[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

Hi @Ghazzy,

Wow, much thanks for taking a look and the detailed reply! Appreciate your time.

Thanks for picking up on the Spell Cascade/Spell Echo bit. The Pledge of Hands was a last minute 'ah-ha' moment, and I forgot to count the corpses generation vs. disposal of. You are right, the Spell Cascade doesn't make sense anymore.

I've tried my 'build' for a bit (only lvl 33 atm, and that took me half a week) but you're right, clearing is slow because I have to place Totem first. Haven't even gotten the Ascendency for Totem Taunt, so I don't know how well it would work as a distraction/survival mechanism.

As Spell Gems, damage is also pretty low atm, so it's an extra pain to level. Plus the VD orbs are pretty slow... I've asked on Discord, and apparently there isn't any way to make them move faster?

Thanks again for the feedback. On paper, a few hundred Ks of damage at range with a Taunting Totem looks attractive to me (as a noob) but I don't know how to make it less... unwieldy?

"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
eskeemoo wrote:
Hi @Ghazzy,

First off, I'm a n00b. And have been waiting for your guide to come out. :P

When I saw the new gems, I was pretty hyped because base damage looks so awesome, but I didn't see any VD builds until recently, and not many has the same concept as what I had in mind. (use of Totems to be a little safer?)

Now, I've imported your PoB link, and I've compared with my mock-up that I played around with (Chieftain - for Totem Taunt mostly, but also +Fire Dmg, +Life Regen and Leech), but my numbers seems outrageous. Did I key in something wrong?

I'm not sure if you have the time, but could you comment on my theorybuild?

https://pastebin.com/w4sVajaJ

Edit: I just remembered your PoB showed some gems not max levelled, is that why?

Also, for clarity, I'm not trying to push my build. I'm a noob and takes me a few weeks to level, especially without a guide.

If you think it's worthwhile, it would be awesome if you could flesh it out and write a build for it. I'd be really happy to try it out

Hey,

The underlvld gems in PoB is a miss from my end, though lvl 19 vs lvl 20 on a few gems doesn't matter. The PoB is to show the general setup & some alrightish gear.

Using both Spell Echo & Spell Cascade on your VD is rather wasted, even more so with Faster Casting as well. Spell Echo means you consume up to 6 balls (1-3 * 2), Cascade uses the spell 2 more times which means 3 consecutive hits, which is 6 * 3 = 12 balls without helmet enchant, this means that you will very rarely have that many corpses available and therefor are losing effective DPS from your VDs. Since you decided on using a Pledge, I'd recommend not using Cascade, and remove faster casting as it is completely useless with a lvl 30 Spell Echo (even a normal Spell Echo would prompt the removal of faster casting due to diminishing returns at higher cast (or atk) speed).
The next problem you'll encounter here is the fact that you want to ignite thanks to your ascendancy choice, at the same time as Elemental Focus being one of the best dmg modifying support gems for the build.

Since you're not going crit it causes problems in deciding which support gem would actually fit the best which means you are most likely falling back on the faster casting which means there's a fundamental problem in the build from the start, however, removing Pledge of Hands going with another option would allow for spell echo to be linked, though that causes problems on your eHP front.
Choice is yours :P

With the specific uniques you've listed & the tree I reckon you can reach around 6k actual life which means that you'll have a 30% MoM effect + potential additional 3% "recently" after being hit which means you need these mana numbers eventually:

30% MoM => 6000 * 0.428 = 2568 (eHP = 8568)
33% MoM => 6000 * 0.492 = 2952 (eHP = 8952)
These numbers are good numbers imo.

Personally I don't think the class is right for VD, I see a lot of problems when lacking corpses since you need to summon a totem that then summons corpses and that takes time from the process of you summoning balls from the generated corpses before your dmg is actually applied when the summoned balls hits the enemies.

The main reason this & the elementalist version I made feels squishy is because of the delayed application of your actual DMG which is why I have solutions to counter that issue, your version does not.

I'm all for testing out new things, and honestly you should test your version out and tweak accordingly when you run in to issues, that's how I do most of my builds! But you asked for my opinion, there it is :)
Heya.. I've been following the build and i'm loving it so far. Just a small question. Is it posibble to use carcass jack or any other uniques/rares instead of cloak? im playing in sc btw.. thanks in advance
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Noted from another comment as well, this was fixed as of this response!
My bad!

