[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
I've been playing this character and I can't seem to reach its full potential. I feel like everything one-shots me and I have to run away from the bosses constantly or I get one-shot. I even have to run away from mobs or they instantly kill me. I have 6.8k effective health and maxed out resistances but I still feel so squishy. I can clear up to tier 12 maps but anything past that I risk getting one hit by everything. Here's my PoB, any help would be appreciated. Thank you
https://pastebin.com/UDkCK5aZ

hm that kind of sounds normal for me with a dps build? you kill it before it kills you. if i only stand still for 0.2 seconds in an enemy group, i die, with 7.2k hp. thats normal with nearly no defense except for life
Great Build so far, makes a lot of fun using it!
My only Question, why have you skilled "Whispers of Doom" for an additional Curse?
The only one I can find is "Assassin's Mark", or am I missing something?
"
Great Build so far, makes a lot of fun using it!
My only Question, why have you skilled "Whispers of Doom" for an additional Curse?
The only one I can find is "Assassin's Mark", or am I missing something?

Warlord's mark for mana/life leech.
i am just enterring maps with this build and really liking it. i do have a question that i can't get answered that simple:

in a different build i read that the attack time should be faster than the cooldown time for the poet's pen skills. but since we use 2 poet's pens can our attack time (attacks per second) be half of the cooldown time for poet's pen?

i was just over the cooldown time with my attack speed, after removing some jewels im at .26 seconds per attack. poet's pen cooldown is .25seconds and i feel like i have better dps with the lower attack speed.

has anyone else experienced the same? or can i go back to faster attacks?

thx.
Bongo
"
Rake7 wrote:

can´t be better. because there are just no "perfect" rolled ones. I'm searching since a week for attack speed, flat damage 20+, crit multi, 36+ life. Not even one offer the entire week. The old jewels are very rare too, but at least there are some. And very good rolled 3 stat jewels are good too.

But Abyss jewels with 2-3x flat Damage + life are pretty cheap and can be a good start.

Noted. Still running abyss jewels at the moment but also noticed the old ones are stronger. I was thinking abyss jewels with flat damage, life, and onslaught (to push APS) could be useful abut really it's cause i'm running lightpoacher.

Is anyone else also running lightpoacher btw?

Changed the build a bit to optimize mapping since i already finished shaper. The build is really excellent but i want to go faster. Not sure about the right direction to go but i dropped warlord's mark and T14s are still a breeze.

here's my gear
Last edited by Polunarch on Jan 10, 2018, 1:40:40 AM
"
bongo86 wrote:
i am just enterring maps with this build and really liking it. i do have a question that i can't get answered that simple:

in a different build i read that the attack time should be faster than the cooldown time for the poet's pen skills. but since we use 2 poet's pens can our attack time (attacks per second) be half of the cooldown time for poet's pen?

i was just over the cooldown time with my attack speed, after removing some jewels im at .26 seconds per attack. poet's pen cooldown is .25seconds and i feel like i have better dps with the lower attack speed.

has anyone else experienced the same? or can i go back to faster attacks?

thx.
Bongo

I recommend Cooldown Recovery 20%, 10% on the boots and 10% on the belt (minimum). This way you will improve your APS. If you can get Elder gloves with Attack speed and the gem Faster attack, it would contribute even more to your APS. Having 5 + APS with frenzy charge is perfect. There are many people who say they have had more than 5 APS but I really do not know how necessary it is.

"
Polunarch wrote:
"
Rake7 wrote:

can´t be better. because there are just no "perfect" rolled ones. I'm searching since a week for attack speed, flat damage 20+, crit multi, 36+ life. Not even one offer the entire week. The old jewels are very rare too, but at least there are some. And very good rolled 3 stat jewels are good too.

But Abyss jewels with 2-3x flat Damage + life are pretty cheap and can be a good start.

Noted. Still running abyss jewels at the moment but also noticed the old ones are stronger. I was thinking abyss jewels with flat damage, life, and onslaught (to push APS) could be useful abut really it's cause i'm running lightpoacher.

Is anyone else also running lightpoacher btw?

Changed the build a bit to optimize mapping since i already finished shaper. The build is really excellent but i want to go faster. Not sure about the right direction to go but i dropped warlord's mark and T14s are still a breeze.

here's my gear

This very well, the build can adapt to clear speed mf. Gj
I yolo'd vaal'd a pen that dropped for me yesterday.

Just now starting this build and really enjoying it. Thanks for the build guide.
What do you guys think about Mind over Matter? Originally i was self cast DD/VD Inquisitor and i took MoM. When i transitioned to Poet's Pen i didn't really question whether it should be in the build or not. I have 6.5k Health and 1.5k unreserved Mana so it definitely gives me alot of eHP.

But i wonder if going full life would be better. Do you have any experience with swapping between MoM/non-MoM versions ?
"
Voisard wrote:
"
Voisard wrote:
Hey, first thanks for the build idea . Since im playing this in hc, i've went with a MoM variant .

What i would like to understand is, why choose inc crit support . Since im Inquisitor .. And if PoB is correct.. Having VD + Elemental Focus + Conc Effect, it nets me almost 25% the dps than if i'd go and sub out Conc or Ele focus out , for Inc Crit support .

For the curious out there, here's the PoB link : https://pastebin.com/eq5QtHCP

I'm also going for the double curse as we're speaking, already have a crafted ring with Warlord's mark on hit ready to go. Don't think im gonna spend 12ex on Watcher's Eye, as Mokou's + Eye of Innocence leeches more than enough, and i'll be adding the notable Whispers of Doom , for Warlord's Mark on hit and a Assasin's CoH setup . Note that i run Unearth + Gmp + Culling Strike / Swapping out Culling for Cremation on bosses / On 1 Wand . Don't trust Bodyswap in hc. For obvious reasons .
Also waiting for a Starkonja's +1 VD enchant to pop up :P

Thanks for helping me out.

Anyone could follow up to this ?
Thanks

you can link helmet enchant, I can buy poe trade
Hi smelcami, thanks for the guide!

These are my items, some suggestions for improvement? Im a lvl 91 Scion Ascendant. Im leveling the 20% quality gems yet. Im with 6.8k life and around 33k Volatile Dead DPS. Im with 4.13 Frenzy APS unbuffed.

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by EFazzaD on Jan 11, 2018, 1:43:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info