[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

Nice build.

I have two questions:

- Why Detonate Dead is not usefull instead Cremation? Total DPS from Detonate Dead seems more effective.

- Why in tree not used Fire Damage nodes (Explosive Impact & Heart of Flame)?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.3/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqC2EMUg5ID8QQWBEtEZYWvxhdGjgagRzcJpUnLyoLKo0snC0fMtE1kjbYOlg62DrhO3w8BTwtPV9BlkVHRXxFnUkbSVFMs1F0UlNTUlVLVcZd8mHiZlRo8mpDcFJ8g3_GgpuDX4PMg9uFe4dlidOLjIw2jxqP-pBVkm6VIJUul5WXl5f0mjua4Jx7n9-iAKKjplemmai5rJit8a6zr2y0OLc-uMq5k7xWvOrAZsCawfPDCcau0B_Q9dJ81abYvdn85Rnr7uv17DjsVe087WHvfO_r8B_w1fFs8h3yRfnd-_X-Cv6P?accountName=RGWxXPOPXx&characterName=Sleepy_VD_Poet

With all the flask and charges, my dps goes up to about 40k, which is fairly low?
Need suggestions on how to increase damage 0.0
This build was guideline for mine "variant" so ill post here:
did all content and challenges with this, super fun build to run (last time i had this much fun was immortal golems in Legacy). Ended up with some variants but tbh did not try much of combinations:

Slammed evasion and mana on those rings so pretty meh but rng is rng after all. Highly recommend this build or variants of it.

Also:
"
Markuchi wrote:
"
Gaidin85 wrote:
"
Markuchi wrote:
If you use any other spells apart from VD and unearth you are gimping the damage output.
Essentially either VD or Unearth will be skipped due to the 3rd spell being triggered.
For max damage you need to scale VD and unearth only. Unearth scales by increasing the corpse life which is done using empower. The explosions do as much damage as the balls so for bosses you want to be aiming at their feet for the most amount of damage output.
Bodyswap might be ok if you are just clearing maps and dont care about single target damage.

How much more dmg does this give you vs using something like culling strike though? I like the curse on hit setup for my frenzy attack so I cannot fit culling in there as you did.

I dont think Culling strike is worth it unless you really have a free socket.
I guess Inquisitor has issues with mana leech so you need that curse?
To help with mana leech you could get the enchant on the boots?

Corpse health at lv85 is around 23k and at lv87 around 26.3k based on the experiment here
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7r0wun/unearth_experimentation_level_91_corpses_have/

You can put these figures into PoB to figure out the increase in damage output for you.
With Berzerker I have native leech, can fit culling strike into frenzy and still use empower with unearth. really the only way to scale unearth is empower unless someone else has a better idea.

Im about 1.9mil dps and more than half of that is VD explosions not the balls, this is while wearing biscos. If I put in my damage amulet its about 2.2mil dps.

Did they changed max level of possible corpses on instances? If not scaling desecrate or unearth beyond max level (what you do with empower) is just a waste. Lev 21 + 3 levs from pen should be max that you can spawn on t16. Also loled at that 3 mil dps, my gear is mediocre but yours is even worst, pob numbers are just bad joke.

This is by GGG Staff:
In a level 65 zone, desecrate can't make corpses above level 65. If you make those spectres, they're spectres from level 65 corpses, and can't scale above that level.

cheers
Last edited by seruch on Jan 26, 2018, 4:22:45 AM
"
seruch wrote:

Did they changed max level of possible corpses on instances? If not scaling desecrate or unearth beyond max level (what you do with empower) is just a waste. Lev 21 + 3 levs from pen should be max that you can spawn on t16. Also loled at that 3 mil dps, my gear is mediocre but yours is even worst, pob numbers are just bad joke.

This is by GGG Staff:
In a level 65 zone, desecrate can't make corpses above level 65. If you make those spectres, they're spectres from level 65 corpses, and can't scale above that level.

cheers

We are not raising spectres. Unearth isn't bound by the level of the instance.
Where did anyone say 3 mil dps?
One more time because seem like you ignore it:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

In a level 65 zone, desecrate can't make corpses above level 65. Where you did get revelation about unearth having no level cap of corpses? Corpse is corpse no matter what you did with it later on in instance : blow it up or rise spectre from it. If im wrong correct me because what Mark wrote about desecrate is pretty simple.

oooh yea and you said 2 mil , that is just little less funny that 3mil, still dumb af PoB warrior shittalk i see here.
Last edited by seruch on Jan 27, 2018, 5:54:27 AM
Have a few questions about build :
1. Where do we get our mana leech ?
2. Which Skills are best for our Pen's ? Have seen a lot of variations during scanning all pages of this topic.

Thanks.
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Hello,your build is great very nice work!

I just wanted to ask how much is the damage difference between "+40% volatile dead damage" head enchant and "+1 volatile dead corpse" enchant?(for bossing)

Can someone elaborate cause i dont have money for jewel and starkojna with enchant and trying to find a way!

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Kenchanito on Jan 27, 2018, 1:13:59 PM
This was covered many times in this very thread.
+1 VD explosion is effectively 33.33% more damage (4 balls instead of 3 per "cast").

40% increased damage is just "increased" which is inferior to "more". I have 257% increased damage according to PoB at lvl 89. With extra 40% increased i would have 297% increased damage. So instead of "X times 3.57" I would be dealing "X times 3.97". 3.97/3.57 is only 11.2% "more" damage. So it's 33.33% more vs. 11.2% more. So the first one is like 3 times better.

Still 11% more is 11% more. Not a bad budget option until you can afford the ultimate one (I cannot yet).
Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on Jan 27, 2018, 5:42:02 PM
Thank you very much for the answer and sorry for bringing it up again! :)
Fun build, alot of changes can be made and it feels really good.

I used the vitality / anger jewel to get more life regen / damage. I have about 540hp/sec and 1200'ish with a sulphur flask. I could probably reach much more than this easily if I was to give up damage, but I dont feel like I need it.

I also took down shaper this weekend and I can kill every guardians without having to switch out my bodyswap.

It's fun and ill probably get it to 100 before the nd of the league (:

Last edited by kj165 on Jan 31, 2018, 12:07:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info