[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

@Azpers:

Playing this build in HC is possible but it requires some tweaks.

Artic Armor is a must have and you should sacrifice a few damage nodes for more eHP and/or other defense stats such as block. Mind over Matter might be a good idea aswell. Last but not least i would consider taking Sanctify & Pious Path ascendancy perks.

Made a quick HC tree (prolly not 100% optimized):

3.1 HC tree

Make sure to use 2x leo crafted rings with "20% faster start of energy shield recharge" each, it will increase your survivability massivly.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Jan 9, 2018, 11:57:16 AM
Hi guys. I am interested in an update to the Ball Lightning build for 3.1 and if possible with a variation for a Scion?
@DarkllAngel:

Heyo! Just updated the guide a few minutes ago.

I can not recomend to play this as Scion. While that would be possible, you would lack of elemental pentration, wich would be hard to compensate.
Thanks so much. This build is a lot of fun :) Got me back into the game.
@DarkllAngel:

Nice to hear that, you are welcome!

May your journey be a good one, exile.
I have a few questions.

What links do you suggest? I'm currently sitting at 82.69% crit with full power charges. Looking at PoBs sorting for increased damage it says Ctrl. Destruction > Faster Casting > Crit Damage with bothFaster Projectiles and Slower Projectiles with Elemental Focus. But I guess it doesn't take the lightning bolts from Choir of the Storm into account and not the multiple hits per ball either. Inc. Crit Strikes would put me at 98.57% crit chance, if I combine it with Ctrl. Destruction it would put me at 96.44%.

My seconds question is, how important is increased Aoe? I have skipped 2x 8% on the tree.
@Kamelkungen:

Greetings!
I assume you are calculating this with active Diamond Flask, this isnt up all the time on high life bosses, so better calculate with Diamond Flask'less numbers.

In that case 75-80% crit on full pc appeared to be the magical point for me, where stacking more crit was outnumbered by other stats. On 85%+ crit on full pc CD might be worth getting considered.

The most powerful setup (not after PoB, but testing in multiple Shaper runs) i used so far contained:

Ball Lightning - Inc Critical Strikes - Elemental Focus - Spell Echo - Arcane Surge - Slower Projectiles

Spell Echo can be swapped with Faster Casting (less casting lock and almost the same damage). As mentioned earlier, with waste crit amounts, CD might be bigger than Arcane Surge.

AoE is medium important, it wont show on PoB either but increase DPS anyways. The reason: enemys will get hit by balls that are further away. On top of that clearing maps will be faster for the same reason.

While you could skip thoose 8% aoe nodes, i'd recomend to grab them.

What i can NOT recomend is to grab the passive perk "Blast Radius".

Area damage wont apply to Ball Lightning in any way. You need 3 points to grab it and gain a total of "16% increased AoE" and "30% area damage". This effectivly means you spend 1 point per 5% aoe. Better grab only the 2 small perks there for 8% inc aoe per point.
Last edited by onlyjb on Jan 16, 2018, 2:36:23 AM
hi i planning to make this build. can u tell me min es requirement for each equipmet to reach around 6-7k es. One more thing, if i want to use dual void battery( really cheap in abyss) what movement skill should i use
Last edited by Ayam1414 on Jan 16, 2018, 10:07:46 AM
@Ayam1414:

Heyo!

Check my gear and tree - this setup provides 6.5k ES currently.
Gear & tree (character: StayBallLightning)

With dual Voidbee's you are forced to use either Lightning Warp or Flame Dash. Both are not considered tier 1 movementskills, both have their own pro's & con's.

While Lightning Warp can be used frequently and over big distances, it takes rather long before you leave your current position. Flame Dash is an instant blink (awesome to dodge stuff) that can yield 3 charges maximum and got a somewhat small range.

I´d recomend you to test both and find your personal favourite. Be aware that both will require waste amounts of cast speed to function properly on higher maps. 5% cast speed on every jewel is a good idea anyways.
"
onlyjb wrote:
@Ayam1414:

Heyo!

Check my gear and tree - this setup provides 6.5k ES currently.
Gear & tree (character: StayBallLightning)

With dual Voidbee's you are forced to use either Lightning Warp or Flame Dash. Both are not considered tier 1 movementskills, both have their own pro's & con's.

While Lightning Warp can be used frequently and over big distances, it takes rather long before you leave your current position. Flame Dash is an instant blink (awesome to dodge stuff) that can yield 3 charges maximum and got a somewhat small range.

I´d recomend you to test both and find your personal favourite. Be aware that both will require waste amounts of cast speed to function properly on higher maps. 5% cast speed on every jewel is a good idea anyways.

ok thanks boss for your advice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info