[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

I saw several comments earlier suggesting added cold/light damage on ring in order to proc EE on shield charge.

I am not sure why this is necessary, since I use orb of storms anyway to proc EO, and that should also proc the EE, making it unnecessary to proc it with shield charge and use a ring roll for that.

Am I missing something here?

Only thing I can think of is possibly to proc it on trash mobs, but they die fast enough anyway (and can use orb of storms on strong rares that require it), so I would rather use the ring roll on another stat
Orb of storm + crit to trigger EO/EE
Shield charge + elemental damage to tigger EE on hit/mapping
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Mar 22, 2018, 1:17:43 PM
"
tesken wrote:
I saw several comments earlier suggesting added cold/light damage on ring in order to proc EE on shield charge.

I am not sure why this is necessary, since I use orb of storms anyway to proc EO, and that should also proc the EE, making it unnecessary to proc it with shield charge and use a ring roll for that.

Only thing I can think of is possibly to proc it on trash mobs, but they die fast enough anyway (and can use orb of storms on strong rares that require it), so I would rather use the ring roll on another stat

Well, that kind of logic only comes into play if you have a ring with 6 useful, high rolled stats. So on an Opal ring that would be what? 100ex? Or mirror one in standard? If all you can get are 4-5 stat rings, why not go for some nice quality of life? You are of course correct that it is very low priority.

"
Orb of storm + crit to trigger EO
Shield charge + elemental damage to tigger EE on hit

Huh? OoS does trigger both.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 22, 2018, 1:11:21 PM
"
tesken wrote:

You could do this sure, but to make the most of sc while fast mapping. Just switch out ring with preferred ring for boss fight
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Mar 22, 2018, 1:39:34 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:

Huh? OoS does trigger both.

Ah yes meant for moving/mapping.
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
So in order to help you, here is 1-2 key points you must take in consideration in order to feel a bit more confortable with this build :
- You must have a minimum of 82 fire resistance, and should aim for 83 fire res ;
- You must take most of the regen life node in the tree and near your path. So don't skip regen nodes near Scion start and linked to Shaper node. You also probably need to take regen nodes from Templar start, and respect them latter when your stuff alow you this ;
- You must take some aura buff nodes in order to get the 82-83 fire res.
- When you reach a good level of stuff that alow you to have an enought regen (like far over 500 positive raw regen), then you should start to switch slowly to OP treen & stuff.

Otherwise, you will have hard time, don't understand what you did wrong and get bored by this build while it's a realy cool and pleasant one.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I fixed the skill issues. Also, I deactivated the "on consecrated ground" and "been hit recently" in configuration tab. After I added all regen nodes I could find, I am still not on a uber regen, or? Also, now I have to remove 8 other skill points in tree to keep lvl 92. Any tipps?

Here the new Build: https://pastebin.com/q9ttzE28
"
Mecielle wrote:
First of all, I assume we are talking about unbuffed regen, obviously. No ruby flask, no hit recently, nothing that is a situational boost to regen.

Now, then tell me what to do to get 500 net regen without my 2 regen mod Watchers Eye:

[...]

https://pastebin.com/U7rXyei2

536 positive raw regen without Watcher Eye, and absolutly no bullshit buff (no flask, 0 option check marked in Config' sheet) and with the +2 skill bandit reward. So if we push, it could be even higher.

It is based on my personnal bestiary character. And yes I set it up to level 95 but at the same time, my point was to say that we should only consider to switch to OP build when we have the level, and the stuff to make it viable. While OP presented a lvl 100 build, it should not be a problem I think. So if you don't meet those requirement, you probably have to adapte, to custom his tree and stuff. You have to keep in mind that we can't consider a lvl 100 tree as doable in many way for most people who stop at ~lvl90. That's why I was saying most people should adapt their tree instead copy/past those presented by OP.

For the dmg boost, keep in mind that against the end game boss, you will have to move realy ofent, especialy in Uber Elder fight (here you can see the guy is forced to dodge manualy many hit and can't charge SR for more than 2sec 90% of the fight). You can't face tank brainelessly against some end game boss. So most of the time, you won't be able to use SR in an efficient way.

And thanks for your advice for my character, but I'm only 88, I didn't finished yet my leveling. So don't worry, I will take Might but latter. Atm, it's not the most revelant node choice in my eyes. ;)

"
tesken wrote:

It's just a question of gameplay.