Thks ;)
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
"
atok823 wrote:
Heya.. I've been following the build and i'm loving it so far. Just a small question. Is it posibble to use carcass jack or any other uniques/rares instead of cloak? im playing in sc btw.. thanks in advance

I am on softcore doing this build and I am using a 6 link Carcass Jack. Not sure if there is a better option right now unless I get a godly 6 link shaper/elder chest with extra links or something.
What are the gem priorities for a 5L? Remove critical damage or controlled destruction?
Hi everyone and thanks for an awesome build Ghazzy!

I have a budget of 130 c and I have Nycta's lantern ready. Should I buy a 6l with life + resists (around 85-100 c) or should I buy a cloak of defiance + the managems and just use the Nycta's?

br.

Crypt
"
zz9za wrote:
On Abyss gloves with the warlord's mark are currently about 40c. While leveling would it be better to run like a blasphemy-WM instead of twin heralds?

Twin Heralds are optimal for lvling imo till you get it going :)

------------

@Eskeemoo:

My pleasure bro, I do what I can!

Correct, there is no way of increasing their travel speed.
I really don't think the ascendancy choice you made is good for the build, sorting stated issues will be tricky but doable but will still result in a "soso" end-game result.

"
atok823 wrote:

Hey,

Absolutely, you'll lose some pretty damn good eHP but you can use items that would increase your DMG output such as Carcass Jack, Skin of the Loyal, +1 corrupted Tabula Rasa, +1 gem lvl shaper/Elder item etc etc.

"
najo wrote:
What are the gem priorities for a 5L? Remove critical damage or controlled destruction?

The gems are listed in order of efficiency in the guide :)

"
cryptarch wrote:
Hi everyone and thanks for an awesome build Ghazzy!

I have a budget of 130 c and I have Nycta's lantern ready. Should I buy a 6l with life + resists (around 85-100 c) or should I buy a cloak of defiance + the managems and just use the Nycta's?

br.

Crypt

Hey,

Cheers!
CoD = Hardcore preferable choice, gives tons of eHP
+1 chests (skin, elder/shaper, corrupted tabula), Carcass Jack = Softcore, less eHP more dmg.

I would prio that before changing Nycta cause it's so damn good for this build :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I would recommend, for those people who want a ton more Damage, with a similar Survivability, to try out my Staff variation. The tree is easy adjustable, can cap out on crit and is selfsustaining in power charges.

https://pastebin.com/0UtbdedY

Main Changes:

No grand Spectrum, but you can if you want

Running Anger with Essence Worm
Since no mana Reserved, one Clear mind is used in a Jewel socket

5/6link Elder Staff with Power charge on crit Support
+2 Fire Gems
Critbase

Corrupted Amulet with damage gained as mana (to counteract the mana loss)
Rallying Cry occasionly if you want

I took the Global Crit nodes with a Staff (up to Serpent Stance)
Used a Intuitive Leap on the left side from the Templar start area, to save some points

I use Spell Echo instead of Spell Cascade

I use spell Totem + Desecrate instead of unearth. Somehow it costs only one Charge, to set up the Totem and then it casts Desecrate without spending them for its duration.

Shaper Chest with at least +0,9 to spell crit chance (this is BASE crit chance)

I do not use Starkonias. I use a Elder Helmet with T1 Fire Damage to Spells, life and resists. You can also use Hrimnor's Resolve, which brings the same damage to the Table, with less life and just Cold resist, but cannot be Frozen after casting a Fire skill, which is handy

For movement i use Bodyswap. Leap slam is too slow and for triggering Instruments of Virtue i use Charged Dash (one short click to activate the Buff, but i rarely use it).

This Build is capable of Triple the Damage, even more, but you lose shield charge, and some eHP. Because of this, you have to play with more focus. Especially with bodyswap, you have to place Desecrate in the right direction, to get out of tough situations. I do not play Hardcore, but so far, i would not recommend it ^^

Check out my Char DeadBallTeaBag for my actual Gear and tree

Credits to Ghazzy for his awesome Build, which was my Inspiration for this :)
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Last edited by Nurbel on Dec 29, 2017, 1:50:44 PM
Thanks a lot for the speedy answer! Will buy a CoD and go damage later on!

br.

Crypt
@Nurbel:

<3

"
cryptarch wrote:
Thanks a lot for the speedy answer! Will buy a CoD and go damage later on!

br.

Crypt

Do so!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info