[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Ammoconda wrote:
From what I can tell, it only has ~20% physical mitigation and ~20 block chance with ~5000 life, not even a lot of leech. Can this farm a fully buffed Izaro without issue?

You need to fight Argus/Izaro smart no matter what your build (You always hit & move over and over again, so as to avoid his big hit's) buy yes, this build can survive and beat Izaro with any combination of his buffs up & can easily survive all Lab traps and gauntlets in any Lab format, as we pass through them faster than they can trigger (via using the alt-slot weapons) to even cause us damage.

The build (without any buff up at all and no flasks active) has 30% Evade chance, 23% phys damage reduction, 31% block chance, 15% spell dodge, 8% spell block and resistances all easily capped 25% over what they need to be. If you then have just 3 of the 5 endurance charges up and flasks active, those numbers shoot up to 40% Evade chance, 71% phys damage mitigation, 49% block chance, 22% spell dodge & 15% spell block. Those are huge overall defensive mitigation & evasion numbers. Those numbers also don't factor in ANY defensive boosts to the build that you take with jewels you add to the tree, your belt, or any skill tree node selections you take past L85.
"
Hey, great guide - just curious how to get more life? I'm only level 70 but I'm barely over 4k.

I've been playing the game since 2014 and I've never personally played a build that had substantially more life than 4K at L70. Not with any character or their chosen ascendancy.

Most builds don't head past 5K life until their around L80-L85, unless they have incredibly decked out twink or high value gear on them, or it's a Spell Caster / Necro / BLS build that stacks nothing but strength on the tree.
"
nepa89 wrote:
i think uber was pretty easy. i have like 4,2k life and need some better gloves/rings.

Don't forget to upgrade your belt, too. Stygian Vise belts with Life/Str/Arm/2xRes/1 x Jewel Socket are very affordable now.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Mar 22, 2018, 6:56:44 PM
What am I doing wrong with running uber lab? I keep dying to traps.

So, short story, I suck at uber lab. I've always had to get carried. So, to overcome my complete hate of the labs, time to conquer it with this speed crusher. Easy right? Not for me.

I leveled this guy and finally decided to run uber lab today. Get run through three rooms fast. Have to get golden key. Uh oh, bunch of rolling pins in the way, but that shouldn't be a problem. Jump jump, click the switch...and dead. 5K life drained before I could jump to safety. OK, try again. Back to get golden key, jump jump, dead again. What the...these rollers slice through me like butter. There's barely any mitigation to their physical damage. Speed is great, but as soon as there's traps that slow you and tons of other traps doing physical damage...dead. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Maybe it's just today's lab which requires some finesse that I don't have. But still, the physical mitigation of this build is not so good.
Last edited by melkorien on Mar 23, 2018, 5:23:43 PM
"
melkorien wrote:

So, short story, I suck at uber lab. I've always had to get carried. So, to overcome my complete hate of the labs, time to conquer it with this speed crusher. Easy right? Not for me.

I leveled this guy and finally decided to run uber lab today. Get run through three rooms fast. Have to get golden key. Uh oh, bunch of rolling pins in the way, but that shouldn't be a problem. Jump jump, click the switch...and dead. 5K life drained before I could jump to safety. OK, try again. Back to get golden key, jump jump, dead again. What the...these rollers slice through me like butter. There's barely any mitigation to their physical damage. Speed is great, but as soon as there's traps that slow you and tons of other traps doing physical damage...dead. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Maybe it's just today's lab which requires some finesse that I don't have. But still, the physical mitigation of this build is not so good.

Your profile is set to private, so we have no ability to check your character over and see if you have actually geared yourself correctly and followed the build guide.

Long story short, the damage mitigation of this build is excellent and basically none of us have any issue stomping out multiple Uber Lab's a day, not even remotely coming close to dying.
I'm playing this build from start of the League on. I have every piece of gear i need with good rolls. I have jewels in the passive Tree with good stats (+ to STR, Dex, +dot, +phys dmg and so on). yet still i don`t get even close to the Numbers shows on the first Page. Am i missing something?
I get oneshotted by uber Lab boss. Normal Atziri is also very deadly.

I am even thinking about using Belly of the Beast, Hemophilia and Devoto's Devotion. But first i need 6L on belly.
"
SudelNuppe1 wrote:
I'm playing this build from start of the League on. I have every piece of gear i need with good rolls. I have jewels in the passive Tree with good stats (+ to STR, Dex, +dot, +phys dmg and so on). yet still i don`t get even close to the Numbers shows on the first Page. Am i missing something?
I get oneshotted by uber Lab boss. Normal Atziri is also very deadly.

I am even thinking about using Belly of the Beast, Hemophilia and Devoto's Devotion. But first i need 6L on belly.

Your profile is set to private, so we have no ability to check your character over and see if you have actually geared yourself correctly and followed the build guide.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
melkorien wrote:

Long story short, the damage mitigation of this build is excellent and basically none of us have any issue stomping out multiple Uber Lab's a day, not even remotely coming close to dying.

Profile is public now. I have followed the guide very closely. Appreciate any character and uber lab tips.
"
melkorien wrote:
Profile is public now. I have followed the guide very closely. Appreciate any character and uber lab tips.

You haven't taken the 4th ascendancy yet, you haven't selected the correct flasks to use, your missing at least 1 life leech node, your gem's are a bit janky but OK I guess. Your gloves need to have an additional stat roll crafted on to them (attack speed, armour, strength or a resistance would all be fine choices). Upgrade to a stygian vise belt when you get the chance too (You want life/strength/armour/2-resistances) and get a jewel for it with life + attack speed or armour/res/evasion.

That covers the basics without going in to any min-maxing discussion.

Also, do some reading in the POE wiki about how the Uber Lab actually works, as well as how the traps work too.

By the sound of it, the reason why you are dying is because your jumping into or through active traps with degen applying effects, then jumping in or through the lab traps. Lab traps like spikes/etc... are unlike anything else in the game because they hit you for a straight-up % of your life. The lab traps that have a glowing effect strip you of your flask charges and apply an greater damge taken effect. So what you need to do is hit and destroy the lab traps totems that have the glowing effects, then move past that area quickly and leap-slam past/through the big spike & other traps. That way you sustain flask and endurance charges through the traps, which will mitigate the spike damage taking a % of your life. This is also part and parcel of your problem, where you haven't taken an instant life flask, or flask that has at least 50% instant life regen - your getting killed with degen because you aren't regenerating your life quickly enough.

As for the playstyle, don't forget that you need to leap-slam an enemy or kill an enemy, then quickly fly through the lab traps - this keeps up your buffs and life regen (well, it will once you get the 4th ascendancy). Have a look at the example video in the build guide in the opening post of this build guide, from Nathan - he crushes the Uber Lab in 5min with L16 gems and garbage quality gear while his character is only at L70. Watch how he moves through all the different traps & never stops moving for a second.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Mar 24, 2018, 10:32:54 PM
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
melkorien wrote:

'deleted'
well, i am doing this build too, can you check if i'm missing something on this build vs my level atm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info