[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

I started with this build(ish) with dual obliteration but never was able to get hidden potential before I drifted off the build. That said, the generic damage nodes on tree powered my explosions from 65 to 78 or so. Then I found Inpulsa :p

Scion can use RF only very selectively so not really the build anymore. I used LT CwC Arc (5L) for initial pop and then looted. I tried also BV both with and without CwC ( too short range and squishy build so skipped using it ).

In the end went for something even more broken - poets pens crit VD :p

P.s. Atziris acuity is crazy, up only when it is useful and makes pathing much better.
Lvl 93, all guardians and shaper done(all with RF always on), will do uberelder, as soon as i spawn him. BV is the best variation of the build. Statsticks on offslot with cyclone fortify are just nuts. I even did a -12%max 18%ele reflect hydra(without rf on though). The mapping feels like setting the nfsu2 soundtrack on play.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Sep 10, 2018, 7:13:39 PM
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
Lvl 93, all guardians and shaper done(all with RF always on), will do uberelder, as soon as i spawn him. BV is the best variation of the build. Statsticks on offslot with cyclone fortify are just nuts. I even did a -12%max 18%ele reflect hydra(without rf on though). The mapping feels like setting the nfsu2 soundtrack on play.

Well done!
So BV should be displayed in the first page :D
I can see that by playing BV the clear is getting even more lazy than it was with DP.
I'm leveling slowly my Slayer but with a 2H sword as advised. Do you think i should also wait until mapping to go for BV?
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
"
Marrond wrote:
Hmmm, "ExtremelyCheap" in the title is Extremely Missleading. Getting specific blue rares is next to impossible without throwing thousands of Alts onto items (because surprise surprise, noone is selling blue items with any mentionworthy rolls). On top of that on 5-link single target damage seems to be rather abysmal without all the jewels - at 76 I can't kill Merc Izaro in timely fashion and leech is rather meh - it's ok to keep RF going, it's not nearly enough to keep HP topped up during boss fights... I wanted to try something new this league and I have to say I'm disappointed with the results. I'm scrapping this and shoving into "doesn't come online without TONS of investments" drawer. Good for farming Blood Aqueducts though...
It took me 1 ex worth of alts to craft almost every blue items on me, so it's nt that terrible, also farming uberlab easily, so idk what are you talking about rly.

Should probably specify - I've picked Slayer without Vaal Pact, with Dark Pact skill.

RF and DP damage without at least T2 HP rolls (and if going full blue, also T2 res rolls for resistances at minimum) and Essence helmet is rather unimpressive - to be clear, single target DPS was abysmal. Don't get me wrong - Obliteration does it's work, but without considerable currency investment you can't even pull off Hidden Potential (not enough resistances or HP - I ran with Experimenter's Bismuth Flask of Resistance that gave me 65% all ress for 7.9s to alleviate it until I can roll better items but still, didn't have enough DPS on DP to make it count). It's not a bad build, I'm just pointing out it's certainly not budget. Even though I've got Hidden potential at 23% for only 1c at day 1 (it was corrupted, still great deal). It was great to quickly farm few Tabulas (Aqueducts runs were really smooth) and get some currency but for around 30c I've build Bloodseeker BoR Champion that's currently clearing entire Atlas while face tanking it that has good enough Clear with Reave and absolutely demolishes each and any boss with Blade Flurry swap. That's actually BUDGET.

I will come back to this build later but again, it's just terrible to start IMHO as you hit a wall until you pour in enough currency to move it forward.

Again, for farming uber lab - lack of single target DPS without items. Any other Slayer build I can think of atm can just poop on Uber Izaro as soon as you get to maps. This one can't until it comes online (and that requires high level bases and rather expensive jewels) because damage is simply not there.

BV version you play probably doesn't suffer from these problems since BV doesn't need a goddamn HP to melt and doesn't eat away your HP as well. Plus stat sticks for the lulz
Last edited by Marrond on Sep 11, 2018, 5:33:15 AM
"
bastimars wrote:
"
Kek_is_love wrote:

Well done!
So BV should be displayed in the first page :D
I can see that by playing BV the clear is getting even more lazy than it was with DP.
I'm leveling slowly my Slayer but with a 2H sword as advised. Do you think i should also wait until mapping to go for BV?
Honestly, i don't know, i started league on this build and hidden potential is really expensive first 2 days(t1 rarity, kappa). I dropped a soul taker when i was about lvl 70 just before kitava, so, since i've been lvling as DW sunder, i did my merciless lab, sold the axe, bought and crafted decent gear for the build. If it's your 2nd build, just go lvl with Vaal blade vortex as soon as you can get it. Tabula and some leveling gear will get you to maps real fast.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!

Delve League kind of sucks for this build since fossils aren't useful, the good news is you can make some pretty great jewels for nothing.

Last edited by Reaven1911 on Sep 13, 2018, 4:22:57 AM
"
Kek_is_love wrote:

Yeah BV is terrific. Plus, the cleaning is even smoother.
I ran your build in POB and you almost reach 1M dmg with your boss set.

I think that you can optimise a bit your Skill Tree in the intelligence side:

Can't you do that instead? Saving 10 strengh and 10 int (or 20 int depending the pathing) and gaining 40% crit chance on spells.

Just a thought
Last edited by bastimars on Sep 15, 2018, 10:44:05 AM
For everyone's use - I went ahead and translated most of this into PoB. Of course putting in magic items is impossible... so you don't get full effect but you do get all three trees and the basic gearing. I also linked to this thread in the notes. Feel free to improve on it.
Link below:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/iBp8YZSR
"
tru2dgame wrote:

Woah I can see a huge difference between BV and DP. This is the POB I translated from Kek_is_love:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cWmPwjRW

I don't think you would get as many damages even with magic items. BTW you totally can put magic items in POB. Just "Craft item" and select magic in the "rarity" box.
Last edited by bastimars on Sep 17, 2018, 3:26:55 AM
"
bastimars wrote:
"
tru2dgame wrote:

Woah I can see a huge difference between BV and DP. This is the POB I translated from Kek_is_love:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cWmPwjRW

I don't think you would get as many damages even with magic items. BTW you totally can put magic items in POB. Just "Craft item" and select magic in the "rarity" box.

Hey thank you for your work translating the BV side. Now I can see exactly what everyone was talking about. It is definitely compelling enough to make me want to modify towards BV.

I am able to pillage any delve with RF but Single target is horrible with DP (at my level and magic items) I even tried some magma orb with one of the jewels and was working towards the third fireball. I have a gloomfang but even with this...it looks like BV would win out.

Much appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info