[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Second season playing a totem build. Looking through forum I see many far exceeding 100k DPS. I cant seem to get past 50k. What am I missing???

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBLMHHgj0CaoLYQxSDkgOXBDMES0RlhZvHNwdFCL0JKoqCyoTLJwy0TbFNuk8BTwtPV9BlkShRUdFfkWdSU9JUUmxTLNQQlJTUzVTUlVLWOVaK13yXl1knWaeaPJqQ2r6bAttGXBSeyB8g4Kbg1-D84UyidOLjIw2jmSPGo9Gj_qTJ5Uuly2XlZf0mjua4J_foS-iAKPypwinlKi5rhKus69stvq4k7mTvKq86r6KwGbAmsMJxq7QH9D10f3SfNWm18_YJNn842rr7uv17TzvfO-I7-vwH_DV8h33pviT-Tf53frS_oc=?accountName=fergczar&characterName=Cleatuz

Profile isn't public, so can't see your flasks, amulet, jewels.

But based on what you've linked in your post, basically your chest is the only good piece of gear you have. The rest is all pretty terrible. Rather than go through it piece by piece I'll simply direct you to the OP of the thread, which goes over gearing already.

I don't really know how you got to level 90 without finding better gear lying on the ground, let alone on poe.trade for cheap. You also haven't completed your merciless lab? You don't have inevitable judgement yet, which is the entire reason to be inquisitor in the first place.

You have almost no life on anything. 53 on belt seems to be the extent of it. MoM is great but you still need SOME life.

If, after reading the guide, you have specific questions about gearing choices, I'd love to help, but at this point all I can say is: "replace everything."
"
Profile isn't public, so can't see your flasks, amulet, jewels.

But based on what you've linked in your post, basically your chest is the only good piece of gear you have. The rest is all pretty terrible. Rather than go through it piece by piece I'll simply direct you to the OP of the thread, which goes over gearing already.

I don't really know how you got to level 90 without finding better gear lying on the ground, let alone on poe.trade for cheap. You also haven't completed your merciless lab? You don't have inevitable judgement yet, which is the entire reason to be inquisitor in the first place.

You have almost no life on anything. 53 on belt seems to be the extent of it. MoM is great but you still need SOME life.

If, after reading the guide, you have specific questions about gearing choices, I'd love to help, but at this point all I can say is: "replace everything."

Thanks for the eval and reply. I didn't even realize I hadn't finished inevitable judgement. Made profile public and will adjust eq to your suggestion. With inevitable judgement DPS up to 59k.

"
fergczar wrote:

can I ask you how in the world you managed to get a 6-linked Soul Mantle? The rest of your gear is rather underwhelming and you seem to be relatively new to the game so how did you do it? Did you link it yourself? If so you probably don't realize how lucky you were :p
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last season I sat on currency, this season I spent. You can pick up a 5 link less than 10 chaos and I used that till I was dropping level 70 eq. Picked up all level 70 eq and sold in sets for 2 chaos each. Didn’t take long to amass enough to purchase a 6 link.
It really tends to be a lot more efficient to get decent gear in every slot before you start buying big ticket items.

As for the flasks: Diamond flask is the most important flask in any crit build, especially inquisitor. It is ~twice as much damage as atziri.

Now that I can see your profile, I see you have 3k life. Ouch. No life on jewels or amulet either, skipped some of the life in tree too. As I said before MoM is great, but you still need some life.

I run a particularly glassy version of this build, and have 4.5k life and 2k mana. People who hew closer to the OP's version are in the 5k-5.5k range on life. And you should be following OP's version, until you understand the build/game well enough to start making deviations, and understanding what compromises they represent.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Feb 1, 2018, 3:51:25 AM
"
It really tends to be a lot more efficient to get decent gear in every slot before you start buying big ticket items.

As for the flasks: Diamond flask is the most important flask in any crit build, especially inquisitor. It is ~twice as much damage as atziri.

Now that I can see your profile, I see you have 3k life. Ouch. No life on jewels or amulet either, skipped some of the life in tree too. As I said before MoM is great, but you still need some life.

I run a particularly glassy version of this build, and have 4.5k life and 2k mana. People who hew closer to the OP's version are in the 5k-5.5k range on life. And you should be following OP's version, until you understand the build/game well enough to start making deviations, and understanding what compromises they represent.

+1
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30777/page/10/#p566830

Wanted to clear up that Totems do not snapshot! Previous discussion in the thread may have led players to believe that.
Can anyone confirm if Shaper/Elder/Uber Atziri can be Chilled/Shocked with direct damage?

I wonder about the effectivity of Hypothermia with these very high tier Bosses.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Feb 13, 2018, 8:36:13 AM
"
lourun_coria wrote:
Can anyone confirm if Shaper/Elder/Uber Atziri can be Chilled/Shocked with direct damage?

I wonder about the effectivity of Hypothermia with these very high tier Bosses.

Yes, they can. Prior to 3.0 some bosses had immunity to elemental status effects, but not anymore.

There is a minimum threshold for chilling though. Normally to chill you have to hit for at least 0.33% of a target's maximum life, but since hypothermia has 20% increased chill effect, you only need to hit for 0.275% of the target's maximum life in order to chill.

I have no trouble chilling shaper, but it is possible at lower gear levels that you might. If you wanted to kill shaper without getting better gear first, re-coloring to put in ele focus would certainly be a nice boost. 6B and 5B1G are both really easy colorings to hit, so it isn't a big deal at all to swap when you want to farm shaper, then swap again when you want to go back to mapping.

You can also force-chill with chilled ground. There's no threshold for that. Aquamarine flasks, arctic breath, arctic armor, whatever. Probably isn't worth trying to do that though. If you don't do enough damage to chill, and you really want to fight shaper, I'd just re-color.

Edit: Just imported you into PoB. The cold portion of your minimum damage hit is enough to chill shaper. You're fine.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Feb 14, 2018, 1:29:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info