[3.0] Crit EK Nova Inquisitor - Clear Speed Oriented / MF Viable

"
Hakaan256 wrote:
Do you have any more specific advice for leveling? I'm currently about level 40 and feel like I'm doing very lackluster damage because I don't have the proper gems.

Get a tabula rasa. Blade Vortex + Inc Crit + Controlled Destruction + Added Lightning + Added Cold + Spell Echo

That will carry you until you swap into EK.

Also, I think with abyss jewels out, the single target on EK won't be nearly as bad as it was.

I picked these jewels up for 8-10c each

The belt is like 5c, and will give me 50% increased on those 2 jewels for a lot of extra damage.

If it doesn't perform well for bosses still, well you always have the new shaper/elder items and can sport a 6L BV set up for bossing as well as your EK for clearing.
"
"
Hakaan256 wrote:
Do you have any more specific advice for leveling? I'm currently about level 40 and feel like I'm doing very lackluster damage because I don't have the proper gems.

Get a tabula rasa. Blade Vortex + Inc Crit + Controlled Destruction + Added Lightning + Added Cold + Spell Echo

Also, I think with abyss jewels out, the single target on EK won't be nearly as bad as it was.

The belt is like 5c, and will give me 50% increased on those 2 jewels for a lot of extra damage.

If it doesn't perform well for bosses still, well you always have the new shaper/elder items and can sport a 6L BV set up for bossing as well as your EK for clearing.

Thank you for the informative post. I had a question regarding abyss jewels such as the ones you linked:

Belts aside, do you think abyss jewels like the ones in your post would be more beneficial to the build over standard % increase projectile speed and area damage jewels, when used inside the skill tree? I'm not very knowledgeable as far as mechanics go so this isn't a clear answer to me.
Last edited by projectoffset on Dec 15, 2017, 10:24:16 PM
I'm currently level 85 and wanting to upgrade my survivability. Character name is GriffunEK and here's my current gear:

What would you recommend I upgrade for more survivability? I'm fairly new and not sure what is my "weakest piece" or aspect of my character. whether it be upgrading a piece of gear, changing gems, or something in my tree.
Last edited by Griff112 on Dec 16, 2017, 12:50:58 AM
"
projectoffset wrote:
"
"
Hakaan256 wrote:

Thank you for the informative post. I had a question regarding abyss jewels such as the ones you linked:

Belts aside, do you think abyss jewels like the ones in your post would be more beneficial to the build over standard % increase projectile speed and area damage jewels, when used inside the skill tree? I'm not very knowledgeable as far as mechanics go so this isn't a clear answer to me.

I'll quite likely grab some "regular" jewels to mix in with the skilltree. I think that while abyss jewels ARE strong, that %life may be a bit important.
"
Griff112 wrote:
I'm currently level 85 and wanting to upgrade my survivability. Character name is GriffunEK and here's my current gear:

What would you recommend I upgrade for more survivability? I'm fairly new and not sure what is my "weakest piece" or aspect of my character. whether it be upgrading a piece of gear, changing gems, or something in my tree.

Karui Ward is weakest.
Your Warlord's Mark in your CWDT setup can go to 5.
Drop Hypothermia in chest and try to at least 5l it, go Vorici or buy the prophecy.
You can drop your belt for Belt of the Deceiver if you want for surv, but lose dmg.
IMO, Lightpoacher is overkill for EK Nova, I know ziz used to run it though.
Can anyone give me some advice on what to do here? I am highly struggling at killing T8 bosses without dying.

]
"
FrostyJesus wrote:
Can anyone give me some advice on what to do here? I am highly struggling at killing T8 bosses without dying.

]

Swap the brightbeak.

I'm not having any issues and our gear is fairly similar.

My Gear
"
"
FrostyJesus wrote:

]

Swap the brightbeak.

My Gear

Why are you guys using inpulsas? What are you shocking with?
"
Draghin wrote:
"
"
FrostyJesus wrote:

]

Swap the brightbeak.

My Gear

Why are you guys using inpulsas? What are you shocking with?

Physical to Lightning converts half of our damage to lightning. Crit = shock.
Wanted to show my character here in case anybody wants some gearing ideas

Inpulsa's seems good :)

Darkness Enthroned is great and allows me to stack another Jewel for Lightpoacher

WATCHER'S EYE gives me 90% Phys>Ele which frees up the glove slot (there's phy>ele for Wrath and Anger too, u might be able to snag one kinda cheap)
Lvl 1 Clarity for the watcher's eye...
REALLY curious if that watcher's eye mod works with Vaal Clarity

Sticking with Mind over Matter for now, really not sure if I like it that much tho

Sulphur Flask since I'm using Pious Path in my ascendancy. The leech I'm getting from Warlord's, Atziri Flask and boot enchant and the Regen from Consecrated ground allows me to facetank a lot of stuff.

I swap HOI to Arctic Armour for tougher bosses.

Pantheon is Brine King for stun protection and currently Tukohama, but going to be trying out Shakari soon.

I sometimes swap to Blade Vortex for bosses, feels a bit better, not sure if it's the best option tho, gonna try Glacial Cascade sometime.

Last edited by DackBradshaw on Dec 19, 2017, 3:26:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info