[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
TGGarrett wrote:
"
Perce79 wrote:
"
TGGarrett wrote:
Can we get a map (t16) clear video? thanks
Also, how do you think this will do with the Delve dungeon?

I made a video of a T15 Reef I did on flashback. I was telling a friend who obsesses over FOTM builds that GC totems still holds up, and he disagreed.
https://youtu.be/yLBg_kd3uz8

Thank you! I played this build back when it was originally made, I am just having a hard time remembering how it was with clear speed and vaguely remember something like dropping totems and moving on hoping they clean up the trash.

Seems like this build may be good for delve

as a league starter, definitely, it is far from meta already now and it will be ez to gear until t15.

i will start delve with it but watch for new exploit-meta and probably switch. but only because i have played GC totems thousands of hours already.
"
RushBone wrote:

as a league starter, definitely, it is far from meta already now and it will be ez to gear until t15.

i will start delve with it but watch for new exploit-meta and probably switch. but only because i have played GC totems thousands of hours already.

I have never been a fan of switching to the new hotness build due to the exorbitant prices for the gear (unless I manage to catch it quick enough).

Well... that and leveling another character. Maybe if the build was able to run on a Scion since that seems to be a relatively flexible class. Also, I have no desire, nor the time, to compete on the delve leader boards
Last edited by TGGarrett on Aug 20, 2018, 4:42:31 PM
"
TGGarrett wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:

I have never been a fan of switching to the new hotness build due to the exorbitant prices for the gear (unless I manage to catch it quick enough).

Well... that and leveling another character. Maybe if the build was able to run on a Scion since that seems to be a relatively flexible class. Also, I have no desire, nor the time, to compete on the delve leader boards

I played 2 months of Incursion only one GC Totems char and dare to say that I brought this build to its high end - that's why I fancy to try something else. I still love GC Totems and I'm sure they are still really TOP fun.
Believe me, the perfectioning of this build is rewarding - you can invest even up to 200 exalted orbs and the improvements from each upgrade will be always noticeable.
I definitely recommend this build to anyone who didn't play it for at least 300 hours :)
I'm interested in trying a totem build for next league, but I really dislike playing with Soul Mantle.

Is there an alternative unique that could somehow help balance the damage loss of 1 less socket & 1 less totem ?
If not, how much damage should I expect to lose by using a 6-link rare instead ?
"
thomzon wrote:
I'm interested in trying a totem build for next league, but I really dislike playing with Soul Mantle.

Is there an alternative unique that could somehow help balance the damage loss of 1 less socket & 1 less totem ?
If not, how much damage should I expect to lose by using a 6-link rare instead ?

A lot? No alt chest I know that offers the same exact extra link and extra totem. You may want to look and see if there is a shaper/elder mod that adds supported by spell totem skill

The curses are easy to manage with one curse removal flask (health one maybe with the minor god that refills them)

Also the builds creator says in the FAQ "I always encourage people to make the build their own. All of my guides are just that, guidelines. Take what is useful and apply your own ideas and create ways to make it work for your situation."
Last edited by TGGarrett on Aug 22, 2018, 4:40:21 PM
"
thomzon wrote:

EDIT: I realize you asked about uniques (infernal mantle, loreweave, etc) so you can go ahead and try any of the caster unique chests, but all of them are going to cost you at least 15% per totem - add in the extra totem for SM and you're talking more than a 30% dps loss.

You can make up a lot by using a Shaper or Elder chest corrupted with two good mods. For example there is an Elder chest for trade that looks like this:

"
Rarity: Rare
Loath Wrap
Sharkskin Tunic
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 1057 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
Dex: 152
--------
Sockets: R-B-G-B-G-G
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
+2 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems
43% increased Damage
--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
69% increased Evasion Rating
+107 to maximum Life
+29% to Cold Resistance
+30% to Lightning Resistance
5% increased Dexterity
--------
Corrupted
--------
Elder Item
--------
Note: ~b/o 300 exa

300 exalts! Even with this chest, my current Flashback guy would go from 99k dps *5 totems with Soul Mantle to 107k * 4 totems. So in a perfect scenario thats a 15% loss of DPS, not including any of the DPS you'd lose from curses or gain from self-flaggelation. Plus youd have to find one corrupted to white or the exact slots. Godspeed! Of course, you gain a lot only needing 4 totems, as Thi3n originally explained for Inquisitor before the Hierophant changes - much easier to keep up 4 in hectic boss fights and it costs less mana to use, giving you more life.

You can also try for Tukohama's which will allow you to match or surpass the DPS of many stat stick or spell damage shield wielders. But that requires you to skip all mana nodes and force life nodes... and well... dead men do no DPS.
Last edited by Perce79 on Aug 22, 2018, 10:39:35 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I understand the curses are easy to manage, it's not a difficulty issue, I just don't like it :-)

So I'll do another build, no worries !
How do you go about calculating the DPS for this guide? Is this a build where PoB for GC can be trusted (so essentially 5 x the listed DPS == close to 1mil)?
this build has almost no limit:
uber elder can be killed with 4-5ex on softcore without godlike mechanical skills
each further investment even in steps like 1-2ex there will be noticeable up to hundreds ex
and even after investing 200+ exalted it will still be possible to go higher

example of a good geared character is the GC_Totems_Boi in my profile. enjoy
"
RushBone wrote:
this build has almost no limit:
uber elder can be killed with 4-5ex on softcore without godlike mechanical skills
each further investment even in steps like 1-2ex there will be noticeable up to hundreds ex
and even after investing 200+ exalted it will still be possible to go higher

example of a good geared character is the GC_Totems_Boi in my profile. enjoy

Can PoB be trusted with the numbers? Yeah I imagine a character that has HH does quite well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info