.

2)Impresence is more of a GG/luxury item, since it's not cheap and you need the +1 curse somewhere. That being said, it's still a decent amulet on it's own, but you can do better with a rare. "Adds X damage" applies to everything when it's not specified, such as "Adds X damage to Spells" or "Adds X damage to Attacks"
You might be able to go for Whispers of Doom in the tree (about 3 extra points), but I'm not sure if flammability is worth giving up the skill points elsewhere, would have to PoB it.

3) Can't give you an exact number, but I run around 6300 life right now in decent gear and feel pretty comfortable in everything but syndicate encounters, which I mostly skip at 10+ tiers.
Hi, thank you for your amusing build. I'm lvl 86 now, have a little over 5K hp and I would like to know how to deal with uberlab and traps in general. I got oneshoted by Izaro in first trial by the missile. Ha had a couple of disruptor buffs. What is the strategy? I'm comfortable already with two life flasks. Is my lvl for that too low? I have very little armor (558)? But then again a think the missile is fire and I have resists over 109. What defence or other advice can you give me? I played mostly facetanks in previous legions and I'm a casual player. Thaks for tips.

PS I have Stone golem and Immortal call on CWDT (lvl 18 yet). Without golem, I have 388 life regen.
"
HockeyVG wrote:
"
WhatExists wrote:
I am enjoying the build a lot, but I have a few questions:

1. when Vaal haste and Vaal righteous fire are both used, there is 1 too many skills to be put on the action bar, I'm assuming I get rid of the desecrate totem in this case as the Vaal haste is for mapping and the totem is for bosses?

2. I have seen some talk about the fire impresence being good, I am a bit confused on why this is the case, it is my understanding that the "adds # to # fire damage" applies only to attacks, and that we are not able to make use of the 100% reduced mana res for flammability unless we have a +1 curse item somewhere because we NEED the warlords mark.

3. How much life is recommended for T16 maps assuming fortify, endurance charges, etc. are all properly used? I still seem unable to leech back normal melee attack damage even with proper mitigation, I have to run around the arena and kite if I don't want to die to normal melees with 5.5k life.

With that being said I've been able to kill all the guardians except chimera solo, and I couldn't do chimera because I kinda just get 1 shot by all of his attacks and he attacks too fast for me to find an opening. I love the build and am able to clear all the maps without a problem, I just wish I could do it without dying so that I can level up past 90. Thanks so much for your hard work on the build.

1)Are you taking the Auras off your bar once you cast them? They don't need to stay in an active skill slot once you have them on.

2)Impresence is more of a GG/luxury item, since it's not cheap and you need the +1 curse somewhere. That being said, it's still a decent amulet on it's own, but you can do better with a rare. "Adds X damage" applies to everything when it's not specified, such as "Adds X damage to Spells" or "Adds X damage to Attacks"
You might be able to go for Whispers of Doom in the tree (about 3 extra points), but I'm not sure if flammability is worth giving up the skill points elsewhere, would have to PoB it.

3) Can't give you an exact number, but I run around 6300 life right now in decent gear and feel pretty comfortable in everything but syndicate encounters, which I mostly skip at 10+ tiers.

Thanks for the reply, for 1 I meant specifically about the vaal versions of haste and rf, not the regular auras, which I am not using (I don't think they are supposed to be used that way) and since they are active skills I cannot take them off the bar if I intend to use them.

For 2, that's what I figured, I don't see how it can work without the additional curse. As a side note are you sure that's what "adds X damage" means? Because I have seen ring mods, for example, that specifically say "adds X damage to spells AND attacks" and some that say "adds X damage" with no specification, I was pretty sure that the latter is referring to attack damage only. I could definitely be wrong on this though, the whole thing is very confusing.

I figured I need to get more life from somewhere... I just don't know where to get it as I already have 70+ life on everything besides loreweave. Thanks for that though, I will aim for at least 6k life soon.
Hello! Your build is fun to play, thank you for sharing this gem. Though, I've got a couple of questions regaring this. Is there any way to make a bigger passive tank? Like dodging or armour? Because sometimes being one-shotted by non-elite mobs is a tad butthurt-ish.
"
WhatExists wrote:

Thanks for the reply, for 1 I meant specifically about the vaal versions of haste and rf, not the regular auras, which I am not using (I don't think they are supposed to be used that way) and since they are active skills I cannot take them off the bar if I intend to use them.

