[3.0] 22k EHP Hybrid RF/SR Guardian - BOSS KILLER - Harbinger League - 1.25M DPS

Hi, could someone check out my Guardian?

I've been trying to play this build, but whenever I run maps higher than t12 I run into problems. Mostly, I run out of steam whenever I fight anything that doesn't melt instantly, because I can only barely maintain my ES with Time of Need if I'm not standing still for pantheon regen. My ES gets slowly whittled down until I'm forced to bail out. Coruscating Elixir and Vaal Discipline help a bit, but the former only works if I also have a health potion (sometimes I don't because I have to use them against chaos damage) and the latter isn't available in an Elder fight or if I simply already used it before a boss fight.

Any suggestions for longer fights? I've taken most of the regen nodes I can find, and it's pretty hard to keep my ES up at a safe level
"
Aevykin wrote:

I got to 19.7k modifying the stuff on PoB with your character. 20K is basically tops ES on temp with 100s of exalt invested. With the jewel now the highest EHP on temp is about 23-24k. On standard 26-27k. But personally I think investing more into life is better than getting a crazy amount of ES.

My guy has basically the best gear possible besides the jewel, and im sitting at 26k EHP. I think a 4.5k life pool is much better than a 3k life pool, helps a lot with chaos and chayula.

For general mappings and Chayula can't you just use Shav for better QOL? You lose a bit of ES but it's irrelevant when you have so much I think.

Also note that putting Watchers Eye in POB will result in a lower ES value than actual in game right now, since POB calculates it like Hierophant's mana to ES conversion, whereas the game calculates it like Guardian's mana to ES.
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

I've been trying to play this build, but whenever I run maps higher than t12 I run into problems. Mostly, I run out of steam whenever I fight anything that doesn't melt instantly, because I can only barely maintain my ES with Time of Need if I'm not standing still for pantheon regen. My ES gets slowly whittled down until I'm forced to bail out. Coruscating Elixir and Vaal Discipline help a bit, but the former only works if I also have a health potion (sometimes I don't because I have to use them against chaos damage) and the latter isn't available in an Elder fight or if I simply already used it before a boss fight.

Any suggestions for longer fights? I've taken most of the regen nodes I can find, and it's pretty hard to keep my ES up at a safe level

Your profile is set to private.

You can try with jewels that give regen while moving. I was using two of those at one point. They can go up to 1%.
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

The RotF nerf hit this build quite hard, I'm using a regular ruby flask, one or two regen while moving jewels and templar's regen start points. Once I get 21 purity and a better empower I'll try to unspec life regen.

"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

Your profile is set to private.

You can try with jewels that give regen while moving. I was using two of those at one point. They can go up to 1%.

Thanks! Put it on public now.

Still though: those jewels only work if you are moving, not when you're standing in place with Scorching Ray.

Do you think it's still worth using RotP? If I'm going to degen anyways without ruby flasks, maybe Saffell's Frame is better?

Also, I have about 10 exalts in the bank left: do you think a 6l chest would be better, or a Clarity +ES Watcher's Eye? The cheapest one goes for about 9 ex
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

Also, I have about 10 exalts in the bank left: do you think a 6l chest would be better, or a Clarity +ES Watcher's Eye? The cheapest one goes for about 9 ex

10ex is not enough for a %ES / Max Mana as ES Watchers Eye. I've been watching the market closely on these and they sell for 80-100ex on hardcore Abyss and most likely 100ex+ on softcore Abyss. There's only one on the market for (I might add absurdly priced) 170ex.

Looking at your gear the next thing to upgrade would most likely be the 6L, then youcan work on getting better rings, ideally Opals. Also, getting the two unique Emperor's jewels with % strength / attributes is a good upgrade that you're missing.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Dec 29, 2017, 3:48:54 PM
"
Aevykin wrote:
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

10ex is not enough for a %ES / Max Mana as ES Watchers Eye. I've been watching the market closely on these and they sell for 80-100ex on hardcore Abyss and most likely 100ex+ on softcore Abyss. There's only one on the market for (I might add absurdly priced) 170ex.

Looking at your gear the next thing to upgrade would most likely be the 6L, then youcan work on getting better rings, ideally Opals. Also, getting the two unique Emperor's jewels with % strength / attributes is a good upgrade that you're missing.

I found that you can get Watcher's Eyes that regen up to 2.5% ES/sec under Discipline, and they cost around 3 exalts if you don't mind the other mod being useless-- do you think it's worth it?
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

I found that you can get Watcher's Eyes that regen up to 2.5% ES/sec under Discipline, and they cost around 3 exalts if you don't mind the other mod being useless-- do you think it's worth it?

If you have some leftover currency sure. But I'd probably prioritize the other things I mentioned unless regen is still an issue.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Dec 30, 2017, 1:30:56 AM
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:
"
Aevykin wrote:
"
AntiXenophobe wrote:

You should think about such jewel in this way: Getting that Watcher's eye allows you to skip combat stamina and get another jewel slot instead with the extra stats from nodes leading to it and extra stats from eye itself. Is it worth 3ex for you? For me there is never enough points on the tree so its totally worth it.
Been playing this build for the past week and I have got to say it is one of the most disgustingly durable characters I have played.

Anyone know if this build is capable of completing HoGM? I'm unsure of that map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info