[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Change your belt, you need to have "#% increase energy shield recovery rate" (check the belt of the owner). It give you a huge amount of regen.

1 question - which mod from your watchers eye stone is required - vitality regen or clarity ?? Couse... Watcher's Eye with both of them .... :

http://poe.trade/search/eronawotekumoh

and only with "maximum mana as maximum ES"

http://poe.trade/search/totasinotitoug

Last edited by Orbit84 on Mar 18, 2018, 5:39:59 AM
Could someone guide me why Death’s door is best in slot?? Thanks and sorry for a noobie question.
hi, i'm new to RF and tanky builds in general, have some quastions, sorry for my english

1. we go for more armour even having 90% reduction because of debuffs (curses)?
2. do we swap RF in 6-link for mapping? if we do then 6-link is RF-inc.area-burning-elefocus-swift-destruction? well i guess it depends on map tier
3. is +1 gem corruption on the kite shield worse then 12% ele res?
4. how much should we overcap res to always have 80-82 even under all debuffs (curses)? is 110+ enough?
5. which one mode on watcher's eye is the best for our regen?
- ES recovery increased under Discipline
- life regen under Vitality
- % of maximum ES regenerated udner Discipline
6. is +regen enchant on boots a rare thing? i closed like 50 labs and never got one

thx a lot
Thanks for the guide! I intend to adapt my current LL-SR-RF build to something very similar. But I was wondering about your 0% Chaos Resistance: Is that never a problem (even with the 25% chaos resistance against DoT)?
"
imoix wrote:
Could someone guide me why Death’s door is best in slot?? Thanks and sorry for a noobie question.

There is 2 reasons why Death Door is commonly considered as BiS by many LL RF builds :
- The bleed immunity. Bleed works as a degen. And it's can be an extremly strong and violent source of degen in high tier maps. With this, you just totaly ignore and annul a whole source of dmg. So it's a pure tankiness affixe. It's extremly violent.
- The rest of the stats are well balanced. Death Door provide some str, which stack with Shaper's Touch, it provide some res, alowing us to overcap res in order to ignore map mods like Elemental Weakness. It gives a decent move speed. And it's an hybrid armor/ES base.

But at the same time, it's not a key item. You can also play other boots like rare high ES boots, or Alberon as example.
Death Door just provide more flexibility, and an extremly tanky solution. If you have the currency or the chance to drop them, do not miss it. It's a realy powerfull item.

"
obsik wrote:
hi, i'm new to RF and tanky builds in general, have some quastions, sorry for my english

1. we go for more armour even having 90% reduction because of debuffs (curses)?
2. do we swap RF in 6-link for mapping? if we do then 6-link is RF-inc.area-burning-elefocus-swift-destruction? well i guess it depends on map tier
3. is +1 gem corruption on the kite shield worse then 12% ele res?
4. how much should we overcap res to always have 80-82 even under all debuffs (curses)? is 110+ enough?
5. which one mode on watcher's eye is the best for our regen?
- ES recovery increased under Discipline
- life regen under Vitality
- % of maximum ES regenerated udner Discipline
6. is +regen enchant on boots a rare thing? i closed like 50 labs and never got one

thx a lot

1. From armor wiki page :
"
Rule of thumb

To prevent one third of damage, you need armour 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent half of damage, you need armour 10 times the damage (e.g. 1000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent two thirds of damage, you need armour 20 times the damage (e.g. 2000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent three quarters of damage, you need armour 30 times the damage (e.g. 3000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent 90% of damage, you need armour 90 times the damage (e.g. 9000 armour for 100 damage)
armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 100 damage)

cf : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour
In a simple way : the higher the physical hit will be, the higher armor you will need in order to get the highest physical dmg reduction.
This is to prevent being OS by extremly violent hit from end game content.

2. You can play a 6L RF setup. Gems setup will be : RF, Ele focus, Burning dmg, Arcan Surge, Switf Affliction, Conc Eff or Inc Aoe. But it wont be needed in general. This build get most of his dps from Sorching Ray. RF in 4 link is, most of the time, way enought for trash mobs, even in T16. If you have a 5-6L, put your SR setup in it. It will be better in many ways.

3. The +1 corruption would only be usefull in order to get a lvl 23 Purity of Fire. But it's not relevant while a +1 Prism Guardian is in general more expansive than a lvl 21 PoF (atm +1 Prism is ~100c while a lvl 21 PoF cost like 55c).

"
Elemental Weakness is one of the curses that can be rolled on maps, the curses affect the entire area and cannot be removed. The level of the curses varies depending on the map tier:
modifier tag Curse level
of Elemental Weakness mid_tier_map 10
of Elemental Weakness top_tier_map 15

cf : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Weakness
And a lvl 15 EW = a -34% res debuff on player.
Considering the -60% res from killing Kitava, you will need : 60 + 83 + 34 = 177 total res for each element. Or 117 res from stat pannel in game.

5. For regen only (in preference order imo) :
- "(20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline"
- "(20-30)% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality"
- "(100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality"
But those mods are extremly expensive. And you enter in mirror tier item level when you add to this the "Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity" affixes.
If you aim to buy a Watcher'es Eye with at least one of these affixe, aim for the cheapest one in first hand. Or for the Clarity one if you feel confortable with your regen. If you drop one, then consider you as lucky af.

6. You have 4.94% chance to get the "Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently".
Cf : http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=enchantment&an=boots
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Mar 18, 2018, 11:38:07 AM
Hello,

A big thanks for this great build!
Leveling was not very smooth but well, it's done! (I used the "Righteous Fire Scorching Ray totems Hierophant" build for leveling to 81 and then respected 4 ascendancy points and around 35 regular points)

Now i'm running this build and it does a great job! I feel very strong and tanky already (only level 81 and still need to run uber lab).

Here's my stuff :

Only 1 jewel unlocked on the tree :

A question : is there a better way than another to put auras into Prism Guardian (+2 level, +3 with corruption) and into shaper's touch (max +1 level with corruption)? I guess purity of fire and purity of ice are better into Prism Guardian to reach level 23 and get +5% to max resistance (we already have a +1 to max lightning resistance into the tree).
Also, is it worth getting a level 21 RF gem?
Last edited by ikki1349 on Mar 19, 2018, 1:14:19 AM
"

6. You have 4.94% chance to get the "Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently".
Cf : http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=enchantment&an=boots

jesus, got penetration and chaos damage multiple times, but never regen
lab, here i go again

anyway, thanks a lot for a full answer

fast question about RF
as far as i see it's not affected by spell damage?
then what's the point of the quality?
Per 1% Quality: 1% increased Spell Damage
and is there any point of getting a lvl 21 gem?
my pob shows that the only thing that changes is radius and it's the same on 20 and 21

is this belt good enough for league or should i look for a one with +str?
Last edited by Lelurium on Mar 18, 2018, 12:58:44 PM
would any1 advise if i use the watchers eye with 30% es regenerat for example cyclopean coilion, i could drop the belt or switch some nodes in the tree or is it just some really good extra boost? (also is it far inferiour to the mana to es one, since i could afford it but dont wanna spens that much kinda)

also any suggesttion for more good jewel stats than the ones zzang is using? cant find any 4 stat ones
Last edited by doChl on Mar 19, 2018, 8:32:36 AM
What Ascendancy class and passive skills u guys using :) ? Guardian best?
Last edited by Moyahz on Mar 19, 2018, 3:22:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info