For 2, that's what I figured, I don't see how it can work without the additional curse. As a side note are you sure that's what "adds X damage" means? Because I have seen ring mods, for example, that specifically say "adds X damage to spells AND attacks" and some that say "adds X damage" with no specification, I was pretty sure that the latter is referring to attack damage only. I could definitely be wrong on this though, the whole thing is very confusing.

I figured I need to get more life from somewhere... I just don't know where to get it as I already have 70+ life on everything besides loreweave. Thanks for that though, I will aim for at least 6k life soon.

Hey man, My current character isn't using the spell totel so I don't have that on my skill bar, if you are wanting the spell totem then drop the vaal haste as it won't be available to use in the situations where you would want the totem anyway.

The kind person who replied to before I could is correct, if a damage type isnt stated then it applies to all damage sources, the exception to this is when it is on a weapon and adds a coloured stat to that weapon (red, blue, yellow).

One source of additional flat life is strength on gear. Also now with fossil crafting you can get over 100 life and 3% increased life on boots, helm and gloves. Take a look at my gloves for this leagues character for an example of these.

Maybe check for a corrupted 6 link with the colours you need that has some life and other stats on there before you can get the loreweave if you are in a trade league.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Last edited by Cellstorm on Jan 3, 2019, 5:20:51 AM
"
Choptimist wrote:
Hello! Your build is fun to play, thank you for sharing this gem. Though, I've got a couple of questions regaring this. Is there any way to make a bigger passive tank? Like dodging or armour? Because sometimes being one-shotted by non-elite mobs is a tad butthurt-ish.

Hey there, thanks for the kind words about how fun this is to play.

I took a look at your gear and your flask game is easily the weakest link of your builds. Flasks in PoE are crucial. Go to a youtube vid or a stream of a player you respect as a good player and take a look only at their flasks when they are mapping/bossing. You see them hitting those flask cooldowns all the time, and not life flasks either. There is so much power, like TONS OF POWER in flasks that if you don't use then end game PoE is pretty much impossible even with absolute best in slot gear, that's how important maps are. But like I say, don't take my word for that or think i'm personally using flasks as a crutch. Go take a look at any player playing real high end game PoE and look at their flask choices and how they use them.

I have a suggested flask setup for this build on the front page, that would be a great place to start.

Also, armour doesn't work in PoE how you may initially think it works. Take a look at the PoE wiki page for armour:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

Also make sure you know the difference between dodge and evasion in PoE. Again the wiki provides a very detailed breakdown of each of these, it's a lot of information to take in, but PoE is a game of information and then using that information to your advantage.

Armour is only effective against lots of small hits, Armour will never save you from a one shot situation. One shot situations are usually down to poor play, harsh but true. Move more, position yourself better. Mitigate with charges/fortify/flasks. Debuff/blind with flasks. But ultimately its about positioning.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Jan 3, 2019, 5:31:22 AM
"
Supahvillain wrote:
First of all Happy New Year.

I'm not sure if this is a silly question, but with all of the strength nodes that are picked up along this build, have you looked at equipping Iron Will Support?

It doesn't pay off against the fire pen gem until you get about 1000 strength according to PoB. Could be worth it on a psudo 7/8 link staff though
Hi thanks for this build, I've been monitoring your gear progress on and saw you switch to the uniqe Scepter this week.

This is my current PoB with my current gear.

Just curious what my lowest hanging fruit is to improve survivability. I'm having trouble leveling up into 90 running T9/10's and certain packs are just melting me down.

https://pastebin.com/cPF67RiL

Hey there! Saw your build and i've been leveling it in HC so far lvl 70 getting ready for Merc Lab. I'm in the process of crafting a Shaper staff with 20 CwC on the staff (I have it just need the mods) what mods would you recommend, I plan on using it with a Kaom's Heart just wanna know what's the best DPS I could get out of a 7L staff.

Thanks!
Think I screwed up -

OK for some reason I ended up utilizing your gems and Cell Imolations character profile and not the gems in this build. Fort instance Fire Golem and clarity and had gems linked same as Cell Immolations profile.

What do I use?

Level 82 and just starting to get into higher mapping...well for me any ways.

Thanks all!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info