Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Somebi wrote:
Died and entered teleport. In town experience lost, but i'm alive.

Second bug with memory. Out of memory information while loading locations.

Turning aura ON and unequip aura skill from item, doesn't turn it OFF.

Heard about aura animation disappear in water or something like that.

Not only is this not the way to report bugs, this is a spelling errors thread. :)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
The name for level 41 daggers is "poinard" (the name of a defunct French auto-maker), which should be "poniard" (a pointy French knife), or "poignard" (if you want to be super-French). In my experience, "poniard" is the preferred English spelling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poinard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poignard
For in-game text and dialogue, we have settled on using NZ/British spellings. Ergo, "civilisation", "despatch", "sceptre", "colour", "to-MAH-to", etc.

I think the Alira's usage of "mana" is fine.

Google search for "poniard": 367,000 hits
Google search for "poignard": 5,600,000 hits
--> Poignard it is. Even if it is "super-French".
Code warrior
O_O
Just realized its sceptre and colour.
Canada ftw... Sorry~
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
"
Rhys wrote:
For in-game text and dialogue, we have settled on using NZ/British spellings. Ergo, "civilisation", "despatch", "sceptre", "colour", "to-MAH-to", etc.

I think the Alira's usage of "mana" is fine.

Google search for "poniard": 367,000 hits
Google search for "poignard": 5,600,000 hits
--> Poignard it is. Even if it is "super-French".

Hah! Totally cool with that. I just winced every time I saw a "poinard" on the ground. (Although I'll note that if you search for pages in English, it's much closer at 375k vs 379k for me.)
"
Hypatian wrote:

Hah! Totally cool with that. I just winced every time I saw a "poinard" on the ground. (Although I'll note that if you search for pages in English, it's much closer at 375k vs 379k for me.)

I get

"poinard": 71,600 (and asked if I meant poniard)
"poniard": 372,000
"poignard": 1,870,000 (and pictures)
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Now I do, too. O_O Apparently my machine at work gets different google results than my machine at home.

Yay, consistency! Anyway, poignard is good. Apparently that was used in Diablo as well.
Tarklabargle's new speech about the necromancer appears to be using the wrong apostrophes.
The text description of the quest 'The Way Forward' reads, 'Tarkleigh wants you to find the path o the Emperor's Road' (instead of 'on the Emperor's Road', presumably).
"
Ythir wrote:
The text description of the quest 'The Way Forward' reads, 'Tarkleigh wants you to find the path o the Emperor's Road' (instead of 'on the Emperor's Road', presumably).

Was just about to post this.
I actually think the 'o' is supposed to read 'to'.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on May 10, 2012, 4:58:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info