[3.3] All Uniques Whispering Ice - 2ex Total (All Content, Shaper/Elder Deathless)

My dex is currently higher than my str and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get more strength from. Could anyone help me please?
"
My dex is currently higher than my str and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get more strength from. Could anyone help me please?

you haven't spec'd into primal spirit yet, once you do you should be fine.
Last edited by Barzhal on Apr 6, 2018, 12:41:00 PM
So...Uber Elder...

Tried the fight twice today with the build. Neither went well. The build has enough DPS to do the fight, but logistically since we have to stand still to channel and ramp our damage, it's a huge disadvantage in this fight. You constantly have to move whether it's to dodge shaper balls, elder spikes, kill adds that spawn, shaper beam...it just doesn't end. You can't stop moving long enough to lay down enough damage. I ended up dying pretty much every time I tried to channel longer than a second or two. The fight gets out of hand pretty fast too if you let eldrich decay spawn. Uber elder may be possible with this build, but at least for me, I would need a lot more practice. If anyone running the build is successful, I'd love to hear about it.
"
Barzhal wrote:
"

you haven't spec'd into primal spirit yet, once you do you should be fine.

Ah ok, didn't see that node way down there, thank you.
hi so im playing this build, its great btw but i have no idea how you have so much tooltip damage am i doing something wrong? if you could check my char name is FallingBladez thanks !! :)
"
SoLyrical wrote:
hi so im playing this build, its great btw but i have no idea how you have so much tooltip damage am i doing something wrong? if you could check my char name is FallingBladez thanks !! :)

Keep in mind the 16k tooltip is with conc. effect (swap with spell cascade), ele overload, and arcane surge proc.

Things you could do to improve your dps:

- used a blessed orb on that shavs, 5% is the lowest implicit roll
- upgrade your fertile mind jewels for ones with more int
- upgrade your non-required jewels to include damage rolls - the ones you have aren't bad, but there are better rolled ones although probably more expensive
- swap out vitality with anger, though it's at the expense of sustain

just my thoughts, gl
Last edited by Barzhal on Apr 14, 2018, 10:56:01 PM
Loving the build so far! im still travelling through the tree, heading for leech next, already got the jewel, since im going leech can i swap time of need for unwavering faith? or is that just a bad ideia?
Last edited by sevenpeter on Apr 19, 2018, 5:36:22 AM
bump
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but are Inya's not a better option, maybe with a swap for PCs for damage, or is the flat 30 from Sin Trek more damage in the end?

Edit: Tested it in PoB, you lose 7-800es but get about 1100 damage per hit.
̶A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶?̶ ̶P̶o̶B̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶3̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶y̶p̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶... I'm stupid, ascendancy gives them on hit.

Last edited by Tripartist1 on Apr 19, 2018, 9:13:32 PM
hey, thanks for this guide. always loved whispering ice, but hadn't touched it since 3.0 ES nerf. seeing it as a guardian changes it a lot, but it still works really well. i think i made a few minor tweaks on mine, but nothing major.

except the one i found today. i got a second whispering ice and socketed it with cwc-scorching ray-unearth-bodyswap with cold to fire and conc effect also in it but not linked. made mapping way more fun and a lot quicker. the dps is still great for general mapping, and swapping to my other whispering ice for bosses.

just wanted to add that in case anyone was interested in a way to map more efficiently.

also, i tested it with a few variations (firestorm in searing touch and poets with firestorm and poets with VD) this one seemed the best.

edit: so i made an incorrect assumption somewhere, when i grabbed a timer i was actually much faster with 2x poets pens. volatile seems a bit better than firestorm but it's probably a matter of preference.
Last edited by burninbeard on Apr 26, 2018, 11:46:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info