[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

what would i invest if i the money was no subject?

1) two 6link bows for skill swap.
- one setup with mirage archer (or volley if one likes that) for better AOE clear + Ele proliferation (all these shocks/freezes/ignites will add up)
- second one with Conc Effect and other single target support of choice

2) shaper/elder items. top-end:
- ring with 'curse on hit' (of choice - all 3 are nice) and life/crit multi/proj damage. this will cost A TON.
- quiver with 'adds an arrow' and great stats + +arrow corruption. unless you get 2 arrows from quiver, signal fire will be better
- The Gull + good enchant. The Gull is a very underrated item that is pretty strong in a fun way (unlike headhunter that will turn any noob into a god)
- (Abyss only) new Lich jewels with aura of your choice will be a very nice damage boost
- Chayulla jewels - for a seamless generation of charges of your choice

other than that - jewels with crit multi + multi with lightning skill + life + 4th stat, 21/20 or 20/23 gems

if you play in Standard: legacy Wise Oak and (very rare) 2nd generation legacy Chin Sol - with new damage stats AND with WED roll implicit

I've tried the Impulsa chest (shocked enemies explode) and while it is nice - i couldnt see a clear speed increase. you can also use Haemophillia gloves (if you follow my route and leave 10% phys damage) for nice blood-splosions. alas - the clear speed increase is barely visible and you need to replace the life roll from gloves
Hi I was just wondering if you had a picture of your skill tree?
Hey, i'm planning to try this build out in HC SSF as I found a Chin Soil before I died and this seems an interesting build.

Total life % seems a bit low for my own taste, so If i wanted to pick up the whole Sion wheel what should I drop? My own thought was to drop some of the jewel slots, Primal spirit, the two int nodes (and trying to get the int on gear if possible :s), and kill all the bandits for two more passive points (and getting more resistance on gear).

Tree would look something like this
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAsAANkACwIAAGmbjQgu7YMZjgBe0359df6673ruDiP2TZKNfTB8UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqpjb8FtejWIuoyAbIZz3ph63pTwuy0xWKsbIydqjY962MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNlVLYeImlRa_Vvp3138r_W5-3Xj5jbnjn2egh3ZKfRR1pMJbryF2hs7BMxqNWyZ_-xX9jYHBoHgZb1dOKkz_QzHawXTtBS167y5T02-Nfre2dcvqYr6nZU29Nkd-hNkB3HfjqW7AGm87eA218jWS2L3-j03jplc64fJF_goAAAAAAA==

It has 223% total life at level 93. I might drop the two small evasion/life nodes, as my aim was 200-210% life.

Secondly for me Added cold seems to add more damage in PoB then PPAD (Like triple the amount). With this set-up wouldn't Yoke of Suffering be an amazing item for this build, with it's two unique affixes of 'Elemental damage can shock' and 'enemies take 5% increased damage per Ailment on them (It works as a multiplier). Considering we have fire damage for ignite, cold damage for slow (Added cold does enough damage to apply a minimal slow to everything including shaper with good gear or some Added cold to attack on a ring or some jewels), shock from all elemental damage, and bleed. Yoke of the Suffering would give a nice 20% modifier and extra damage from a very strong shock effect (As you seem to do large slow hits)

Lastly why did you chose that armour? Isn't a Belly of the beast or a Yriels fostering better? or even just a good rolled rare chest?
Last edited by Tortunga on Jan 17, 2018, 2:25:52 PM
well, i do not play HC and as such i do not put much thought into it. current life total (5k+ HP) is good enough for pretty much everything game has to offer - including end-end game. my gear i use is pretty mediocre and i do not mind it

this is not a min-maxed extreme whatever build guide. i do not do such builds, nor care about extreme efficiency

it is a BUDGET build, with BUDGET goals. budget builds that farm shaper in 10 sec/phase are in 99.5% cases abusing something uterly broken. this build does not so it wont facerol with this budget

why this chest? because i had it conveniently under my cursor and wanted to experiment with leech rates and recovery rates. it was fun and it had high AR/EV that i wanted.

new version uses Lightning Coil - because it is pretty much the best phys reduction chest in the game (excluding one-of shaper/elder stuff that noone normal can afford)

and build does enough damage to not need damage from chest slot. sure, Yriel or Impulsa' are great - but why more damage? In fact i presume that clear speed and general fluidity would come from chest with movement speed, not damage
Sid you mentioned that quiver with +arrow might be better than signal fire... what about signal fire with +arrow?
thats a nice rhetoric question ofc - signal fire with +1 arrow is as close to auto-pick as you can get

There are shaper/elder quivers with +2 arrows (one from corruption and one from regular mods) but i doubt these are 'go to' choices. Shrapnel Shot is not benefiting from arrows that much really.
So, I played your build in the Harbinger league and with some changes to fit my playstyle I even managed to kill the shaper. (is it possible to link a character?)
So last league I tried some other bow builds but they felt kinda meh compared to this, so I guess I'm addicted to shrapnel shot.

Any Ideas for improvement with the reworked ascendency? or still Farshot->Endless munitions->Rupture->Fast and deadly.

maybe swap the last two because of the doubled acc?

And what do you think about using mirage archer?
Oh and any thoughts on Shroud of the lightless?

will try to at least reach the uber elder fight this season :P
Last edited by Moonkingdom on Feb 26, 2018, 2:50:41 AM
Well. The changes are pretty good. I havent yet thought much about them but ill definitely keep the bleeding node (30 hp on hit is crazy good).

Other 3 choices are fair game.

Glad youve liked the build :)

Mirage archer.. im not sold on it but it is a very nice gem for low content clear if one has a spare 6 link (or good weapon swap). From my experience it wasnt consistent enough to clear 100% of mobs so i still had to manualy kill straglers. It looks cool tho..

edit: my thoughts on Shroud of the Lightless? RMT item that you would need to be EXTREMELY lucky to get in 3.2 so better forget about it. maybe you can get it in standard (but check the prices, costs more than +1 end HH). forget this item exists
Last edited by sidtherat on Feb 26, 2018, 4:30:55 PM
"
Shrapnel Shot now converts 50% of Physical Damage to Lightning Damage (up from 40%).

are there any good ways to keep the conversion below 100% for rupture?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info