[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't posted in the last 2 months. Haven't really touched PoE in that time. I'm glad you could help each other out.

From what I can see from the patch notes, Freezing Pulse got around 12% damage buff. A small downside is that good +1 totems shields will be now way harder to get since you have to roll them on shaper shields.

Overall once again a slight buff for the build.

I will update the guide tomorrow or the day after.

I might even consider starting out with the build myself though I generally tend to try different builds.
"
VisorX wrote:
Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't posted in the last 2 months. Haven't really touched PoE in that time. I'm glad you could help each other out.

From what I can see from the patch notes, Freezing Pulse got around 12% damage buff. A small downside is that good +1 totems shields will be now way harder to get since you have to roll them on shaper shields.

I might even consider starting out with the build myself though I generally tend to try different builds.

Since this is my ONLY build i'll give a feedback after a week or so. I will again boost the max of it.

Mark of the Shaper + Elder Ring
Fingerless Shaped Gloves (Cast speed + ProjectDmg)
Shaped Shield (Harmonic Spirit or Fossilised or maybe a shield with all res implicit)

I also will try to use without shield for example 2x Shaped Void Septre or Sambar.

Loreweave got nerfed (max res) but still the best in slot unique. Now when we divine it we can focus more on the damage rolls.

Hatred for leveling maybe now its good or till we have Clear Mind unique jewel.

"
VisorX wrote:

I only play SSF and this is the first char i got to 92 and killed all guardians for the first time.
I love this build so much because is fun and allows me to do most of the content.
Good to know you're keeping updates on this build. Keep up the good work brah.
Hi guys, I made my own Freezing pulse totem build for my leaguestart and I'm really struggling on whether I should use multiple totem, I tried several calculation and I came to the conclusion that it was more or less as much damage, but then more totems means more life and mana regen from Hierophant notable, sooooo, what's your guys reason on not taking it? thank you in advance :)

(Also, I'm taking Sanctuary of thoughts instead of the power and endurance charge duration to become a pseudo Hybrid build (reaching easily 2.5k ES) because I can easily get power charges in other ways, is that really bad?

Thanks again ! I can also link my build : https://pastebin.com/gdia841U

The main reason for not using Multiple Totems is that you will rarely make use of 6 Totems while mapping. I think it's fine to use it when you don't have a +1 Totem shield yet.

The Problem I see with hybrid builds is that you quickly will be at 0 ES in difficult situations and you don't have anything skilled regarding ES recharge.

Skill Tree Changes
- Frost Walker got a significant buff and should always be picked up
- Divine Judgement is out
- Nimbleness got buffed, so it might be slightly better to take the lower path above witch (and not path by Throatseeker), also gets you better access to another jewel socket, and at last Arcane Will might be better then the other 2 point clusters we take for mana
- Snowforged gives Resists now
- Arcane Swiftness is another 3-Point cluster (which also gives 3% block) we can take for damage, there are a lot of 3-point clusters which are around 10% damage
- We now need 1 more point to reach the cluster at the Shadow starting Area. So you could argue if it's still worth it. I think so, because it's hard to get life somewhere else. Also Lethal Assault might be worth to pickup.

Comparison of 3-Point Damage Clusters:
- Nimbleness 10.4% Damage, also 4% movement speed
- Throatseeker 12.2% Damage
- Snowforged 9.9% Damage, also 30% Resists
- Arcane Swiftness 9.7% Damage, also 3% Block

My current choice will be to pickup Nimbleness for lvl90. After that you can pickup Arcane Swiftness, the jewel, Lethal Assault, or more life at Melding. There are honestly too many good nodes to pickup. I think Snowforged and Throatseeker are out.

I'm also thinking about taking the Mana+Life Regen nodes right at Templar start. We get 5% Life, 5% Mana, 1.2% LifeRegen, 60% increased Manaregen.

I made an entirely new PoB from scratch: https://pastebin.com/GGR6TK0K

Would love to hear your guys input on the skill trees. PoB has 300k shaper DPS and very good defenses with high end, but achievable gear.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 7, 2019, 12:57:43 PM
I updated the guide to 3.6. The new skill trees on the website are not available yet. So please use the PoB.

Tell me if I missed anything or you have any further suggestions to the guide.
VisorX,

I have played this build the past 2 leagues and I love it. I got though T15/T16 maps and past Delve level 200. I cannot thank you enough. It is the 1st build I have really loved in POE. And I will use it for the new league.

Any thoughts with using essence worm unset ring with a free haste aura? How about Spiritual Command (near the beginning of the tree) (to enhance our damage to enhance the totem's damage)? I saw this used in some other totem builds. I have not yet figured out how to get POB working so please consider posting the skill trees when you can.

Thank you again.

"
VisorX wrote:
I updated the guide to 3.6. The new skill trees on the website are not available yet. So please use the PoB.

Tell me if I missed anything or you have any further suggestions to the guide.

This build will rock in 3.6. I appreciated the improvements you made to the POB file, like the three levels and skills organization. Thank you :)
Isn't Frostbolt now better than Freezing Pulse?
"
gmac wrote:
VisorX,
Any thoughts with using essence worm unset ring with a free haste aura? How about Spiritual Command (near the beginning of the tree) (to enhance our damage to enhance the totem's damage)? I saw this used in some other totem builds. I have not yet figured out how to get POB working so please consider posting the skill trees when you can.

Glad you are enjoying the build. Essence Worm is indeed a good mention, but not because of Haste, you would use the new Hatred which gives 18% more cold damage at level 20. I will put that in the guide.

"
Wonkie wrote:
Isn't Frostbolt now better than Freezing Pulse?

The mechanics of Frostbolt and Freezing Pulse haven't changed. Just because Frostbolt was buffed by 25% and Freezing Pulse by 12% doesn't make it better. You are free to try out both skills since tree and gear are pretty much the same. Just swap gem and jewels.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 7, 2019, 6:07:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info