[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

Thanks mate :D
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
Doesn't Riposte kind of suck? I've tried to switch swtd ele weakness set-up for Reckoning curse on hit and put Riposte for culling and it's terrible. First off, riposte cooldown is 2 times bigger than of Reckoning and only hits 1 target at time, so endurance generation goes out of the window. Second, it seems to have very limited range compared to reckoning. I don't think it will contribute meaningful leech values compared to Reckoning and Icecrash.
"
Pyotr wrote:
Doesn't Riposte kind of suck? I've tried to switch swtd ele weakness set-up for Reckoning curse on hit and put Riposte for culling and it's terrible. First off, riposte cooldown is 2 times bigger than of Reckoning and only hits 1 target at time, so endurance generation goes out of the window. Second, it seems to have very limited range compared to reckoning. I don't think it will contribute meaningful leech values compared to Reckoning and Icecrash.

Yeah, everything you say is right.

But the point here is to make it usefull for bosses, so the cooldoown, the range & the number of target is not really a problem (I don't think the boss will be hitting you faster than the riposte cooldown). That's also why I recommended you to put it on the same gem setup than reckoning, you shouldn't replace reckoning with riposte, but adding it could help.

You could also just replace Onslaught with Riposte, since it doesn't proc that much on high level maps, and keep the culling on both riposte & reckoning.
Hi again,

I spent some time searching on poetrade and finally invested in better items with more life on them. Well, that makes a huge difference, really. Now i can farm eyes closed :p

Thanks again for your build and time !
Hey there, I just started a character using your build guide. I only have 1 other character and it's dying with vaal pact. Anyways I have a quick question and beware I'm pretty new at all this.

1. How did u find a meginords girdle with the +1 endurance? All I'm seeing is +35 strength for the implicit. What am I missing?

Sorry if this is a stupid question hah
"
Shwaggyman wrote:
Hey there, I just started a character using your build guide. I only have 1 other character and it's dying with vaal pact. Anyways I have a quick question and beware I'm pretty new at all this.

1. How did u find a meginords girdle with the +1 endurance? All I'm seeing is +35 strength for the implicit. What am I missing?

Hi Shwaggyman,

The belt has to be corrupted to get the new affix "+1 endurance charge", which makes it more expensive on the market (as a corrupted item cannot me modified after). You can buy it with the right implicit or try to roll it with a vaal orb, but you have only 1 chance per belt so you'll probably need to buy several of uncorrupted so as to get the right implicit.

I advise you to buy directely the good one, just look from time to time to poe.trade, there is often a good deal to make.
"
Geraldor wrote:
"
Shwaggyman wrote:

Hi Shwaggyman,

The belt has to be corrupted to get the new affix "+1 endurance charge", which makes it more expensive on the market (as a corrupted item cannot me modified after). You can buy it with the right implicit or try to roll it with a vaal orb, but you have only 1 chance per belt so you'll probably need to buy several of uncorrupted so as to get the right implicit.

I advise you to buy directely the good one, just look from time to time to poe.trade, there is often a good deal to make.

Yep, it's just as he said.

For the record, I didn't use vaal orb myself, I bought one with the +1 endurance charge already on it. It was one of the last items I bought for this character (I think the price was something like 80 chaos orb).
Oh ok see I knew I was missing something! Thanks for the response. I play on standard Xbox version so there isn't much in the trade on there. I guess my only option right now is buying and vaaling a bunch until I get the right implicit. Hopefully I get lucky haha
Nice guide. I plan to use this build in 3.1. I haven't studied the tree for this in-depth, but I have looked at it. Do you anticipate changing the tree at all now that the patch notes have been released? I'm really interested to see what exactly they mean by-

"Many passive skills which previously only provided defensive bonuses while using a shield now also grant increased physical attack damage and damage with ailments while holding a shield."
"
spilopleura wrote:
Nice guide. I plan to use this build in 3.1. I haven't studied the tree for this in-depth, but I have looked at it. Do you anticipate changing the tree at all now that the patch notes have been released? I'm really interested to see what exactly they mean by-

"Many passive skills which previously only provided defensive bonuses while using a shield now also grant increased physical attack damage and damage with ailments while holding a shield."

Yep, this build's DPS might be buffed :)

I don't think the tree will change a lot, but maybe the "Increased global defences" nodes will be buffed and added to the build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info