[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
For the guys having issues with survivability here's a few comments. Firstly, I would highly recommend getting Whispers of Doom passive and use CWDT-ImmortalCall-TempChains-Enfeeble. You will notice a big increase in survivability. Second, if you're using elemental focus take it out and only swap it in on bosses as it stops you from chilling and freezing mobs (which is another form of defense). Shattering mobs will also protect you from certain on death effects and won't leave behind corpses for detonate dead mobs to play with. Thirdly, playstyle is the biggest factor - until you acquire the gear to roflstomp the game you MUST stay behind your totems.

You got some points there but cannot deny the fact the build doesn't have much defensive nodes in its tree. By reaching to whispers of doom means i will have to sacrifice 4 points somewhere else.
I am running cwdt - immortal call - enfeeble but basically like I said earlier, got 1 shot by high crit physical damage.
I don't put elefocus in my link because i know the chill and freeze from damage is just another layer of protection for me to escape in case of danger.
Hi guys, at what level you suggest to change wands for daggers?

I'm level 41 now and if I change wands to daggers, the dps goes down 2x times. Also, at what point is is worth switching controlled destruction to increase critical?

Thanks in advance.
"
myhaohao94 wrote:
"
For the guys having issues with survivability here's a few comments. Firstly, I would highly recommend getting Whispers of Doom passive and use CWDT-ImmortalCall-TempChains-Enfeeble. You will notice a big increase in survivability. Second, if you're using elemental focus take it out and only swap it in on bosses as it stops you from chilling and freezing mobs (which is another form of defense). Shattering mobs will also protect you from certain on death effects and won't leave behind corpses for detonate dead mobs to play with. Thirdly, playstyle is the biggest factor - until you acquire the gear to roflstomp the game you MUST stay behind your totems.

You got some points there but cannot deny the fact the build doesn't have much defensive nodes in its tree. By reaching to whispers of doom means i will have to sacrifice 4 points somewhere else.
I am running cwdt - immortal call - enfeeble but basically like I said earlier, got 1 shot by high crit physical damage.
I don't put elefocus in my link because i know the chill and freeze from damage is just another layer of protection for me to escape in case of danger.

I'm running Tier 10 maps and i only died once in a map sofar which was in Poorjoy's Assylum.

Of course i died in other places like boss fights and labyrinth traps but my point is compared to other builds this build is rather tanky.

I now have 4.7k life and 1.7k mana which is not the highest this build can go but i feel very safe.
Is void battery by far and away the best unique wand for swap for this? Is Piscators any good? Any others?
"
taosk8r wrote:
Is void battery by far and away the best unique wand for swap for this? Is Piscators any good? Any others?

I suppose a couple of Void Batteries certainly wouldn't hurt this build. It is a very strong wand for casters.
As for Piscator's, you may as well weirld a two-handed mace, for all good it would do here. It's a wand for Barrage and Vaal Power Siphon. It's not meant for spells.
"
Sigge1981 wrote:
"
taosk8r wrote:

I suppose a couple of Void Batteries certainly wouldn't hurt this build. It is a very strong wand for casters.

So you would want a pair, a single one wouldnt help so much?

I looked at POB and it seems to say dual VB isnt extremely better than a good pair of divinarius blades (assuming my POB noob ass has everything configured right), so I just might go for that now, even though I *could* afford the VBs, idk..
Last edited by taosk8r on Dec 18, 2017, 12:31:58 AM
"
Hi thi3n, Thank you for the guide. I found this Is it good?
And i'm looking to some upgrade.
I have completed elders and some t14 maps flawless.
Your scepter is good. I go over in very high detail in the gearing section on what stats to prioritize for your gear. Upgrades will depend on what you have currently, what you plan to accomplish, and what you feel you are lacking. In general you'll want a good amount of effective HP for bossing (7K + between hp and mana). For efficient mapping look to optimize things like attack speed for your movement ability.

"
Shaper down boys :)
Congrats, looks like a lot of success is being had with this build!

"
Anyone have any comments about going for "Force Shaper" on the passive tree? It's 5 points right next to "Doom Cast" which would add 71% Physical damage as well as 10% increase Chaos damage and an extra 5% physical damage as chaos damage.
My suggestion is to just try it, it's only 5 regret orbs if you don't like it. 5 nodes for "increases" in damage doesn't seem worth it as there are a lot more valuable nodes. It's worth noting that the extra damage as chaos will work with your atziri flask leech!

