[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

Just got to mapping with this on HC, any way to toughen it up? I feel a little squishy but I don't have all of the recommended gear yet, just trying to cap resist. Are there items I should switch out to stay safer or what of the items that are listed should I be going for first? Kaom's? It's all pretty expensive but I'd at least know how to get to late game maps, I'm so squishy in just first and second tier.

Also, what map affixes do I need to avoid? I'm pretty new to the game, just trying to figure it out as I go. I'm digging the build though for sure.
Beastiary SC Current Setup:

I've been swapping Ancestral for Ruthless for Bosses.
I've done all content except for Uber Elder/ Uber Atziri

Currently working on boot/ring upgrades as well as shooting for 94 to add 2 jewels.

My main source of income has been selling completion spots for High Tier bosses, killing shapers/elders.

Also, selling high tier maps has been EXTREMELY lucrative this league and funded alot of my build.
Last edited by CrewDog88 on Mar 20, 2018, 10:59:22 PM
"
Kosyne13 wrote:
WOW THIS BUILD IS AMAZING I LOVE THE ONI GAROSHI

IT'S NOT THAT GREAT, AND YOU DEGEN TOO. CAPS ARE FUN.
"
kingoflimbs wrote:
"
Crits from elemental damage are a 100% proc, and seeing as how ignite is the only elemental status that doesn't have a minimum damage proc to activate and I'm not sure but I think the proc of non-crit with yoke will scale off your chance to proc of said element.

Not 100% on this mechanic with yoke, but short story is since ignite can proc with no minimum damage threshold, it will proc shock at (70-80) the same rate as ignite.

This is also reflected on PoB calculations.

Mouse over the chance to shock in PoB calculations and it will tell you the maximum life pool an enemy can have before shock is no longer applied.

Yoke just allows your other elements the ability to shock. The rest of shocks mechanic still apply though. So even though with yoke you are now capable of applying shock with fire damage you still need said fire damage to be hitting for a minimum 0.2% of an enemies max life per hit. Molten Strikes elemental damage per hit is just nowhere near high enough to apply any meaningful damage increase with shock.

I would really recommend running a different amulet to Yoke when doing any sort of end game boss content. You won't get the shock benefits and without shock Yoke is fairly mediocre.

I can concur with that outlook in that aspect. I have done a lot of endgame bosses, but none with a shock build so my experience in said matter is lacking.
"
"
Kosyne13 wrote:

In fact, it is great - a perfect starter build, Shaper-viable with good gear.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 21, 2018, 9:58:18 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
"
Kosyne13 wrote:

In fact, it is great - a perfect starter build, Shaper-viable with good gear.

I know it is. But there are better things to play, so why play it is the question I came to asking when I ditched it. It's just kind of bad. And Tectonic Strike? Ha, no.
"

I know it is. But there are better things to play, so why play it is the question I came to asking when I ditched it. It's just kind of bad. And Tectonic Strike? Ha, no.

As a league starter it's perfect - and depending on your objectives, it might be the only toon you roll. For example, if you just want to run labs, this toon fits the bill.

There are, however, much more powerful, tanky, fast clear-speed builds - so you might want a different toon - or two - long term. Meanwhile, Oni can be used to build up funds for your 2nd toon.
==
Re Tectonic Strike - I never used that. Wild Strike is really good for clear speed and Molten Strike is excellent for bosses. I never had any desire to use TS.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 21, 2018, 2:08:13 PM
The sword speaks pretty cool. It has a unique mechanic pretty cool. its offmeta pretty cool. Im now lvl 87 using what I have found and up to T10 maps. I havent even taken a damn sweat. total deaths at 39 which is mostly all from levelup. I think I have died like 3-4 times in maps.

It does tons of damage and to be friggin honest all these multimillion builds arent catering to the masses. They are for the niche gang that know all and can spend huge amount of times on the game.

This spec is totally viable for most of anything especially for a more casual gamer.

That being said I will probably farm currency as crazy with this build and then later on in the league when I got currency build something more advanced and expensive
Last edited by Tsteken on Mar 21, 2018, 4:08:34 PM
"
The sword speaks pretty cool. It has a unique mechanic pretty cool. its offmeta pretty cool. Im now lvl 87 using what I have found and up to T10 maps. I havent even taken a damn sweat. total deaths at 39 which is mostly all from levelup. I think I have died like 3-4 times in maps.

It does tons of damage and to be friggin honest all these multimillion builds arent catering to the masses. They are for the niche gang that know all and can spend huge amount of times on the game.

This spec is totally viable for most of anything especially for a more casual gamer.

That being said I will probably farm currency as crazy with this build and then later on in the league when I got currency build something more advanced and expensive

What good and semi-expensive build do you recommend? Capable of clear 99,9% of content :) I have something like 50ex (in Standard) and a few good uniques, like two The Taming etc
Hello,

Very fun build and endgame viable (clear all guardians and shaper)
Just Chaos mobs are very difficult (with full Shakari and Araakali). how do you do with Chaos (Chaos Snake at Chimare = One shot ...)

Thanks for your help :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info