[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

ascendant is out...@OP what are your thoughts?
would trickster buffs work at all for this build? guessing no? is guardian/ass still the way to go?

edit - is there some way to work chieftain into the build for better tankiness now? and i dunno, somehow add fire dmg lol?
Last edited by rozakk on Feb 27, 2018, 6:47:35 PM
"
rozakk wrote:
ascendant is out...@OP what are your thoughts?
would trickster buffs work at all for this build? guessing no? is guardian/ass still the way to go?

edit - is there some way to work chieftain into the build for better tankiness now? and i dunno, somehow add fire dmg lol?

Thats exactly what I was looking at. Chieftain\Hierophant is looking pretty sexy now, especially with the atziri upgraded shield for curse immunity and adds a shitton of life leech. Kind of screws you out of all the path of shadow nodes though and I'm not sure if its worth it. Need some PoB theory crafters to do the work for me :P
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 27, 2018, 8:06:52 PM
I’m not rulin out guardian yet. I mean we have no idea how hard it will be to get that shield. The fact it needs an Uber atziri kill means it will be an ex or more to start with most likely, then price will depend on how common the prophecy is - it could be crazy rare. It’s definitely a huge item for this build but not one I can count on for the first few weeks of league
So, Assasin changed a lot:
-0,5% crit
-crit multiplier against full life
no maim
but easier power charge generation becuase of chance on every hit, even with only 10% chance

And a start point a shadow is still a huge damage boost with the nodes on the upper right side.

Maybe Guardian/Ass is still a very good way to go and change guardian to hiero after getting Atziris reflection. Hiero looks very nice with +1 totem, more mana and MoM effect and arcane surge for more spell damage, cast speed and mana regeneration.

Waiting for PoB to compare Ass/Guardian with self flag and soul mantle against templar hiero with other gear.
Chieftain is pretty much just worth a shield slot (Trolltimber Spire) which is like 20% DPS.

I'm pretty sure Assassin itself gives less than 10% DPS now, which is a shame because the Shadow start is by far the best starting location. IIRC it was like 5 skill points which is 10-15% DPS. Honestly, even Saboteur looks like an option for the blind and AoE.

The new Hierophant is ok, an extra totem is 33% more damage and Arcane Surge opens up new possibilities in the Wither setup, like CWC Skeletons. Losing the Power Charge on totem placement is a really big deal, because it was the only way to reliably get PC's on a totem build without hitting your enemy.
Guardian is also very good still, basically a more defensive choice. I'd put them on the same powerlevel if you don't have the new shield yet.

Templar's Hierophant is by far the best right now IMO. He got ascendant's PC generation, which enables the use of Shimmeron, an insane budget weapon, but also Power Charges alongside the Lab Enchantment for Boots. He also gets a ton of regen, two totems (66% More damage) and a stronger MoM.
But the best part of him is that he gets 90% Totem Placement Speed, which is something this build really needs. 90% is insane, it's exactly as much as we currently get from the skill tree, including Totemic Zeal.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Feb 28, 2018, 2:38:48 AM
so do you actually get the PC from crit hit or 10% mvmt speed on kill from assassin ? since technically its your totems doing the hit and kill and not you?
@Shepuuurd, any chance you have a templar hiero path tree based on this and the chamges to the ascendancies?
"
rozakk wrote:
so do you actually get the PC from crit hit or 10% mvmt speed on kill from assassin ? since technically its your totems doing the hit and kill and not you?
Nope, only if you hit them yourself, which is doable, but conflicts with the boot enchantment that gives 120% crit.

"
princessclem wrote:
@Shepuuurd, any chance you have a templar hiero path tree based on this and the chamges to the ascendancies?
http://poeurl.com/bMjV. This is roughly how I'd do it (including the Ascendancy).

You can go some other routes if you want more damage/placement speed. The very basic tree should always look like this: http://poeurl.com/bMjW.
Builds and Guides:
hi there Shepuuurd! I'm a fan and I love the whole concept of your Build
I was planning to follow your DP Totem Scion Guide in the coming Bestiary
but then Ascendancy changes came and now Hierophant is better as you said
now I'm having trouble what guide to follow regarding Hierophant DP Totem Build
can anyone help me please? T^T

1. what is the skill tree that i should follow regarding leveling?
2. What is the final skill tree?
3. What is the Ascendancy skill tree should I follow for Hierophant?
4. Bandits & Pantheons?
5. Gears I should get?

sorry if this is too troublesome you don't need to answer all my questions
I'm just having trouble now which one to follow since it's like my first time again playing PoE
it's been too long since I last played.

If you're planning to create a Guide for Hierophant DP Totem Build
I can just wait for that instead
Last edited by DETPYRC on Feb 28, 2018, 2:12:18 PM
"
hi there Shepuuurd! I'm a fan and I love the whole concept of your Build
I was planning to follow your DP Totem Scion Guide in the coming Bestiary
but then Ascendancy changes came and now Hierophant is better as you said
now I'm having trouble what guide to follow regarding Hierophant DP Totem Build
can anyone help me please? T^T

1. what is the skill tree that i should follow regarding leveling?
2. What is the final skill tree?
3. What is the Ascendancy skill tree should I follow for Hierophant?
4. Bandits & Pantheons?
5. Gears I should get?

sorry if this is too troublesome you don't need to answer all my questions
I'm just having trouble now which one to follow since it's like my first time again playing PoE
it's been too long since I last played.

If you're planning to create a Guide for Hierophant DP Totem Build
I can just wait for that instead
There is a guide that worked in 3.1 and has no significant changes except that it's better now:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1942074

I would do the build different personally (to adapt to the changes), but it should work very well.
I'll see if I can do a guide, but it would be very basic and I can't promise that it'll be finished until the league starts.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info