[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

What would be the best upgrade for the Soul of Tokuhama?

day 5~6 flashback race

also that regen is base regen without time of need, build works perfectly insanely tanky only 1 death so far when i was lower level and had less es, since this league people RIP alot from beyond bosses + breaches spawning at same time.

ps. because i dont have determination yet the armor is achieved by using a granite flask and i socketed conc effect on my purity of ice to make my mana reserve go lower.
Last edited by WindFaLL95 on May 10, 2018, 1:28:04 AM
How do u reach those 3k ES regen ? i am strugling super hard now and i got 1.2k ES and its far from enough to keep me going.

This is the items i got atm:

got Deaths door aswell but running Uber lab on another character to get the proper enchant

link " https://pastebin.com/KDzJVz5d "

I really am lost dunno how to reach higher ES regen :(
Last edited by Ferro89 on May 10, 2018, 5:40:54 AM
Be carefull. Stats in game can be tricky. Especially the regen.
This kind of sheet show you the total regen. Not the extra regen after activating RF. Yet the important stat is the net regen you have after appling the RF debuff.
And at the same time, the regen from the sheet can show your regen with the temporary buff from Time of Need. And the more ES you have, the higher the regen number will be under this buff.
And ultimately, this number can be tricky if you are under some temporary buff like flask. And from what I see in his res, he is, at least, under ruby flask.

You should rely on your PoB stats, and not your ingame stats.

Btw Ferro89, if you stuggle with your regen, you should start by buying a Shaper belt ilvl 82 mini (Heavy belt or Crystal belt are the best base), and try to craft a 17+ ES recovery rate. It works as a multiplier with your regen making it a super effective affixe.
And at the same time you should check out your tree if you get most of regen nodes from it, while having a PoF lvl 21. Normaly, even with a Watcher's Eye with regen buff, you should have under than 300 positive raw regen after applying RF debut (when I say "raw regen" this refer to the lowest regen you may have in your HO with no temporary buff of any kind).

By the way, you should not need regen enchant on boot in order to sustain RF degen. This should only works as a situational buff. A buff that will help in fight situation in order to keep a higher survivability. But you should not need it in Lab. Not having the proper enchant should not keep you running the lab with this character. If you need this buff, then, there is a problem with your build.
And I'd like to add ... in lab, the only situation where Death Door is mandatory is on day with Font. Font apply Vulnerability, and while you are under Vulnerability, the risk to be bleeded by ennemi is extremly high. A bleed from an Izaro crit can kill you in 1-2 sec.
Except in this situation, you can play with other usefull boots, like Alberon or rare ES boots.

/E for Ferro89 :
From what I see in from PoB link :

In your tree :
- Respect 3 nodes in Arcane Focus and Deep Wisdom area ;
- Take the 3 Life & Mana Regen nodes from Templar start ;
- Respect the 3 Armor & ES nodes from Templar Start ;
- Take the 2-3 regen nodes in Scion area (linked to Shaper notbale) ;
- Use the remaining skill point to take back ES nodes in Arcane Focus area.

Just with this you should jump from -95 regen to +45 regen. And this will cost 6-7 Regret Orbs.

In your stuff :
- Get a 17-20% ES recovery rate belt. You can buy a Shaper base (Heavy Belt or Crystal Belt are the best for this build), and craft it on your own by alt spaming then aug/regal it.

With the tree change and only a random belt with +17% ES recovery rate, you should have +245 positive regen. And this should cost you, for the cheapest one, 5c. If you take a good one, it's more like 1-3 ex, maybe more.

And by leveling and upgrading your ES, you should improve naturaly these numbers.

In your gems :
- Get a Purity of Fire lvl 21 (cost something like 80c in bestiary).
With the previous correction and a PoF 21, your regen should raise to +309 positive regen.

And by just reaching lvl 92 and and using this tree, you should reach +565 positive regen. And here I always talking about raw regen. Not flask buff, no temporary or situation buff. It's the lowest regen you may get.
PoB link of the build level 92 : https://pastebin.com/FTrZd437
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on May 10, 2018, 7:42:09 AM
Any plans on updating this for 3.3? Just asking because this was my first RF build and hot damn did I enjoy it. Thank you for the time and energy put into maintaining this build and thread everyone!
"

If you have time to look it over, can you by chance give me a few minutes and see if I'm missing anything in my tree?

