[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
One thing that I considered / wondered about is that with the double summoning of totems, will it make curse management a little easier since you would be summoning 2 or 3 times versus 5+? Thereby using less time to deploy all the totems and then applying one curse removal ... 1-2-3 done! And if including the support gem, if it works like I hope with a triple totem summon (one extra from the ascendancy and the third from the gem), you could have 6 totems with two casts, then clear any curses.

It's also worth mentioning that Kikazaru + Self Flagellation is a combo used to bypass having to flask off curses. Also there's Atziri's Reflection for the ultra rich!
First of all, thanks for the aweseome guide.

I want to start with frostbolt totems in Betrayal and switch to GC once i get to high maps / for endgame bossing.

What do i need to change for frostbolt?

Is there anything i need to change besides not get any of the phys damage scalings (hatred, stat sticks etc.) and add the two frostbolt jewels?

I don't know if something similar got posted already. If this question already got asked, im sorry.
I want to thank you for this build and then report you for excessive use of show/hide Spoilers. :p

Seriously, is there shortcut to open all of them?

thanks
Last edited by aymanzone1 on Dec 7, 2018, 12:57:01 AM
Everybody is saying that the multiple totem isn't worth it with hiero cause of the loss of the support gem + the 21% less damage, bringing up in front the argument that 5 Totems without the multiple totem but with support gem deals higher dps than 5 totems with the multiple totem but without support gem.

I really love to see the math comparing comparable situation.

Same build, just swapping the extra support and the multiple totem, making a 5 totem with support versus a 7 totem without support.

If you consider having in both case all your totem down on the map (i know you don't always have all your totems up but just take a theoretical situation), would the dps be really lower or not?
Last edited by Tomymoonly on Dec 7, 2018, 3:55:03 AM
I searched in the comments, but couldn't find anything in the first 10 pages: how this build perform in u-lab at early levels? Safe? Glass Cannon?
possible to switch GC for winter orb without any change in the skilltree ?
"
First of all, thanks for the aweseome guide.

I want to start with frostbolt totems in Betrayal and switch to GC once i get to high maps / for endgame bossing.

What do i need to change for frostbolt?

Is there anything i need to change besides not get any of the phys damage scalings (hatred, stat sticks etc.) and add the two frostbolt jewels?

I don't know if something similar got posted already. If this question already got asked, im sorry.
Not sure on frostbolt, I would assume all the non phys stuff is fine.

"
I want to thank you for this build and then report you for excessive use of show/hide Spoilers. :p

Seriously, is there shortcut to open all of them?

thanks
was done intentionally to keep the post clean and make it easy to get to the section you want

"
Everybody is saying that the multiple totem isn't worth it with hiero cause of the loss of the support gem + the 21% less damage, bringing up in front the argument that 5 Totems without the multiple totem but with support gem deals higher dps than 5 totems with the multiple totem but without support gem.

Same build, just swapping the extra support and the multiple totem, making a 5 totem with support versus a 7 totem without support.

If you consider having in both case all your totem down on the map (i know you don't always have all your totems up but just take a theoretical situation), would the dps be really lower or not?
I would say try it, there's really not that much opportunity cost to trying it and seeing if it performs better for you.

"
I searched in the comments, but couldn't find anything in the first 10 pages: how this build perform in u-lab at early levels? Safe? Glass Cannon?
one of the best league starters there is IMO!

"
possible to switch GC for winter orb without any change in the skilltree ?
They are different spells. Winter Orb isn't Phys converted it's also a projectile not area spell... they want different things.

"
thi3n wrote:

"

I would say try it, there's really not that much opportunity cost to trying it and seeing if it performs better for you.

I'm on it sir! that was my idea, i ll gave you my view on it.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
shrunn57 wrote:
I tried it with soul mantle as recommended, but I hated the curse management. At the time I looked around and the cheapest 6-link that helped the build was carcass jack. So I've used that for a while. You lose a support gem but get some support-like affixes on the chest.

I've really liked this setup, as I can't often place more than 4 totems at a time effectively, so 4 seems to be enough. This build allows me to kill more bosses safely than I have with any builds other than possibly juggernauts.

Carcass jack is changing in 3.5 (increased AoE), though I'm not sure if that really helps or not.

I understand that you don't like the draw back from curses, but just get a anti curse flask and you'll be fine :)

um - they said they hate curse management - which the flasks are. I agree that it's tedious and I would never play hardcore as forgetting to flask even once is very bad

Just wanting to point out that Soul Mantles extra totem health is nearly as important to me as the extra totem it offers. The totem health is very useful as without it I feel that totems die way too fast, especially on ele reflect maps.

I've done a few Soulmantle builds and honestly, it's not that bad once you get used to it. The chances are you guys are putting Warding on the wrong flasks. You need Warding on flasks that won't ever end before their designated timer. Like if you have Warding on a Health flask that's a bad idea. I originally rolled it on my Mana flask because I figured I'm spamming my Mana flask pretty regularly, the thing is when your mana fills up your immunity to Curses ends because the flask effect ends when your mana fills. However if you get it on your Silver or Diamond flasks, those flask effects *always* last the designated 6~ seconds meaning you'll be completely immune to Curses for those six seconds. For mapping there's basically never going to be a time when your Diamond flask isn't up -- and if it isn't up you're losing out on DPS so you should make it a habit to try and keep your damage flasks up at all times anyway.

I have similar reasoning for always having Staunching on my life flask. Chances are if you're bleeding your also need to heal, or if you need to heal it's because of heavy bleeding. If staunching was on any other flask I would need to trigger my life flask to heal from the bleeding as well as whatever flask has staunching to *stop* the bleeding.

Little things like this can make a big different at end game. I'm by no means a pro at Path of Exile though, this is just something I've learned.
Last edited by Defiants on Dec 7, 2018, 4:52:54 PM
After looking things over post-patch, I'm convinced that soul mantle is the only way to go now.

Good advice to put warding on the diamond flask. However, diamond only has 40 charges (2 uses) if you want 6 seconds. Can get three uses with 4+ second timer. Seems like you'll be out much of the time, so still dealing with lots of curses. Unless you actually use multiple such flasks, which adds more complication.

For me having to worry about that during map runs is not any fun. I can and do handle such complications during boss fights with many builds, but I can't stand the grind unless things are easier than that in maps.

I think my only hope is atziri's reflection :-), but since I can't even afford a 6-link soul mantle that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info