[3.1] [Budget-Friendly] Arcane's Name of The Fire - Molten Strike Slayer [Shaper Down!]

There is no reason to swap Ancestrall Call to Fire Pen. because if u master your positioning vs bosses you can actually triger Ancestral Call vs one target (it happens when you not actually hit boss with your attack but you hit it with AOE of molten strike hit). It will give you much more dps
Leveling at the moment, currently at 34. Is there a point where mana issues go away? Having to pop mana flasks an awful lot.
"
percydaman2 wrote:
Leveling at the moment, currently at 34. Is there a point where mana issues go away? Having to pop mana flasks an awful lot.

Once you get mana leech, it should be just alright.
"
Arcane225 wrote:
"
percydaman2 wrote:

Once you get mana leech, it should be just alright.

That didn't really help much. It was my fault. I was leveling up with a couple brightbeaks. Alot of fun but their eventual low damage and high attack speed meant I wasn't killing fast enough and using too much mana. It got fixed pronto when I changed to the axe.

You got a slight mistake on your tree,

Instead of getting all the Life Nodes near Constitution, it would be much better to spend 2 points for juggernaut and 2 points for Purity of Flesh.

If you exchange 4 x 5% (20%) maximum life nodes near constitution you get

22% maximum life, 24% armor, 12% chaos res, +10 strenght, +20 life recovery from flasks

Easily more valuable, even with just maximum life, not to mention other benefits(small ones, but still)
"
Feall93 wrote:

You got a slight mistake on your tree,

Instead of getting all the Life Nodes near Constitution, it would be much better to spend 2 points for juggernaut and 2 points for Purity of Flesh.

If you exchange 4 x 5% (20%) maximum life nodes near constitution you get

22% maximum life, 24% armor, 12% chaos res, +10 strenght, +20 life recovery from flasks

Easily more valuable, even with just maximum life, not to mention other benefits(small ones, but still)

I've said that somewhere in the thread. Yes it would be probably better to spend points on more life nodes, I just didn't update that.
Last edited by Arcane225 on Dec 23, 2017, 12:29:46 PM
It's possible, i glanced around and didn't see, but i might have just missed it.

Either way, currently level 89 and enjoying the build a lot,
Although, I do find myself starting to struggle a little around T12-T14 maps.

Perhaps you have any suggestions? Gear below.

Spoiler

I use Ancestral Protector on boots instead of Blood Magic for Uber Lab (Vaal Haste useless there, totem helps a little). Same with Forbidden Taste ( using normal eternal flask for maps). Gonna exchange the gloves into +life +fire/cold resist + phys dmg + attack speed when I hit haku7.

"
Feall93 wrote:
It's possible, i glanced around and didn't see, but i might have just missed it.

Either way, currently level 89 and enjoying the build a lot,
Although, I do find myself starting to struggle a little around T12-T14 maps.

Perhaps you have any suggestions? Gear below.

Spoiler

I use Ancestral Protector on boots instead of Blood Magic for Uber Lab (Vaal Haste useless there, totem helps a little). Same with Forbidden Taste ( using normal eternal flask for maps). Gonna exchange the gloves into +life +fire/cold resist + phys dmg + attack speed when I hit haku7.

The Gloves will help, once you change them, I'd also exchange the 1 ring you have for a better variant with life. Additionaly, you could try and look for a better Amulet Alternative (Rare) with Life, ele. dmg/high flat fire, phys DMG, additionally, you should look for accuracy and %Fire dmg.

Carnage Amulet is good, but it isn't suitable for end-game, for maximum efficiency, you want either god like Rare Amulet or Xoph's Blood.
Yes, im trying to farmup for Xoph's blood but it's going slow - especially since I burned over 200ch today, trying to craft perfect gloves (and failed at that). And also almost 300 fusings trying to get 6l. Failed as well =/.

Spoiler

Put new gloves, much nicer, altough far from perfect.

Also, I liked that ring so much ( big elem dmg boost + slight fire dmg ), and there was no "better" ring in dps terms on poe.trade under 3exa, i decided to burn exa and pray for +life.

I got +15 str, so i suppose i got some life from that xD.

In hindsight, not my brightest idea =/.

Also exchanged Hrimnir for Devoto's helm, since i got +molten strike damage form lab today(not as good as +3 projectiles, but better then nothing). Not to mention, the extra movement speed is really helpfull, as well as atk speed and extra dex(accuracy, which i am low on atm)

Ran T14 with 10 mods today ( i think 1 was multimod but w/e), and it was completely smooth, but a big part is the type of mob you are getting - those Kitava's Heralds can REALLY hurt.

Other then trying to farm enough for Xoph's im praying for 3x dmg + life (or 4x dmg) jewel from abyss, since again, they cost 3-4 exa's on POE.TRADE , and i will never get Xoph's if i buy 1-2 jewels for that much xD. Not to mention i dont HAVE that much after my failure at crafting.
"
Feall93 wrote:
Yes, im trying to farmup for Xoph's blood but it's going slow - especially since I burned over 200ch today, trying to craft perfect gloves (and failed at that). And also almost 300 fusings trying to get 6l. Failed as well =/.

Spoiler

Put new gloves, much nicer, altough far from perfect.

Also, I liked that ring so much ( big elem dmg boost + slight fire dmg ), and there was no "better" ring in dps terms on poe.trade under 3exa, i decided to burn exa and pray for +life.

I got +15 str, so i suppose i got some life from that xD.

In hindsight, not my brightest idea =/.

Also exchanged Hrimnir for Devoto's helm, since i got +molten strike damage form lab today(not as good as +3 projectiles, but better then nothing). Not to mention, the extra movement speed is really helpfull, as well as atk speed and extra dex(accuracy, which i am low on atm)

Ran T14 with 10 mods today ( i think 1 was multimod but w/e), and it was completely smooth, but a big part is the type of mob you are getting - those Kitava's Heralds can REALLY hurt.

Other then trying to farm enough for Xoph's im praying for 3x dmg + life (or 4x dmg) jewel from abyss, since again, they cost 3-4 exa's on POE.TRADE , and i will never get Xoph's if i buy 1-2 jewels for that much xD. Not to mention i dont HAVE that much after my failure at crafting.

Gloves are very nice, you could have taken projectile dmg ones, but that's not that important, yet again, you lost a portion of life when you changed your helmet for Devoto's - Devoto's isn't bad, I just prefer Hrimnor's - the ring is almost no change, you want at least 60hp, but yeah, these can be pretty expensive with the stats we are looking for, either way, it will need more exalts to get end-game gear.

PS: Heralds are overpowered fu*ks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info