[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
Bimor89 wrote:
Ok so a little update now that I'm semi-lvled and what can i say

Shaper down at lvl 78!:
https://imgur.com/a/VUgiJ

Not deathless because I'm not so used to whirling blades but still had a few portals left. It never felt so stressless and i killed him only 3 or 4 times before <3 ty TS for this awesome build
I admit I don't have budget gear but it can be done with less dps
The gloves were self crafted with screaming essence of contempt for about 15c investment

Very very nice, thanks for sharing! ;)

Also, for future reference. When uploading pics to imgur, get the "share link" for BBcode next time:

Last edited by corosou on Sep 5, 2017, 9:21:31 AM
"
Cicida wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I'm not new but I am new to melee characters and the endgame content in general.
I guess the only thing I'm concerned about is "how much" of a tradeoff the survivability vs damage is going to be. I do like the fact I can take a hit or two with my FB AW dude, but he simply can't clear very fast or do shaper/guardians particularly fast either.

Tough choice. I'm leaning towards claws though :) I'll post my success if I do go with your build!

Yes it really comes to personal preference. I for example just hate dying, despite playing in SC. I really hate dying to random stuff or generic non-oneshot boss hits. Even though i try to plan my characters for specific parts of the game (uberlab, killing bosses or mapping), I end up doing everything on them and do a complete build.
I would say the damage capability of this build for endgame is good. Not too high (just saw a 2h heavystrike build 4hit a Guardian^^) but then again for the tankiness this claw build provides it's really good. I'm still amazed by it when you stand in the middle of two Harbingers spawning monsters in a T16 Map and just ask yourself how the hell you are surviving this. I made it from lvl 78 to 80 on rare hydra maps without dying once. That's the point for me when i don't care about being slower than other builds.
Last edited by Bimor89 on Sep 5, 2017, 10:31:37 AM
"
corosou wrote:

Very very nice, thanks for sharing! ;)

Also, for future reference. When uploading pics to imgur, get the "share link" for BBcode next time:

All probs to you :)

thx I edited it :P
Just a heads up for people worried about Blade Flurry Lab Rolls on helmets.

If your using Scourge, this is now a viable helm type until you get the attack speed (if that's what your going for). Still get about 40% increased damage :)

Is Starkonja's good JUST because of the base attack speed on the helmet itself? Wondering if it's worth moving rares around to get the resists to handle another unique in the build or not :)

^^ That MIGHT be a stupid question. Never used that helmet before, so not sure if the attack speed is all everyone is after on it.
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Sep 5, 2017, 11:19:03 AM
"
Bimor89 wrote:

Yes it really comes to personal preference. I for example just hate dying, despite playing in SC. I really hate dying to random stuff or generic non-oneshot boss hits. Even though i try to plan my characters for specific parts of the game (uberlab, killing bosses or mapping), I end up doing everything on them and do a complete build.
I would say the damage capability of this build for endgame is good. Not too high (just saw a 2h heavystrike build 4hit a Guardian^^) but then again for the tankiness this claw build provides it's really good. I'm still amazed by it when you stand in the middle of two Harbingers spawning monsters in a T16 Map and just ask yourself how the hell you are surviving this. I made it from lvl 78 to 80 on rare hydra maps without dying once. That's the point for me when i don't care about being slower than other builds.

Thanks for the feedback!

"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
Just a heads up for people worried about Blade Flurry Lab Rolls on helmets.

If your using Scourge, this is now a viable helm type until you get the attack speed (if that's what your going for). Still get about 40% increased damage :)

Is Starkonja's good JUST because of the base attack speed on the helmet itself? Wondering if it's worth moving rares around to get the resists to handle another unique in the build or not :)

^^ That MIGHT be a stupid question. Never used that helmet before, so not sure if the attack speed is all everyone is after on it.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Starkonja question has been asked before. Has good life, evasion goes to armor, sorely needed dex, attack speed (always one of the highest priorities for both BF and Whirling blades), it's a cheap unique (which I will always prioritize in my builds over boring raw stats expensive rares), and the evasion rating in low life goes to your armour too, so it helps you be just a tad tankier when low life, which is not a bad thing. Entirely replaceable with whatever you deem more appropriate.

Also, let me once again reiterate something to everyone reading..

Experiment yourself, try different things, don't take my word for it, don't take anyone's word for anything!

Question everything I have done! BUT, don't just lazily post a question because you don't understand a choice; first read through the thread and look for an answer, if you can't find it, then think carefully about the possible reasons why I may have made said choice (believe me, I have tested in-game every single piece of gear listed and have gotten feedback from the community on pretty much all of them already), and if you still have a question or disagree, please try to make a valid argument. If you don't, I'll probably just dismiss the comment outright.

EDIT: Here's an example of why anything you want to try you really MUST plug into PoB to see the actual numbers:

That is a 100% GG roll (practically impossible to acquire), and it doesn't look that impressive tbh...
Last edited by corosou on Sep 5, 2017, 12:30:57 PM
Why The Scourge instead of a high pDPS rare claw?

Is it because "Increases and Reductions to Minions also affect you"?

But then I'm confused why aren't good minion support gems are socketed into The Scourge. Like Minion Speed Support, Minion Damage Support, Conc Effect/Increased AoE, Faster Attacks, etc. Wouldn't those be great picks?
Last edited by makaveli158 on Sep 5, 2017, 12:52:53 PM
"
makaveli158 wrote:

But then I'm confused why aren't good minion support gems are socketed into The Scourge. Like Minion Speed Support, Minion Damage Support, Conc Effect/Increased AoE, Faster Attacks, etc. Wouldn't those be great picks?

already asked, already answered scroll back
"
corosou wrote:
"
makaveli158 wrote:

38 pages, I got a game to play
"
makaveli158 wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
"
makaveli158 wrote:

38 pages, I got a game to play

That's why!
You would either need a 2.0 attackspeed claw with 330 Pdps or a 340+ Pdps claw with lower AS for the same dmg.
If you look on POE-Trade they go for 200c+
So you would need to spend a couple of hundred chaos for a minor dps upgrade. There are even 390 Pdps claws for over 1000c which would be a 5% total dps upgrade.

Edit: Well by browsing through Poe-Trade this is a 15% total dmg upgrade for only 8600c :)
Last edited by Bimor89 on Sep 5, 2017, 3:14:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info