Spelling mistakes and typos

https://i.imgur.com/Trs4c5x.png

Irasha
"Trading"

Text: an agreement
Voice-over: some agreement
Last edited by LyennDelShey on Jul 22, 2020, 6:13:26 PM
Control Blocks tileset in world and maps - "BUNDLE" has now transformed into "BINDLE".

I like bindles.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
Faerwin_ wrote:
you should probably sticky this and ask that every spelling mistakes spotted are to be reported here.

great jobs brother
ARTEFACT VS. ARTIFACT

Both of these spellings are used in various places in the game. This strikes me as somewhat wrong, so I did the research for you as to which to use.

The English word comes from Italian artefatto. There is no direct Latin antecedent, but it would probably be arte factum or factum arte ("thing made from art"), which clearly has no "e" anywhere in it.

"Artifact" is considered acceptable as a variant in Australian English. It is standard in American and Canadian English. Presumably the Australians followed the logic behind the naming of their "Labor" Party. In British English, "artefact" is the only correct spelling. I was not able to find a freely accessible dictionary of New Zealand English, but based on the frequency data below I strongly suspect "artefact" kept its exclusively preferred status.

"Artefact" can be found in:
  • Deal with the Bandits: quest reminder text, flavour text for amulets of Kraityn and Alira
  • The Way Forward: quest reminder text
  • Kishara's Star: Weylam dialogue
  • Love is Dead: Clarissa dialogue
  • The Wings of Vastiri: Hargan's dialogue
  • Polished Scarab flavour text: Bestiary, Reliquary, Breach, Divination, Perandus, Cartography
  • Kitava's Torments: quest reminder text
  • The Vaal Letter found in Reclaimed Barracks and Secluded Canal
  • Petarus and Vanja dialogue
  • Bestiary Lures
  • ...and more!

"Artifact" can be found in:
  • Museum Map Shaper text
  • Alva's Jun dialogue
  • "Museum of Artifacts" incursion room name
  • Navali text "Ancient Rivalries"
  • The Shaper's Memory of Home fragment (disabled quest item)
  • ALL HEIST LEAGUE PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL

So I'm guessing most of these typos are being made by recently-hired American programmers, but pretty please can we not have Heist release with it spelt wrongly? That might actually cause real inconvenience for people when searching for them online.
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
Last edited by hexadecima on Sep 2, 2020, 9:14:56 PM
Elemental Focus and Charged Mines have the same support gem letter- Specifically, a capital "F" with the color blue, making them indistinguishable.
Blazing Salvo gem reads "Targeting further away..."

It should read "Targeting farther away..."

Flavor text for Contract: Enoch's Whereabouts has a typo: "Lost touch with a mate of mine when she got recruited into some secret squad. Just want to see how he's doing."
"
RAMENhameha wrote:

Flavor text for Contract: Enoch's Whereabouts has a typo: "Lost touch with a mate of mine when she got recruited into some secret squad. Just want to see how he's doing."

Just expanding off of this a bit, Huck's dialogue and VO both label the character with male pronouns.

Faustus, the Fence is not translated. While playing with german language, the speech AND displayed text is english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info