[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
HighBlow wrote:
maybe i expected too much since i alaways had good experience with liftings builds ,but since i poured so much in it will give it a try with your suggestion , what curse do u think it would scale better - frostbite or proj weakness?

I do have Frostbite linked up with Ball Lightning, but I have to admit I'm a bit lazy about using it, so I can not attest to the usefulness. Frankly, I just don't feel the need. I can handle most packs pretty easily without it.

On bosses, I do use the Orb of Storms/Power Charge on Crit setup which Lifting suggested in the build and it does work pretty well.
Hey there i kinda like this build, but got some problems now.

The Boss dps is just kinda low, is there any way to improve it?

Actually i play with 3 totems and selfcast Frostbolt in another 5 Linked Setup to have mor boss dps. But i was thinking to switch on 4 totems and get more utility gems in my chest.

I play 13-15 maps atm.

Using a Occultist chest, but also have a belly in stash.

I want to buy the Pandemonius soon, i got the currency, but its so expensive. After i bought it i should switch my cold penetration to hypothermia, but against bosses i wont get any more dps right? And seriously trash isent a Problem.

I was think about using, cast on dmg taken 14 immortalcall 16 increase duration 20/20 and molten shell 18. Just for having more suvivability.
What do you think?

In chest i would use Lev 20 flame golem, Projektile weakness 20/20, vaal haste 20 and increase duration 20/20 and maybe Rallying Cry for more dps.

So i would lose my selfcast forstbolt, but have 4 totems and more utility.

And a question, do your totems also die so fast? Its so annoying against projektile enemys.

So what are your thoughts about this and how to improve the boss dps, maybe switch gems?

Thanks for helping guys.
Hi guys, Im new and thought this build looked cool so I am giving it a shot. when the gems have (lvl9) after it, does it mean to just keep it at lvl 9 and not upgrade it anymore? is there a way to remove the lvl up popup if thats the case?
Thanks for the help. Im lvl 42 and powering along right now, I really like pet builds and the totems are kinda like that so its quite fun.
"
deadfncat wrote:
Hi guys, Im new and thought this build looked cool so I am giving it a shot. when the gems have (lvl9) after it, does it mean to just keep it at lvl 9 and not upgrade it anymore? is there a way to remove the lvl up popup if thats the case?
Thanks for the help. Im lvl 42 and powering along right now, I really like pet builds and the totems are kinda like that so its quite fun.

Yep, just right-click on the + sign on the pop-up, and they'll go away. You can always get to them by going back to your inventory screen; they'll be along the bottom there.

Also, you'll not want to go as fast as you can to the levels listed since cast while damage taken is based on the life chunk you lose on hit. At first, you may want a lower hit to trigger that (maybe only 500 damage vs 1500 damage, or whatever). Check the cast while damage taken gem; it'll say what max level of spells it can cast. You'll want to keep golem and immortal call at the level it says it can cast (generally slightly higher than the cwdt, I think?). Level up the increased duration, as it doesn't matter (it's a support). When you're ready to bump it up a notch, level them all up, gain xp on them, then decide if you want to keep increasing their level, or want to stop until you get a bigger health pool.
Last edited by Mallahet on Aug 17, 2017, 9:35:11 PM
For those that are criticizing the build, just watch Lifting's video build guide......He is literally melting stuff in maps.....So if it's not working for you, then it's got to be something you are doing wrong.,...It's not as if he photo shopped those videos lol
Just noticed that Flame Golem is kept at level 10 in the guide. What is the reason for this? Mine is level 17 atm.

I also accidentally leveled CWDT and Immortal Call to level 10 and 11 respectively, is this an issue too?
[double post, sorry]
Last edited by Non_Drifter on Aug 18, 2017, 1:46:29 AM
Hello, love this build so far. im at lvl 62 HC. Are there any other weapons you recommend if the staff is bit to expensive. Maby a 1h + shield?

kind regards
if you cant afford the taryn 6L invest the points from the guide in other points like shamanistic fury and cold damage nodes, im running dagger setup and gonna evade the staff node for the moment, when i have the 6L with taryn gonna respect
@ Oriasayten: This build would never be a Boss Killer. You clear the map, usually without the Boss, then next Map.
If you want a Boss Killer, or Uber Lab farmer just reroll.
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info