[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
severinopt wrote:
In terms of damage, how does a fossil crafted -9 fire res aura helmet compare to abyssus?

Thinking of changing abyssus to something more tanky. undecided as to go for the above choice or for a devotos.

Any opinions are apreciated.

TY

It's about 6% less damage than Abyssus. If you want something more tanky, I recommand The Formless Inferno which gives very high physical mitigation with this build. Devoto's and Starkonja's are also very good for faster farming.
"
jan1ss19 wrote:
So now that abysus with MS+3 enchant cost 30+ exalts is it better to use abysus/deidbellow or helm like mine that was bought for 70 chaos ?

Thanks fellas

I like your helmet :D It seems that Abyssus is no more an affordable option xD (got mine for 2ex in Bestiary lol)
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Hmm i wonder what's the best flask setup. I'm thinking between lion's roar, dying sun, wise oak, atziri's promise.

Molten Strike projectiles don't benefit from Lion's Roar (only Melee hit). The Wise Oak is the most important flask (defensively and offensively). Dying Sun is about 5% more damage than Atziri's Promise but reduces fire damage mitigation (The Wise Oak). Atziri's gives chaos resistance. So you have to get The Wise Oak, and decide between Atziri's, Dying Sun or use both and replace a utility flask if you don't need it.
"
n0th1nk wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:
what's taht insane damage from ignite coming from? and how are you igniting single targets?

Its not ignite itself, its combustion -fire res debuff
Since we cant proc ignite (because of elemental focus) i used ancestral protector with combustion gem (instead of culling strike in this guide).
If u get fortify on hit with corruption on weapon u can replace 4l leap slam with 3link and get 4link on protector with culling (10%more dmg total).

Ok thanks. Good suggestion. But that can also be done with chieftain, and you will still get 10% more damage than Jugg. I tried to avoid Combustion because many monsters are immune to ailments.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Hmm i wonder what's the best flask setup. I'm thinking between lion's roar, dying sun, wise oak, atziri's promise.

Molten Strike projectiles don't benefit from Lion's Roar (only Melee hit). The Wise Oak is the most important flask (defensively and offensively). Dying Sun is about 5% more damage than Atziri's Promise but reduces fire damage mitigation (The Wise Oak). Atziri's gives chaos resistance. So you have to get The Wise Oak, and decide between Atziri's, Dying Sun or use both and replace a utility flask if you don't need it.

Tks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it xD
Can u pls take some moment and check my PoB link ? My gear is not that bad but i only have 370k dps. I wonder what am i doing wrong.
Here is the link : https://pastebin.com/wyGSkiws
"
huyakf1997 wrote:

Tks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it xD
Can u pls take some moment and check my PoB link ? My gear is not that bad but i only have 370k dps. I wonder what am i doing wrong.
Here is the link : https://pastebin.com/wyGSkiws

Your build seems good actually. There are some minor improvements that can be made :*
- Your off hand Nebuloch has very low dps (210) compared to your main hand (>240) and has only 13% quality :D
- It is better to get flat physical damage than flat elemental damage on abyss jewels (you can get over 7% more damage by doing so)
- Maybe some more attack speed on jewels
- You can replace Flammability+Blasphemy with Herald of Purity + Lightning golem => more damage and attack speed

After this changes, you will be at about 450-500k per ball, which is really good and should be enough for all content (about 5-6M dps if all your balls hit or if you can use Ancestral Call correctly)

- if possible : get an amulet that has flat phys + % of phys gained as fire. This can be expensive and not necessary
- Abyssus : is becoming more expensive so not really highly recommended anymore

"
n0th1nk wrote:

Molten strike melee hits first, then drops balls.
What gear is unrealistic? I wrote post about helm and searched rares on trade and posted prices in post above, and took nebuloch corruptions from this guide.
btw those rares arent even best you get much more res and hp with some exalts investiment

p.s. I posted build for ppl who cant make it work with jugg and it performs not worse than this guide and has more defences, if u gonna nitpick on 4 suffix helm pretend that it is 40 40 res helm with 3 suffixes or just ignore delve aura mod. (there is second item set in that pob for those ppl)

First, I think jugg is a great ascendancy for this. Both chieftan and jugg are very strong.

But chieftan with this setup is still more dps. You gave yourself 11% more attack speed on your flask (which is be ok if VP is incorrectly applying a dps loss to the magma balls) and you gave yourself combustion debuff along with sulfur flask.

take all those things away and your build is closer to 480k dps. the ratio remains the same and if you apply those same buffs to the OP's chieftan PoB, you'll see it greatly outscales jug in damage.

edit: also i should mention, the 21% average physical as extra fire is not calculated in OP's pob. Here is OP's setup with all of your buffs and the 21% physical as fire that chieftan gets from his passive.

https://pastebin.com/y33Czw6j
Last edited by grimchip on Oct 15, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
"
n0th1nk wrote:
"
argoniashawks wrote:

The corrupted fortify is on MELEE hit, and your helm has 4 suffixes. TBH some of the gear in your PoB isnt realistic IMO.

Molten strike melee hits first, then drops balls.
What gear is unrealistic? I wrote post about helm and searched rares on trade and posted prices in post above, and took nebuloch corruptions from this guide.
btw those rares arent even best you get much more res and hp with some exalts investiment

p.s. I posted build for ppl who cant make it work with jugg and it performs not worse than this guide and has more defences, if u gonna nitpick on 4 suffix helm pretend that it is 40 40 res helm with 3 suffixes or just ignore delve aura mod. (there is second item set in that pob for those ppl)

I try to be just outside of melee range for max DPS, so the balls overlap when i play MS.
"
Rouxsale wrote:
"
Krooner wrote:
I've used the weapon swap successfully. You don't need to stay still the entire time. Just as long as you can refresh charges once, you should be good.

I'm sorry to be insistent, but at what moment are you able to sit still for 4 whole seconds when he aims icy spikes at you or the shield charges? :/

Thanks in advance, would really love to nail this fight and challenges down

Sorry for the late reply mate. The ice spikes last about 4 seconds or so? I just kept war-crying every 5 seconds or so I can just leap slam out and back in. Also the 20% quality on enduring cry I think gives extra range on the cry. I was able to tank most of the charges at range, so that was my strategy. Took me a few tries to get used to it, but was easy enough to do afterwards.
Hi, love the build. I am having trouble with regen/degen and was wondering if you could have a look at my character please? Character should be public. POB is https://pastebin.com/kHPHBJJE.

I only have the one ring but based off the detailed analysis section i believe i have enough life to be ok? Just wondering if i have missed anything major. Thanks so much

EDIT: pretty sure it was res cap, if there is anything else you find please let me know, thanks :)
Last edited by Rimmdizzle on Oct 16, 2018, 11:22:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info