[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Tried this build out today to see how it was. It's a pretty fun build and can see this working well at start. I'm usually not too into totems at all but i'm diggin it

old items
Spoiler

Using trolltimber shield helps a little bit with not having leech for those oh shit moments and using winds of change gloves for a bit more proj dmg+speed + add to projectile weaknesses knockback. Will probably play around with some other items later

Changed items up a bit, and added shimmerons offhands. Almost Lv92 now, still having fun with the build. Trying to get 10% pen on boots but getting bored of running lab for it. Mapping with shield charge is insanely fast, red maps are a breeze. Haven't messed with guardians or shaper yet with this build but will try it soon.
Spoiler

I plan on not using the bleed flask when i add a corrupted clear mind jewel with corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you implicit and replacing the flask with wise oak
Last edited by Saintdraco on Jun 30, 2018, 3:09:57 PM
Having some fun with this build after some terrible starts and rips.

Managed to kill the lich at level 74, playing on HC Inc.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Last edited by thekottik on Jun 27, 2018, 12:12:04 AM
Hi, been trying out your build. I am at level 38, I just took the passive skill Ancestral Bond to get my 3rd totem out. I can no longer use my Shield Charge skill. (I do have a Shield equipped.

Thank you

OK, just figure it out, I need to use one hand Mace and a shield to use the Shield Charged
Last edited by speciesforfun on Jun 28, 2018, 8:51:40 PM
First time I have actually played past level 35ish and chose this build for a starter.

Currently at 84 and have found it extremely easy considering I have NO idea how to play/what to do etc.

Have done Atziri and uber lab so far, first time, no idea what I was doing.

Highly recommend this build if you are just starting out :) Very enjoyable letting the totems do all the work and you just focus on not standing in stuff that kills you.

Thank you for the guide!
I wanna ask, since you used Controlled Destruction Support, it says 100% reduced critical chance, meaning the crit chance is useless when having Controlled Destruction Support gem right ?
100% reduced, not 100% less crit chance. So say you're at 6% base, +300% crit chance from various sources or 24%. Controlled destruction reduces that to +200% or 18%. Still significant, but so is a big more damage multiplier.
Hello i have a question, so you say to use frostbomb etc but these skills dont do any damage for me. As there not cast by a totem and in your gem links you also dont use a totem so how do you get them to do damage.

Edit: Nvm it was arcane surge where the dmg is coming from. Should have read more before posting :) ty for the guide.
Last edited by bommijn on Jul 3, 2018, 3:40:42 PM
How are you getting to 7k life?
"
Sarkonix wrote:
How are you getting to 7k life?
7k EHP, not actual life. At 40% MoM from ascendancy, it would break down to 4200 health, 2800 mana. Very achievable by level 90, I'll be close at 81.

Arcane surge is a small more multiplier and increased cast speed, but frost bomb can reduce cold resistance without doing damage as well. I don't think it gets reduced by curse effectiveness, so -25 cold resist is more important than the more multiplier. Not as guaranteed against mobile bosses, but worth trying.

Have played chieftain totems in the past, and hierophant has squishy totems. 4 of them is great, but still. Also no regen maps aren't fun at all as MoM. You absolutely can do them, but its like temporal chains you may not want to.
Ok, been following this guide for a few weeks now and got my character to 85 so far loving this build.
With the extra passives would it be wise to take Shamans Dominion?? 5 points and get some extra damage and crit chance / strike?

Still waiting for my 6l mantle, at 819 fuse so far. Sitting in hideout with my Beak and Spell Dmg / Life / Res / crit chance shield my dps is 19.9k and with my rare scepter / shield (crit multi, strike, ele + spell dmg life/res) i have 23k. That is sufficient with what you recommend right?
I do really love how fast you can throw up totems and shield charge with the beak though.

One last question, I only have 5k eHP (3200 / 1900) i have good life stats on almost all my gear, where am I able to get that extra 2k?
( actually on looking again, it is because I am using vent gamble, goldwyrm and sadima touch lol) I dont feel like it is helping with MF though (IIQ = 48 IRT = 54)

Would you recommend anything at this point (mostly about the Shamans Dominion)? Thank you for the amazing guide.

Only my 2nd real toon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info