Scorching Glacial Cascade, Chieftain CWC **Updated**

Well the challenges are not out yet but this build can do pretty much all content. It can get going fast with a 6link staff at lvl 55. I mostly like to play this build because its fun.
Last edited by Rorshax on Jun 1, 2018, 11:22:18 AM
Plenty of damage with this build to kill Shaper, I'm not very good at that fight and havent doen it alot.
Immolate support gem works great for this build! Scorching ray burns so you can keep Elemental focus. Taking out fire penatration seems the only choice, still have fire pen from tree and Chieftain asscendency.

I built a Tectonic slam Chieftain in Incursion, kinda missing the scorchin cascade, hmm maybe if a save up a bunch of regrets I can switch.
Nice!! instant molten shell for arcane surge.
I'm a player from Taiwan. I'm quite interest in this build, but there's still a few questions.
1.I try to craft this build in POB without flask & Xoph's blood, it end out with
230K Glacial Cascade dps & 86K Scorching dps against shaper. Is it really enough to do shaper?

2.If this is enough dps against shaper , can I translate this post into Chinese for build sha
Hi, thanks for your interest. I've never used POB so I'm not sure what the total DPS is.

Maybe someone who is good at POB can do it?

If you dont have xophs blood , you can take Avatar of fire, Xophs amulet adds alot of damage.

Flasks add alot of damage and some other important things are the opal rings, Flamability curse, and the Helmet enchantment.

Too answer the translation question , yes you can post in Chinese.
Last edited by Rorshax on Oct 13, 2018, 6:11:50 PM
I might try and calculate build in POB. I've never used it for some reason.
Not much change after patch notes, should still be good.
Might do this build but keep it cold and go for new Occultist, for the new sweet assendency.
I know this is an older post, but it's one of the first google results for "scorching ray chieftan" so I'm going to necro it anyway.

AFAIK, PoB still doesn't calculate the stacking debuff from SR properly, so the displayed eDPS will always be lower than actual DPS. You can test this for yourself to verify, but every SR character I've ever made has looked like garbage on PoB.

EDIT: BTW great looking build, going to try it out for myself starting tonight! 😬
Last edited by GerPronouncedGrr on Apr 25, 2019, 2:15:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info