"
Building your build in Abyss atm, got my char to lv85. Core gem was a 5l and damage has never been an issue for me. But the survivability is lacking, especially when dealing with high crit physical damage. I am staying at around 3.5k hp with 600 energy shield and 1400 mana. I am running essence worm but other items also got decent hp.
For level 85 that amount of HP is quite low. Are you using Kaom's Roots? Are you using a shield with life? Are you using rings/helm/gloves/belt with life? Have you picked up jewels with 7% life? Have you stayed true to the life nodes in the tree (don't overlook those life nodes under Mind over Matter!)

"
The Immortal call suggested to attach to CWDT. How do you build up endurance charges? I can't see anything in the build that would.
It works even without endurance charges. You can use Enduring Cry for life regen and endurance charges if you want. But you'll be immune for a very short amount of time (.4 seconds) even without endurance charges.

"
I often die because of simple phys dmg that I cannot handle. I should try to play more passive behind my totems I guess.
Playstyle adjustments and getting a bigger HP/Mana pool can help. I can't give you specific play tips because I can't see how you're playing but try and catch my stream and see what I'm doing and maybe you can glean some info from that! twitch.tv/thi3n

"
Alright so I'm starting to push Maps now and I'm finding that I just randomly start taking damage over time, probably bleeding damage or something, but enough that it takes me from full life down to zero very fast. Of course when it happens I start flailing and often can manage to heal up and get out of the combat zone but I don't take the time to check my debuffs to see exactly what is causing the damage. Any suggestions? How often can Immortal Call occur anyways? I've leveled it up a bit with the concept that I want the health threshold to be higher so that it doesn't trigger on a small amount of damage thus causing it to be on cooldown when a larger burst comes through. However Thi3n suggests keeping it at level one, so I'm not sure because obviously he's the more successful one here haha.

Do you guys think it's bleed damage, because it seems like a lot of damage for a DOT?

And yeah like someone else mentioned, I also need to start playing more defensively and staying behind my totems more. I think the problem I have is that 90% of the time I'm safe pushing more aggressively, then there's just random unique mobs with certain combinations of abilities that really put me in my place. So it's hard to go slow 100% of the time when you only really need to 10% of the time lol.

I had hardly any cast speed until recently and I was amazed at how big of a difference the cast speed makes. It really increases your survivability because your Cascades are hitting more mobs more often and slowing/killing them when they would otherwise reach you. It's a lot more than a simple increase of DPS that's for sure.
Burning ground, poison ground, shocked ground, chilled ground, and bleed will destroy both your HP and your mana if you are standing in it. Be weary of map mods and make sure your game settings can see these things on the ground!

Cast speed is indeed valuable. You'll notice that I put it as a stat priority in a lot of my gear recommendations and as well as saying that it's on equal footing as multi for jewels.

"
Double curse setup and the two most defensive curses in the game is QUITE strong! Spot on advice with ele focus as well. Make sure you read the gems people! A big part of the benefit of shooting walls of ice is the fact that they can freeze (and if you're using Phys to Light they can shock!) There are certain limitations as to how much damage you need to do in order to get the freeze/shock and it has to do with the % of the monsters health that you damage. Since we're rarely getting that much damage against shaper/bosses that's why ele focus is recommended for boss swapping only.

"
Hi guys, at what level you suggest to change wands for daggers?

I'm level 41 now and if I change wands to daggers, the dps goes down 2x times. Also, at what point is is worth switching controlled destruction to increase critical?

Thanks in advance.

"
I strongly recommend not using wands! I mention this in the guide many times in many sections for multiple reasons. The biggest reason is the absence of movement abilities when using a wand. Fortify and the Instruments of Virtue Ascendancy rely on an "attack". These two things provide huge DPS (the cast speed is enormous) and the survivability is % based (think of it like a LESS multiplier for the damage you're taking!). As a former Diablo player - I feel like both Whirling Blades and Shield Charge "feel" clunky when compared to things like Flame Dash/Lightning Warp but get used to using them!
this really looks like update for this build? :-)

Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel Yesterday
5% increased maximum Energy Shield
5% increased maximum Life
4% increased maximum Mana
31% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
Adds 65 to 99 Cold Damage while affected by Hatred

this is from poe.trade, but looks like super rare to get both aura effects work with the same aura
Hi,

Anyone could take a look at my profile and give some tips? I do know i still need 6L and Kaom Roots (cannot wear due to low STR). I do think I'm dying too much, I've tried to bought more defensive gear, I'm playing really careful, but it's just happens, even at tier 5-6 maps. All suggestion are welcomed. Thank you.
Any tips on working in Tukohama's Shield? I'd have to abandon MoM correct? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info