PoB of my 'current' setup: https://pastebin.com/u3zGJ0rL
Last edited by reagan247 on May 11, 2018, 3:04:00 PM
"
reagan247 wrote:
"

If you have time to look it over, can you by chance give me a few minutes and see if I'm missing anything in my tree?

PoB of my 'current' setup: https://pastebin.com/NA7sVRmk

I don't see many thing to say. You are well geared. With wise choice and balance of almost every items. You followed a different path from the one I chosed. From your regen, it could be arguable to get a bit more regen by switching the same nodes as everyone (regen nodes from Tempar & Scion starts). But you have the stuff to sustain this without it. So if you don't feel the need to do it, the don't bother yourself with this.

I would just say that one of your jewel should be changed (Carion Solace). Personnaly I only look for %ES/%Burning + 1 extra dps mods as base for my jewels.

On your tree, I only see a questionnable choice. The node "Mana regen & Life" under MoM should be respected. By upgrading your life, it lower your net regen for a totaly negligible dps buff (0.4%). If you are under 300 raw positive regen, I wouldn't consider as wise to sacrifice even a single point of flat regen.

You should, at the same time, try to get a 21/20 Scorching Ray. This should be a great upgrade for your dps.
https://pastebin.com/viBFPLWU

Is the updated version. I switched out 1 life node to get 1 regen node and it put me at a very slight positive.

Thanks for the feedback. I am shooting for a 21 RF gem, it's just not happening yet.

Here's my last question, is that armor node and the bottom left worth the jewel socket? I really doubt I'll hit 95 on this guy.
"
reagan247 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/viBFPLWU

Is the updated version. I switched out 1 life node to get 1 regen node and it put me at a very slight positive.

Thanks for the feedback. I am shooting for a 21 RF gem, it's just not happening yet.

Here's my last question, is that armor node and the bottom left worth the jewel socket? I really doubt I'll hit 95 on this guy.

It's a bit difficult to answer this question because it totaly depend on the jewel you will sock, and so, on how much currency you can spend in a jewel. On a low buget, taking a jewel sock can be questionnable. On a high level of currency, it's in many situation, one of the most powerfull node you can get.
For this build, it's juste math. For 3 skill points, you potentialy can get 48%* inc dmg , 8% ES, and 16% armour.
So it make a ratio of 16% inc dmg ; 2.6% ES / 5.3% armor buff per skill point in the best situation. And obviously, if you have a lower jewel, this ratio per skill point will lower.

So to answer you, it's easy, check out how much stat you will get per skill point with the jewel you have in stock or you can buy. And check out for an other option like taking ES nodes in an other part of the tree. Go for the solution that provide the bigest buff (<insert random pic of captain obvious>).

*48% inc dmg is for : 20% burning / 16% fire / 12% DOT or AOE.

I also forgot to say but, in your tree, I see an other mistake : You took the Melding wheel and didn't take the 4 ES nodes from Witch start. It's not a mistake if you sock an Healthy Mind or an Energy from Within in the jewel area to convert Life in Mana of in ES. But if you don't do this, then it's a brut ES lost.
In one hand, without those jewels, Melding will gives you a total of 25% ES for 4 skill point. And in an other hand, the 4 ES nodes between Deep Wisdom and the start Witch will gives you 38% ES and 10% ES recharge rate for 4 skill points. Imo, you should respect the Melding wheel and spend your skills points in the 4 ES nodes between the witch start and Deep Wisdom. This should brings you from 11.7k ES to 12k ES. It's a little buff, but 300 extra ES for 4 Regret orbs sounds to be a good correction in my eyes.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on May 12, 2018, 8:54:16 AM
Thank you. Sometimes you need a 2nd set of eyes.

Without your observations, I was kind of hitting a wall.

Here's the last 'update': https://pastebin.com/143GquZ8

Shaper DPS is now:
RF - 221K/sec
SR - 449K/sec

Again, thank you. What a journey this has been! Hahaha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info