[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

Im not really a fan of kaom's boots, too much mvmt loss and no resist stack. Also prefer shield charge can spam and with +50% mvmt , clear speed is crazy and can quickly avoid danger/hairy situations.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Sorry for my newbie question but this is my first poe league and i'm French so not sure to understand everything even if you detailed it a lot.

At level 49, when i can use the mantle, i have to use the final gem setup and remove all the leveling gem setup?

I'd like to thank you also for this build.
"
coubi64 wrote:
Sorry for my newbie question but this is my first poe league and i'm French so not sure to understand everything even if you detailed it a lot.

At level 49, when i can use the mantle, i have to use the final gem setup and remove all the leveling gem setup?

Yes, you can use the final gem setup at level 49.
Was the damage while leveling ok, by the way? I can change a few things if it's too difficult.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Mate, thanks for that awesome build!

But I don't get it. Made it to lvl 68 so far and now I want to start following your lvl 94 skill tree. Where the heck does it start? Why don't you have to start around the scion wheel?

Greetings and thanks in advance...
IGN: Bierbatterie
@OP, I feel the boots below will be great for the build too if you are not going for Kaom's Root.

Besides running a Power Charge on Crit setup, this flask can also proc power charges.

And if going for route of stacking power charges, Void Battery will be a good weapon.
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
coubi64 wrote:

Yes, you can use the final gem setup at level 49.
Was the damage while leveling ok, by the way? I can change a few things if it's too difficult.

Damage is very sufficient. I feel a bit weak but this is due to my gear.

I have two other questions...

1) Where to put Self-Flaggelation? It replaces "Hidden Potential"?

2) According to your answer at my first question, i'll may have my answer for this second question: do i have to go on with blue gear or do i have to buy "final" gear?
"
But I don't get it. Made it to lvl 68 so far and now I want to start following your lvl 94 skill tree. Where the heck does it start? Why don't you have to start around the scion wheel?

There is a note unter the skill trees. You basically "start" from the Shadow wheel once you complete the uber lab. To do this you have to skill everything to the shadow start and then refund your points from the Scion start.

"
kira1414 wrote:
@OP, I feel the boots below will be great for the build too if you are not going for Kaom's Root.

Besides running a Power Charge on Crit setup, this flask can also proc power charges.

And if going for route of stacking power charges, Void Battery will be a good weapon.

The Boots are good if you're going to stack Power Charges, otherwise not so much.

The problem with PCoC is that it disables the Boots Enchantment (unless you want to keep that regen enchant). The best way to generate Power Charges is with the Hierophant ascendancy (instead of Guardian). This is mainly a boss killer because it's not that good at mapping and you lose a lot of durability. If you're going for that, you can also put a Wither Totem in your helmet.

Power Charges in the skill tree are only worth it if you are using dual Void Batteries and can keep your charges up 100% of the time. Otherwise there are too many good nodes to invest the points in. If your crit chance is getting "too" high you can also check if Increased Critical Damage might be better than Increased Critical Strikes.

"
I have two other questions...

1) Where to put Self-Flaggelation? It replaces "Hidden Potential"?

2) According to your answer at my first question, i'll may have my answer for this second question: do i have to go on with blue gear or do i have to buy "final" gear?

1) Yes, Self-Flaggelation should be the first Jewel you use (it doesn't matter where you put it). You can stop using Hidden Potential at level 49.

2) Once you hit level 49, you can forget about everything that was in the leveling section.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 24, 2017, 5:11:16 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

The Boots are good if you're going to stack Power Charges, otherwise not so much.

The problem with PCoC is that it disables the Boots Enchantment (unless you want to keep that regen enchant). The best way to generate Power Charges is with the Hierophant ascendancy (instead of Guardian). This is mainly a boss killer because it's not that good at mapping and you lose a lot of durability. If you're going for that, you can also put a Wither Totem in your helmet.

Power Charges in the skill tree are only worth it if you are using dual Void Batteries and can keep your charges up 100% of the time. Otherwise there are too many good nodes to invest the points in. If your crit chance is getting "too" high you can also check if Increased Critical Damage might be better than Increased Critical Strikes.

Each power charges gives you 5% increased damage wearing that boots. So without any investment on power charge nodes, you will still get 15% increased damage.

And even for dual wielding Void Batteries, to get max power charges is really easy because of the boots' 25% chance to gain max charges when you gain a charge. I am currently running the boots in SSF and PCoC gives 100% up time on power charges.

Assuming you have 8 power charges, that will be 40% increased damage.

I agree the crit chance boots enchantment will be a wasted stat but besides going for Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently, you can also go for 80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently (mini Kaom's Root).

And yes, crit damage gem will be a better gem when crit chance is too high.

Just food for thought on how you can gear since rare boots and Inya is similar when it comes to providing life roll and you don't need resistance rolls on the boots.

If I were to choose between rare boots and Inya, I will go for Inya. I can even have it setup in such a way:

Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Power Charge on Crit + Vulnerability (or Enfeeble)

EDIT: Did a POB simulation with my SSF gears, switching to 1 x Void Battery and doing a minor tweak to your level 94 skill tree, Void Battery + Inya with 7 power charges gives 14K (from 91K to 105K) more damage.

You can take a look at the POB pastebin here.
Last edited by kira1414 on Sep 24, 2017, 5:57:10 AM
Each power charges gives you 5% increased damage wearing that boots. So without any investment on power charge nodes, you will still get 15% increased damage.
Is 15% increased damage worth giving up good rare boots or a unique somewhere else though? It doesn't sound that good to me if you're not going for a lot of Power Charges.

Here's another thing you can try out for Power Charges:
When I originally ran this on Frostbolt I didn't need the crit enchant because there is a 10% penetration enchant. I used a level 1 CWDT linked to Ball Lightning (It's basically 1 gem slot).
The Assassin ascendancy can generate Power Charges when you hit an enemy on full life. Because Ball Lightning hits a lot of times and I couldn't deal damage with it (Ancestral Bond) I was always at full Power Charges during mapping (not in Bossfights) without needing to cast anything. You'd still need an Orb for Bosses I guess.

Edit for your Edit:

I was comparing Void Battery to Apep's, since they are both wands. Like I said, they are a bit better if you commit to Power Charges. I was also using my character as a reference (which has a lot more crit) so the resulting change in damage was a bit lower.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 24, 2017, 6:19:16 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I was comparing Void Battery to Apep's, since they are both wands. Like I said, they are a bit better if you commit to Power Charges. I was also using my character as a reference (which has a lot more crit) so the resulting change in damage was a bit lower.

That is weird. I just did a POB simulation using your gear, switching to Void Battery + Inya (with 120% crit chance enchant) and getting 7 power charges, your damage jumped from 326K to 375K.

You can take a look at this POB pastebin based on your profile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info