[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
You have a 0.25s cd on each spell socketed in PP (because no ICR)

With 7 aps, here's what happens:

- each 0.14s, you're attacking with Frenzy. It costs you mana and if there's a spell off cooldown, it is triggered.

0.14s - trigger unearth and VD (no cast because no body)
0.28s - trigger nothing (because can't trigger before 0.14+0.25 = 0.39)
0.42s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)
0.56s - trigger nothing (because can't trigger before 0.42+0.25 = 0.67)
0.70s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)
0.84s - trigger nothing (because can't trigger before 0.7+0.25 = 0.95)
0.98s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)

So, your 7 APS allows you to cast exactly 4 times Poet's pens skills. What is worse is that you're casting 3 useless Frenzy which cost you mana. It can cause mana sustain problem.

Frenzy DPS isn't considerable. Only benefit would be for power charges on crit, but even at 4aps, you're still capping your power charges on each pack.

Long short, you're just loosing mana for a mere dps gain (with Frenzy). That means you could get other offensive stat (crit, spell damage, fire damage,...) to improve your VD damage instead of IAS.

Okay, it seems we don´t talk about the same thing

i aim 8 APS because it allows this:

0.14s - trigger unearth and VD (no cast because no body)
0.28s - trigger bodyswap
0.42s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)
0.56s - trigger bodyswap
0.70s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)
0.84s - trigger bodyswap
0.98s - trigger unearth and VD (cast)

without losing damage compared to a 4 APS Unearth+VD combination. Because like i posted before, with 4 APS and Bodyswap on bosses VD can´t do anything every second cast because of missing corpses.

To summarize. I just want to play fast - with bodyswap - even on bosses when possible. So i have to aim for 8 APS if i don´t want to lose to much VD damage compared to a 4 APS version. As soon as i get a culling Poet's Pen i will also try Unearth+Cremation+VD setup in my second weapon slot. That should get me a dps increase on bosses where i have to switch.

Another important Question for me:

What count as "hit" from our Setup? The frenzy hits for sure. Whats about unearth hits? VD corpse explosion? VD fireballs? I'm asking because of this jewels:

Does they make sense?
Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 5, 2018, 5:20:23 PM
Hey guys I started this build and it is so much fun, right now no enchanted helm or watchers eye because of the costs but maybe soon.

I would like to know what you think about this Amulet if it maybe with AM gives enough leech?
It feels quite good right now and the stats are quite nice.

hey man small update on my gear after trying your set up

now my question is are atziri's acuity worth it? i bought them cause the previous build guide i was looking at suggestd them as a high priority but i am not feeling it that much, if i sell them i can buy some good stuff even a +1 vs helmet, but if they are worth it i'll keep them.

What's your opinion on them?

PS i am berserker not inq.
Last edited by burned20022003 on Jan 5, 2018, 6:51:12 PM
Prolly already been stated; for inquisotor power charge generation:

Just use power syphon LMP while map clearing. You'll never run out of power charges.
There's also a +1 power ammy that's +100% power charge duration, but you loose a lot of res/life to use it.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I'm thinking about to use Berserker, by doing so we may be able to remove the expensive Watcher's Eye, which is 14 EX atm. (bull shit...) What do you guys think?

And my next question is, should we pick VP?

just made a passive tree in pob, as below. please give your opinion. Thanks.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAECABzc-F9f0CGQQYfAGjpYjDaPGiQ3apOYV8MzvOpqQ7XyWho1kgHc8NWio9Nv0PUqC03jBS3AZkMxd-M9_FXGD8QOSCycuJO9NoLH8B-VIBbpjM_v64nTXz9OKio47w464QSzPV_yRdi9_o8tH0yzdO2mV66zBULqEAQHvqfawSaVFr9Hfr8IWGPr9VVL_gp_xmHiGbSXlYTZXfKD2y5TuMryHY_6wwm5k3loES0RljLRBx6VLklRcFJvO1F0wQRBlmVN-ej2SEz_GoE7fNAfeA0UIKIAPAXvfEVHUlPG2Cj6fIO3PsHzppkI9OvuqW4=

"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
I'm thinking about to use Berserker, by doing so we may be able to remove the expensive Watcher's Eye, which is 14 EX atm. (bull shit...)
[/spoiler]

Oh please! Did you killed Elder? You farm him? If not than dont say that price of this gem is bullshit.
"
Rake7 wrote:
Okay, it seems we don´t talk about the same thing

i aim 8 APS because it allows this:

without losing damage compared to a 4 APS Unearth+VD combination. Because like i posted before, with 4 APS and Bodyswap on bosses VD can´t do anything every second cast because of missing corpses.

To summarize. I just want to play fast - with bodyswap - even on bosses when possible. So i have to aim for 8 APS if i don´t want to lose to much VD damage compared to a 4 APS version. As soon as i get a culling Poet's Pen i will also try Unearth+Cremation+VD setup in my second weapon slot. That should get me a dps increase on bosses where i have to switch.

Another important Question for me:

What count as "hit" from our Setup? The frenzy hits for sure. Whats about unearth hits? VD corpse explosion? VD fireballs? I'm asking because of this jewels:

Does they make sense?

It's ok if you're on 8aps. Being between 4 and 8 isn't useful at all, so you should aim at 8 only.

That jewel only works on ATTACKS hit. Frenzy is an attack. Volatile dead isn't, nor bodyswap is.
"

It's ok if you're on 8aps. Being between 4 and 8 isn't useful at all, so you should aim at 8 only.

That jewel only works on ATTACKS hit. Frenzy is an attack. Volatile dead isn't, nor bodyswap is.

Currently i'm below 8 APS because of this bug:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2047480/page/1

As soon as its fixed i can go to 7.99 APS

And thx for the answer. So the Jewel isn´t worth it.

this is my setup, what should be my next step in upgrade?
Hey, first thanks for the build idea . Since im playing this in hc, i've went with a MoM variant .

What i would like to understand is, why choose inc crit support . Since im Inquisitor .. And if PoB is correct.. Having VD + Elemental Focus + Conc Effect, it nets me almost 25% the dps than if i'd go and sub out Conc or Ele focus out , for Inc Crit support .

For the curious out there, here's the PoB link : https://pastebin.com/eq5QtHCP

I'm also going for the double curse as we're speaking, already have a crafted ring with Warlord's mark on hit ready to go. Don't think im gonna spend 12ex on Watcher's Eye, as Mokou's + Eye of Innocence leeches more than enough, and i'll be adding the notable Whispers of Doom , for Warlord's Mark on hit and a Assasin's CoH setup . Note that i run Unearth + Gmp + Culling Strike / Swapping out Culling for Cremation on bosses / On 1 Wand . Don't trust Bodyswap in hc. For obvious reasons .
Also waiting for a Starkonja's +1 VD enchant to pop up :P

Thanks for helping me out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info