[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
l0u wrote:
So Dark Pact Totems got a buff with the minion tag addition + more minion life support?

Not this build but some others might. Minion damage doesn't affect you unless you use The Scourge and minion life only does something if you support the skeletons.

It's possible that you can now use Minion Damage Support if you also use The Scourge, but don't take my word for it.

It will not work with Scourge claw. Dark pact might be a "minion" gem, BUT: dark pact is not a minion. It is a spell that you cast on the minion. The skeleton deals minion damage which can be scaled by %minion damage on tree & gear. DP deals base chaos + scaled dmg based on (minion) life. Two entirely different damage sources.
Just like SRS will benefit from %minion damage but not at all from %spell damage despite being both "minion"&"spell" according to the gem card. Scourge claw will only add the minion damage to you.
Besides:"Despite having the minion tag, there are no minion specific support gems that impact Dark Pact." -PoEWiki
Just think about it... dark pact base * %minion dmg + skeleton * %minion dmg + scaling with life + 80% skeleton base damage buff in 3.1 + all of that added again via the Scourge? What is that even? Triple dipping? Quadruple dipping? :D No way.
Sorry for the wall of text I know it's off topic a bit... a lot of people are confused when it comes to minion damage.(not that I'm an expert)
hey, just curious as it is the first league i will start ever, how pricey is soul mantle and kikazaru rings on the first days of the Softcore more or less?

id like to try it over the srs/spectre witch im planning to do as it requires close to nothing of gear.
Thanks.
"
Sir_Moke wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
l0u wrote:
So Dark Pact Totems got a buff with the minion tag addition + more minion life support?

Not this build but some others might. Minion damage doesn't affect you unless you use The Scourge and minion life only does something if you support the skeletons.

It's possible that you can now use Minion Damage Support if you also use The Scourge, but don't take my word for it.

It will not work with Scourge claw. Dark pact might be a "minion" gem, BUT: dark pact is not a minion. It is a spell that you cast on the minion. The skeleton deals minion damage which can be scaled by %minion damage on tree & gear. DP deals base chaos + scaled dmg based on (minion) life. Two entirely different damage sources.
Just like SRS will benefit from %minion damage but not at all from %spell damage despite being both "minion"&"spell" according to the gem card. Scourge claw will only add the minion damage to you.
Besides:"Despite having the minion tag, there are no minion specific support gems that impact Dark Pact." -PoEWiki
Just think about it... dark pact base * %minion dmg + skeleton * %minion dmg + scaling with life + 80% skeleton base damage buff in 3.1 + all of that added again via the Scourge? What is that even? Triple dipping? Quadruple dipping? :D No way.
Sorry for the wall of text I know it's off topic a bit... a lot of people are confused when it comes to minion damage.(not that I'm an expert)

You're right, it won't work.
I forgot that there are other "Minion" tagged Gems, like Dominating Blow, that work with Cloak of Tawm'r Isley, but do not increase your own damage with Minion Damage Support, even with The Scourge (so I doubt it will work with DP).
You can, in fact, scale minions with spell damage, just not with the one that applies to you - for example by adding Controlled Destruction to Solar Guards.

My thought was that the Gem might support DP now. But yeah, it only adds the minion damage to minions, not your own action. Even with The Scourge.
The gem itself actually doesn't specify that ("Supports minion skills.").

EDIT:
Actually, nevermind the above.

Minion Damage does work on your own damage with Dominating Blow, but only the quality part of Minion Damage. This is because The Scourge says the following: Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you.

The gem is a more multiplier, therefore only the quality bonus applies.
So I'm pretty sure quality on Minion Damage will now support Dark Pact. Which is totally useless.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 7, 2017, 11:03:51 AM
"
Morenyn wrote:
hey, just curious as it is the first league i will start ever, how pricey is soul mantle and kikazaru rings on the first days of the Softcore more or less?

id like to try it over the srs/spectre witch im planning to do as it requires close to nothing of gear.
Thanks.

In Mayhem/Turmoil the price has been about 5 Chaos each during the start, which is probably what it will cost in Abyss.

The items are very common, but the build has gotten more popular so the price has risen. When I first played it I got everything for 1 Alchemy.
Builds and Guides:
how do we calculate damage for DP cast on totems?

POB shows 450k, for CAST ON PLAYER and 135k for CAST ON SKELLY.

which one is accurate?

also, imho, occultist does more damage.

heirophant :
1. DEFENSIVE 5% block chance
2. DEFENSIVE 25% reduced curse effect on you (ie, curses are useless against you,)
3. OFFENSIVE 10% attack, cast, move speeds (mini onslaught)

Occultist :
1. DEFENSIVE 20% max es. not worth much, maybe 100-200 es depending on gear.
2. DEFENSIVE 1% es regen/s. worthless.
3. OFFENSIVE -15% chaos res to cursed enemies. does this stack with new despair curse?
4. OFFENSIVE 20% increased damage if killed a cursed enemy recently.

imho, the -chaos res is a big bonus, too big to ignore.

imho, kill them before they can kill you.

what do you think?
"
Disconaut wrote:

what do you think?

Its easy - try for example on tabula rasa in PoB (so spell totem gem is not part of chest). Set spell totem + DP gems in tabula, then uncheck spell totem = you will see DP dmg casted on you - then check spell totem again and you will see difference - PoB counts if spell totem is linked or not to DP
Last edited by Chimerka on Dec 7, 2017, 1:18:47 PM
"
Disconaut wrote:

which one is accurate?

also, imho, occultist does more damage.

heirophant :
1. DEFENSIVE 5% block chance
2. DEFENSIVE 25% reduced curse effect on you (ie, curses are useless against you,)
3. OFFENSIVE 10% attack, cast, move speeds (mini onslaught)

Occultist :
1. DEFENSIVE 20% max es. not worth much, maybe 100-200 es depending on gear.
2. DEFENSIVE 1% es regen/s. worthless.
3. OFFENSIVE -15% chaos res to cursed enemies. does this stack with new despair curse?
4. OFFENSIVE 20% increased damage if killed a cursed enemy recently.

imho, the -chaos res is a big bonus, too big to ignore.

imho, kill them before they can kill you.

what do you think?

PoB accounts for totems (see post above)

The chaos res stacks additively with the curse.

Occultist is a good option. I chose the ascendancies for a good reason but there's a lot you can change (check the ascendancy tab).
Builds and Guides:
For the start of the league, is it worth considering going down through the resist nodes to Sentinel and then up through constitution for basically +28% all res? Or is the mana and Shaper node better?
"
DonkeyBoy wrote:
For the start of the league, is it worth considering going down through the resist nodes to Sentinel and then up through constitution for basically +28% all res? Or is the mana and Shaper node better?

Sure, you can do that. Makes gearing a bit cheaper.

In the endgame mana is better because capping your resists shouldn't be too hard.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 7, 2017, 2:03:37 PM
Can you explain real quick how to level this in a new league without twinked gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info