[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:
There are 5 possible sources of penetration in this build along with the gem.

Six.

BTW: Is Pure Talent *really* worth it over a good 4 mod jewel + 2 skill points? Because if I go there, I need to rework my jewels to make sure my str stays higher than my dex, and I'd rather not do this without knowing it is really worthwhile.

And if I don't take Pure Talent, and am planning to halt leveling at 96 (so I will never reach Coordination), wouldn't Unnatural Calm be better than Soul Siphon?

I found that Pure Talent beat my worst jewel in value after I swapped into ruthless since the pen then had more value. I included it since I thought that more people would have difficulty finding well rolled 4 stat jewels or would be missing some of the pen items making pure talent better

Additional pen does have the advantage of being better on resistance maps and while you don't have wise oak active

You also use ele weakness so if I take the version of my character without Pure talent, add in a level 10 ele weakness, swap out of Deep Thoughts to connect to scion and replace one of my 4 stat jewels with Pure talent I get +5701 per totem shaper dps and -79 ES so about even?

Yeah coordination is only worth it once you pick up the notable. Unnatural calm is fine, or faith and steel is probably better value since you can have another 4 stat jewel instead of a resistance one or a +30 Str node is only a bit worse value for ES and would make balancing stats easier
My first post on builds eva . First of all great build + with getting proper jewels i got 11k es

and i have 2 things to add

quality tempest shield = at 20% quality it adds 20% increased lightning damage for free so get it on all lightning builds as well

+

get fertile mind on the far right side jewel socket = +100int
"
shoggoth86pl wrote:
My first post on builds eva . First of all great build + with getting proper jewels i got 11k es

and i have 2 things to add

quality tempest shield = at 20% quality it adds 20% increased lightning damage for free so get it on all lightning builds as well

+

get fertile mind on the far right side jewel socket = +100int

Glad the build is working out for you :)

Sadly the %increased lightning damage on tempest shield is local not global so it only applies to the zap that happens on the shield and not any of our other skills.

The pathing I have done in the build doesn't take any dex nodes around the jewel to the right so you must have done some different pathing there. I found that it was worth the extra few Int travel nodes so that you can put a good rare jewel in that slot without needing to convert any dex into Int since it was already int
"
WaffleT wrote:
Sadly the %increased lightning damage on tempest shield is local not global so it only applies to the zap that happens on the shield and not any of our other skills.

And even more sadly, Ancestral Bond ensures that the zap from the Tempest Shield deals no damage, so the 20Q has no effect whatsoever :(
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Hey WaffleT,

first at all thank you very much for the Build! It feels really good. My Problem is i struggle a bit with the DMG.. PoB says only 225k per Totem... here my PoB --> https://pastebin.com/haVXqKgw

I hope you can help me a bit to improve my DPS. BTW i have round about 10exalts to spend

Best regards
Last edited by Dahakar21 on Jan 30, 2018, 6:48:18 AM
"
Dahakar21 wrote:
Hey WaffleT,

first at all thank you very much for the Build! It feels really good. My Problem is i struggle a bit with the DMG.. PoB says only 225k per Totem... here my PoB --> https://pastebin.com/haVXqKgw

I hope you can help me a bit to improve my DPS. BTW i have round about 10exalts to spend
Best regards

You have pretty decent dps and ES for your level. More levels will naturally bring more damage and you have 2 more jewel sockets to pick up. You did pick up the worst sockets early, pathing through 4% elemental damage and 4% mana nodes which are much worse then the Int pathing ones but that'll get sorted out with levels.

With a budget I'd first look at getting some better jewels. Only 1 of yours has decent attack speed which is the best dps stat and I'm sure you can find better.

I would buy a few divines to use on that helmet. The enchant is good damage but it rolls between 240-304 ES and yours is almost the lowest possible roll. I'd bless that amulet and buy a higher Int roll shield while I was at it.

None of your flasks appear to have quality so I would fix that

Thats all thats obvious. Just get levels and get the final level on those support gems. Buying a level 21/20 version will increase damage but that can get expensive. You could also level a few wraths up to level 20 and hope to vaal one into level 21 since those don't need quality which is easier
I know its a different build, but I was creeping your scion, how does the clear speed/bossing feel between the 2?
"
I know its a different build, but I was creeping your scion, how does the clear speed/bossing feel between the 2?

Heirophant Pros
- Generally safer, more block, can keep a distance from danger
- Nice being able to drop something at the edge of the screen without going over there yourself
- Gets easier ES, things feel more synergistic
- Can run any map mod, only thing that really slows it down are temp chains, ele reflect and no regen
- Totems keep killing while you loot or dodge a telegraphed attack

Heirophant cons
- Needs uber lab done to get a chunk of its ES
- Less damage
- Unevadable hazards in Minotaur and a few of the elder guardians is riskier with recharge then leech

Scion Pros
- Much higher damage potential
- Expensive items to chase (dying sun, +3 proj helm)
- Can swap into a clearspeed skill (although I also find that annoying so don't)

Scion cons
- In the face of everything can get awkward at times
- Danger whenever you stop attacking, freeze you didn't notice, mouse stopped working etc
- Can get caught in attacking animation and not dodge obvious telegraphs like slams
- Can't run ele reflect, no regen or no leech maps which is annoying

I had more fun with the Heirophant but I'm not sure if most of that is that it was my first character of Abyss league. I'm a fan of alc and go so the fact that Heirophant can do any map mod made it more enjoyable then rolling reasonable maps for the scion. The molten balls flying everywhere was pretty neat too though. Scion has the edge on speed for both clearing and bossing but not by a whole lot as the Heirophant would drop a totem and move on knowing that everything would die as it was charge into the next pack
Hi there! I came across this build just now (nearing the end of current league), since i am new and don't have much knowledge of this game and its mechanics I tend to follow builds and your build feels good and understandable to me. So my main question is how much viable is this build for future. Like after this league a new league starts (hopefully shortly), will this be still viable? Can i just follow it and kick The Shaper out of his own realm xD. Bookmarking this thread so i can follow it. Ty and cheers!
i just wanted to say good job man. finally something unique. a signature build that is both meme and good enough to conquer the content. GOOD JOB! i will give it a try

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info