We use Orb of storm against boss and, sometime against unique/rare with shity mods just because the mob stats force us to stop spaming shield charge. OoS is here to proc EE and EO in those fight and help us to have the highest dps possible against those monsters.

The flat cold/light affixe is here to alow us to proc EE with Shield Charge, and then making the maping gameplay much more fluid.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Mar 22, 2018, 1:51:46 PM
"
Bob_ROss wrote:
Well, I got a new ring for 50c. It also has ligthning damage, so EE should no prog? Here the new pastbin, I also removed a jewel slot to get barbarism. Is this okisch for start with this build?

https://pastebin.com/CN77vTT5

Hi Bob :)

I've looked at your new tree. Seems ok but a little focused on the damage side. Obviously that's a judgement thing - you might be fine as is.

For a slightly more defensive option you could drop the 5 points of fire damage at the top of Witch and the 1 point after Barbarism. Then grab the Influence cluster. That will see you hit 83 fire res and puts you in positive regen territory without needing to be on consecrated ground.

Again, no reason not to try with your tree as is. You could well be fine. But if you need to grab a little more regen then what I have outlined above may help. Possibly grabbing the regen nodes over the mana nodes by Scion and the templar start regen nodes if you really need to.

Be interesting to see how you get on with your tree as is though. I think I am planning something between your tree and more defensive options. I may be forced into going more defensive as well. A little worried how we mitigate a lot of larger hits from mobs that deal ele damage like beyond bosses given my regen is not exactly amazing until Time of Need triggers. I've opted for a decoy totem and vaal discipline as well to see if they might be useful. I'll lose them if not!

Good luck :)
"
"
Mecielle wrote:
First of all, I assume we are talking about unbuffed regen, obviously. No ruby flask, no hit recently, nothing that is a situational boost to regen.

Now, then tell me what to do to get 500 net regen without my 2 regen mod Watchers Eye:

[...]

https://pastebin.com/U7rXyei2

536 positive raw regen without Watcher Eye, and absolutly no bullshit buff (no flask, 0 option check marked in Config' sheet) and with the +2 skill bandit reward. So if we push, it could be even higher.

It is based on my personnal bestiary character. And yes I set it up to level 95 but at the same time, my point was to say that we should only consider to switch to OP build when we have the level, and the stuff to make it viable. While OP presented a lvl 100 build, it should not be a problem I think. So if you don't meet those requirement, you probably have to adapte, to custom his tree and stuff. You have to keep in mind that we can't consider a lvl 100 tree as doable in many way for most people who stop at ~lvl90. That's why I was saying most people should adapt their tree instead copy/past those presented by OP.

For the dmg boost, keep in mind that against the end game boss, you will have to move realy ofent, especialy in Uber Elder fight (here you can see the guy is forced to dodge manualy many hit and can't charge SR for more than 2sec 90% of the fight). You can't face tank brainelessly against some end game boss. So most of the time, you won't be able to use SR in an efficient way.

And thanks for your advice for my character, but I'm only 88, I didn't finished yet my leveling. So don't worry, I will take Might but latter. Atm, it's not the most revelant node choice in my eyes. ;)

Well, of course everybody could change 15 passives around to path way out of the norm to get sustain and use 5 Healthy Mind instead of good jewels.

But if you ever revert to OP's pathing, you will have to get a regen Watchers Eye too, simple as that. Or make do with 100-150 unbuffed net regen.

Yet told others that it is totally easy to get 500 net regen. It isn't, you have to either invest a small amount of currency, or do what you are doing, path in a totally different way to get 83% fire res and more regen.

That is why I am very sure it will be a much more relaxed and safe playstyle to go for a regen Watchers Eye instead of a clarity mana to ES one. Except maybe vs Uber Elder, but who cares about that clusterfuck of a fight. Did it once on my MS Inquisitor, never again.

Also, you have been answering a lot of questions and giving advice and maybe overlooked me doing the same for the last few days. This is like my 20th RF build I have done in the last 4 years. I have 6000 hours played, you don't have to explain the very basics. I was just confused about your statement about how easy it was to sustain on this build.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 22, 2018, 2:25:28 PM
For the Uber elder fight is it better to bring a es/vit regen watchers eye or the +es with clarity, pretty hard to get both on bsc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info