Spelling mistakes and typos

Yeena's elementals speech.

The last word "Man" shouldn't be capitalized.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Nessa's reopened passage

There's an "enter" in her text that shouldn't be there.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Thanks for the reports, guys!

I've fixed most of these. Yeena has an unusual way of speaking, so she has some things capitalised that normally wouldn't be, such as "Spirit" and "Man". "Spike" refers to Maligaro's Spike, and is left with a capital letter.
Code warrior
In Eramir's dialog about reopening the King's Road, he refers to Greust as Gruest.
My unique items need fixin'.

There's a few punctuation errors and a lack of consistency for some things. This whole British vs American English thing is becoming confusing.

1)Single Quote vs Double Quote
Unavailable
Unavailable

vs
Unavailable

Some quotations have single quotes as in Silverbranch and Vaults of Atziri. Then there's Quill Rain with double quotes. I don't care which you choose, just pick one and be consistent.

2)Rigvald and Vrygwald
Unavailable
Unavailable

Are these the same person? If so, why the 2 different spellings? If they're different people, why not give one of them a different name? The names can be pronounced very, very similarly depending on the dialect.

3)Misplaced Period
Unavailable

The period at the end of 'motto' should actually be at the end of 'justice'.

4) Supported by x Level skill... top or bottom?
Unavailable
Unavailable

vs
Unavailable

This one isn't related to spelling or grammar, but while I'm on the subject of consistency... I believe Moonsorrow should have it's 'supported by level 5 blind' mod shifted to the top. Afterall, every other item in the game that has a mod relating to skill gems displays that mod at the very top.

5)To Capitalize or not to capitalize? To quote or not to quote?
Unavailable

Consistency! Where's it at? Again with the double quotes, but this time you have double quotes within double quotes! One of them should be single quotes. But the quote marks within quote marks brings up another question.. why are 'faster' and 'attack' in quotes but not 'Marak' and 'Ezo'? Also, another question, why are 'Marak' and 'Ezo' capitalized but 'faster' and 'attack' are not? This one hurts my head.

6) Extraneous Period
Unavailable

Why is there a period at the end of 'Glarryn'? There's also a period at the end of 'Emperor' on Voll's Baptism. However, 'Atziri, Queen of the Vaal' on Vaults of Atziri has no period at the end, nor does 'Vrygwald of the Ezomytes' on Quill Rain, nor 'Hyrri of the Karui' on Silverbranch. I need consistency!

7) 'Sealion' on Marohi Erqi should be two words, not one.

Edit:

8) Missing Period
Unavailable

There needs to be a period at the end of 'manipulate'.

9) Since British English is the correct form in the game.. shouldn't the punctuation at the end of a quote be outside the quotation marks?

Last edited by FaceLicker on Sep 15, 2012, 12:14:17 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I didn't want to look through all 17 pages. You guys used the incorrect form of "Defense" in the menu, you used the word "Defence"
"
FaceLicker wrote:
My unique items need fixin'.

1) Standardising on double quotes.
2) Standardising on Rigwald.
3) Fixed.
5) Faster and attack now use single quotes. Marak, Ezo and Karui are capitalised because they are proper names (languages).
6) 7) 8) Fixed.
9) Not if the punctuation is part of the quote.

"
Ghostflower wrote:
the incorrect form of "Defense" in the menu, you used the word "Defence"

Defence is the British spelling.
Code warrior
In the text before you decide to help or kill Alira, the mana amount is 30 instead of 40. I don't know if there are differences between the difficulties or leagues in relation to this, but this was in Hardcore, Normal.
"
Rhys wrote:

5) Faster and attack now use single quotes. Marak, Ezo and Karui are capitalised because they are proper names (languages).
Proper names, huh? That makes sense. I thought Marak and Ezo were just the Karui words for faster and attack, a direct translation. That's how the quote reads. I get it now, lol.
to the left of blood magic there are 2 "two weapon stun" nodes. they both do the same thing but one has the word "weapon" in it and the other doesn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info