[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
sourtimer wrote:
What is the consensus on the best way to maximize your damage and achieve full conversion? Helm enchant, 2x winter jewels or watcher's eye?

Maximizing boss damage requires the helm enchant, so you can use rare jewels with crit multi / cast speed / life. However long winters are better for mapping IMHO because of the increased range they give your GC.

"
Also thoughts on the best helm if going with enchant?

THanks

The best helm is a rare, but since it is hard to get a good rare with the enchant, the second best option is Starkonja. Good amount of life, the dex is nice to have, a little crit is a bonus. No resists sucks but is manageable. People enchant tons of starkonjas when they farm uber lab so it is readily accessible.
hey thanks for the build , i managed to get most of the items so far , lvl 88 atm did white/yellow elder with ease .

dunno if i need a better daggers but for now using those 2, any suggestion on which part above should i swap.
Didnt have to much time to play and the build IG is far from the end.
Why so mad. I will send you the pob link when i come home and you will see the build is far better.

Just think 2 minutes about the build instead of the numbers on Path of building

You have actually in the build
4k HP (with 300hp/sec)
3k Mana (with 300 mana/sec)
MOM
Curse on you who need to spam flask like a retard
Slow as fuck for mapping (Shield charge ?)
No stun immune (Easy kill)

Enough dps to kill everything anyway

so the survivability here :

You take 3 small shot and your totem are destroyed so you have 0 mana to cast again because your regen without totem is shit
You have only 1 heal flask (LULZ) and no mana flask because POB warrior prefer to go full dps with onslaught and diamond and you didnt care about survivability
And you die (pob warrior didnt tell you that)

Atziri's foible is your friend

OK SOUL mantle is good (MOAR LINK MOAR DPS WTB EHP ....) but without kikazaru or the new shiny atziri's reflection it's terrible

The build didnt profit from clear mind 60% free spell damage + %mana regen (How can you miss this jewel wtf)

didnt profit from the wombo combo essence worm + hatred on GC ? 30% more ?

This is just the small part of the kind of things you can do on the build

So before talking just have a look at what you can improve because they is so much things you can't even imagine

ps: If you think i'm a random just go some years behind and look at all the build and people refering me and understand i'm not talking without known the game.
Eckalina Old Low life rf spark build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/322848
Last edited by Ecka on Mar 12, 2018, 8:40:55 AM
As I can say after playing totems in this league, delay between setting up totem and first GC by totem is too big to use this build as fast runner without shield(~1-2 death per hour because after any rush in mobs this delay is enough to catch damage to die), yes, this build can pretty easy clear everything with good gear, but no really fast mapping =(
Some questions @ magicrectangle regarding lab enchantments:

You stated that you want '120% crit chance if you haven't crit recently' on your boots. I assume this is because (in the context of enchantments) the crits done by totems do not count as you critting, so the 120% bonus would be active all the time (well, as long as you don't crit by whirling through stuff).

Is this correct?

But if this is the way it works, wouldn't 'damage penetrates 10% ele resistances if you haven't killed recently' be the better option (always up since you don't kill yorself)? Wouldn't this enchantment result in more damage?

Thx in advance for clarifying.
"
Croc411 wrote:
Some questions @ magicrectangle regarding lab enchantments:

You stated that you want '120% crit chance if you haven't crit recently' on your boots. I assume this is because (in the context of enchantments) the crits done by totems do not count as you critting, so the 120% bonus would be active all the time (well, as long as you don't crit by whirling through stuff).

Is this correct?

Yes.

"
But if this is the way it works, wouldn't 'damage penetrates 10% ele resistances if you haven't killed recently' be the better option (always up since you don't kill yorself)? Wouldn't this enchantment result in more damage?

Thx in advance for clarifying.

The penetration one is also very good. They work out about the same for me in PoB. The penetration one might be slightly better, but I happened to hit the crit one first in my farming, so I kept it.
"
theio666 wrote:
As I can say after playing totems in this league, delay between setting up totem and first GC by totem is too big to use this build as fast runner without shield(~1-2 death per hour because after any rush in mobs this delay is enough to catch damage to die), yes, this build can pretty easy clear everything with good gear, but no really fast mapping =(

This is why I run granite flask and cwdt enfeeble + immortal call. You also don't just drop totems and stand in the middle of a pack, you whirl, plant a totem, whirl, plant a totem.

It doesn't compare, for example, with a reaver or kinetic blaster for map clear speed, but it is quite fast. Certainly much faster than some of the older totem builds (looking at you, flameblast).

On a sort of related note, I've been trying out spire of stone (templar socket) for mapping, and I think I like it. It obviously isn't any good for bossing, but when you're doing whirl->totem->whirl->totem you don't want to worry about where you're placing your totems, and often they end up in the middle of a pack. In that case totems getting stunned is fairly common, and spire of stone makes a noticeable difference.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 12, 2018, 12:12:59 PM
"
Ecka wrote:
Didnt have to much time to play and the build IG is far from the end.
Why so mad. I will send you the pob link when i come home and you will see the build is far better.

Just think 2 minutes about the build instead of the numbers on Path of building

You have actually in the build
4k HP (with 300hp/sec)
3k Mana (with 300 mana/sec)
MOM
Curse on you who need to spam flask like a retard
Slow as fuck for mapping (Shield charge ?)
No stun immune (Easy kill)

Enough dps to kill everything anyway

so the survivability here :

You take 3 small shot and your totem are destroyed so you have 0 mana to cast again because your regen without totem is shit
You have only 1 heal flask (LULZ) and no mana flask because POB warrior prefer to go full dps with onslaught and diamond and you didnt care about survivability
And you die (pob warrior didnt tell you that)

Atziri's foible is your friend

OK SOUL mantle is good (MOAR LINK MOAR DPS WTB EHP ....) but without kikazaru or the new shiny atziri's reflection it's terrible

The build didnt profit from clear mind 60% free spell damage + %mana regen (How can you miss this jewel wtf)

didnt profit from the wombo combo essence worm + hatred on GC ? 30% more ?

This is just the small part of the kind of things you can do on the build

So before talking just have a look at what you can improve because they is so much things you can't even imagine

ps: If you think i'm a random just go some years behind and look at all the build and people refering me and understand i'm not talking without known the game.

LOL. Just because you started in 2012 doesn't mean you are any less bad in this character, and yes you are completely clueless about what's going on. You don't have to send me your PoB cuz I already imported your character and I can already tell what's it gonna be like. I will reply to what you said step by step.

Curse: If you can't manage the curse with flask you are the retarded one, not the people managing curses.

Stun: Kaom's Roots? Pantheon? Know what these are right? Experienced player much?

Slow as fuck: I don't know what the hell you have been through with your character. You probably put yourself through too much garbage gameplay through shit optimization. I level to lv 86 on day 1 in 16 hours this league. Solo.

Mana: Sad day for you cuz I have 450 mana regen with 8 second arcane surge on every curse use. My mana doesn't go down even if I spam click my totems. I only use a mana flask in place of silver flask/taste of hate in 2 occasions:
1.No regen map, Atziri's Foible helps you a lot here right experienced and respected player?
2.Uber Elder which you probably will never come close to complete playing your character. So there's no point for me to discuss it with you here.

You take 3 small shots and totems are destroyed and I have 0 mana: Again, that's you. Not me. I can't even begin to comprehend how you play to say something like this. I'm not running mana flask in either of these gifs, watch my mana bar and tell me what to do.

Take shots much? 40% res+EE+Boss life double boss Dark Forest

Soul mantle is terrible without kikazarus: Learn to play. There are more reason for your fingers to exist other than coming down here and type your retarded statements. WTB EHP? I have 7.5K EHP and that gets me to lv94 in 3 days playtime and beats every boss in the game. If I want EHP I can get 10k anytime I want to level past LV97, only take a couple changes in gear and respec on tree. Getting more EHP is braindead easy. Don't make it sound like you are the only who knows what a EHP is.

Clear mind: If you just have a remote idea of what diminishing returns are, you will understand how bad clear mind is for a build that is so tight on jewel slots and so high in %increased damage. Learn how damage stacks.

Hatred: Everybody runs hatred, it's not your secret meta strategy to run hatred. In fact I'm running hatred on essence worms right now. 30%more? Just once again you showed you have zero fking clue how damage is calculated.
Gain% physical as elemental damage is addtive with each other. Meaning that when I have like 80% total on 2 weapons, hatred damage bonus shrinks much less than your 30% more.

Case closed. I check your old build thread too, and you are proud of that? LOL. You can play with your belly/foible mastermind version of course, nothing wrong with that. You have the right to do whatever you want to your character. But no, your version is not better. In fact it's far worse. Think twice before you say something like that next time in other people's thread, or you will get schooled like this again.

Come at me. I'm here ready to school you further anytime.

Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 12, 2018, 6:48:13 PM

Which is better in terms of DPS?

I already have 100% conversion to cold(i think), 2x long winter + GC gem

Thanks for the help!
Not worth your time Exodus, doesn't look like he's interested in listening.

"
Exodus_820 wrote:
Clear mind: If you just have a remote idea of what diminishing returns are, you will understand how bad clear mind is for a build that is so tight on jewel slots and so high in %increased damage. Learn how damage stacks.

Most of your points are well made, but I do want to point out for the spectators that clear mind is a good jewel. Even with 12 curse self flagellation active (maximum "diminishing returns") it takes a 3 crit multi roll (god tier) jewel to beat clear mind in my setup. Dual crit multi + other damage mod (cast speed) breaks about even.

Without self flag active (which is most people here I think) even a perfect 3x crit multi jewel doesn't beat a perfect clear mind (again, disclaimer, my gear setup, ymmv). If you drop the life on the rare jewel for 16% spell damage then it does, barely, but either of these are essentially impossible jewels on league play.

I'm not saying everybody should run clear mind. 7% life makes a compelling argument to take a fairly small damage hit, but clear mind is a good and valid choice - especially if you can't afford to drop 2ex+ on a rare jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info