[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

@geoing00:

Heyo!

While i am pretty used to cast my OOS here and then, many people dont like that playstyle. For thoose people i am mentioning the boot enchantment "0.2% mana/life leech if you've killed recently" twice in the guide.

0.2% may seem to be low, but it is fairly enough for mapping. Only reflect monsters and bosses still require you to cast OOS with it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
I made some substantial changes to my build, thought I'd get some more feedback. Mainly changed out some gear and Mind over Matter, but also tweaked the passive tree a bit. I' m wondering what else I could do to increase DPS and HP. I still have issues with certain map bosses, even Alira in Shaped Spider Forest if there are two or if she has the damage modifier. Gear and pastebin are below! Any feedback/tips would be appreciated

https://pastebin.com/5cnuS072

@Zand:

Heyo!

You seem to miss the core build concept: reduce your projectile speed as much as possible. As far as i see you tried to reach maximum PoB numbers.

While PoB is an awesome tool for 99.9% of all builds, it is not able to properly calculate the effect of extreme slow Ball Lightning projectiles. The tooltip will always be displayed as you would hit 1x per cast. With a Slower Projectile gem and "45% reduced Ball Lightning speed" enchantment on your helmet, you will reach a total Ball Lightning projectile speed of 28%. Thats crazy slow. Your balls will hit atleast 5 times against static enemys.

Flat added lightning damage will only occur with 20% of its value to Ball Lightning. Added Lightning Damage Support is rather weak tho. Better go for Slower Projectiles Support.

Once you have a decent crit multiplier, Added Critical Damage Support will loose in damage vs Elemental Focus (dont know the exact numbers, guess about 250% multi would be enough to use EF).

"
But JB, with Elemental Focus i can not shock anymore :o

The rather low single (but frequent) hits from BL will not apply a suitable shock or chill effect on bosses. For mapping, the Lightning Bolt's from Choir of the Storm will cover thoose effects much stronger anyways - with pretty big single hits.

Another huge upgrade would be a Diamond Flask here. Crit builds gotta crit.
I'd also say Silver Flask > Quicksilver Flask as the main movement should be Whirling Blades. Silver provides cast speed on top aswell. If you are in love with Quicksilver, roll movespeed onto your Silver flask.

For more HP you can try to drop some lesser lifenodes and the path to them. I calculated a lot of variants and figured out that the big center lifewheel got the best cost/effect balance for me. I did not study your tree several hours like i did with mine, but i guess you can safe a few points with the lifewheel aswell.

I hope that was enough feedback for today, enjoy your journey exile! :)
Last edited by onlyjb on Oct 13, 2017, 6:20:42 PM
"
onlyjb wrote:
@Zand:

Heyo!

You seem to miss the core build concept: reduce your projectile speed as much as possible. As far as i see you tried to reach maximum PoB numbers.

While PoB is an awesome tool for 99.9% of all builds, it is not able to properly calculate the effect of extreme slow Ball Lightning projectiles. The tooltip will always be displayed as you would hit 1x per cast. With a Slower Projectile gem and "45% reduced Ball Lightning speed" enchantment on your helmet, you will reach a total Ball Lightning projectile speed of 28%. Thats crazy slow. Your balls will hit atleast 5 times against static enemys.

Flat added lightning damage will only occur with 20% of its value to Ball Lightning. Added Lightning Damage Support is rather weak tho. Better go for Slower Projectiles Support.

Once you have a decent crit multiplier, Added Critical Damage Support will loose in damage vs Elemental Focus (dont know the exact numbers, guess about 250% multi would be enough to use EF).

"
But JB, with Elemental Focus i can not shock anymore :o

The rather low single (but frequent) hits from BL will not apply a suitable shock or chill effect on bosses. For mapping, the Lightning Bolt's from Choir of the Storm will cover thoose effects much stronger anyways - with pretty big single hits.

Another huge upgrade would be a Diamond Flask here. Crit builds gotta crit.
I'd also say Silver Flask > Quicksilver Flask as the main movement should be Whirling Blades. Silver provides cast speed on top aswell. If you are in love with Quicksilver, roll movespeed onto your Silver flask.

For more HP you can try to drop some lesser lifenodes and the path to them. I calculated a lot of variants and figured out that the big center lifewheel got the best cost/effect balance for me. I did not study your tree several hours like i did with mine, but i guess you can safe a few points with the lifewheel aswell.

I hope that was enough feedback for today, enjoy your journey exile! :)

Awesome, appreciate the feedback!

I played around with slower projectiles support but felt too vulnerable against bosses. I didn't realize it was a core build concept so I decided to play around with other supports. Survivability is still a bit of an issue with certain bosses, even with 5,900 HP and 1,000 ES, so I try to keep my distance. The other problem is what to do with the extra green slot when I'm not using slower projectiles? I don't think faster projectiles is as strong as some other supports.

Will definitely swap out Quicksilver flask for a Diamond or Silver, been meaning to do that. How much HP do you recommend to start working on guardians?
Last edited by Zand on Oct 13, 2017, 6:33:32 PM
Zand:

6k+ effective HP with Vaal Pact should be enough to leech against the damage of most bosses till T15. Make sure to dash through them from time to time - Fortify is op!

For your clear setup Faster Projectiles is only superior when your damage is high enough to annihilate trash mobs anyways. In that case you just annihilate them even earlier with Faster Projectiles. It is necessary to have "45% reduced Ball Lightning projectile speed" to use it. Otherwise your projectiles would become too fast, resulting in too less hits.

Before you reach that stage, try Culling Strike. It will provide cast speed (with quality) + execution effect.

To go for guardians i recomend 6k to 6.5k life minimum.
Last edited by onlyjb on Oct 13, 2017, 6:37:38 PM
"
onlyjb wrote:
Zand:

6k+ effective HP with Vaal Pact should be enough to leech against the damage of most bosses till T15. Make sure to dash through them from time to time - Fortify is op!

For your clear setup Faster Projectiles is only superior when your damage is high enough to annihilate trash mobs anyways. In that case you just annihilate them even earlier with Faster Projectiles. It is necessary to have "45% reduced Ball Lightning projectile speed" to use it. Otherwise your projectiles would become too fast, resulting in too less hits.

Before you reach that stage, try Culling Strike. It will provide cast speed (with quality) + execution effect.

To go for guardians i recomend 6k to 6.5k life minimum.

Awesome man thanks, appreciate the quick responses. I'll try out some of these recs and report back
Last edited by Zand on Oct 13, 2017, 7:58:17 PM

Im lvl 64 dont have issues only with the lags.
Last edited by x4linx on Oct 16, 2017, 10:42:50 AM
HI!

I just played as spark until 69 but it isnt that good. So i discovered your build.
switched some gems and it looks really fun.

So, 1 question:
My first thought was:Why dont you use dual curse setup? (at least for mapping)

Windsream boots
Tempest Binding with: HoI - CoH - Warlords Mark - Assassings Mark

So you dont have to use orb of storms + more damage from HoI in Tempest Binding.
You lose some Resists and life on boots though

Best,
S.

"
Seltn wrote:

Why dont you use dual curse setup? (at least for mapping)

Windsream boots
Tempest Binding with: HoI - CoH - Warlords Mark - Assassings Mark

At last i took the dual curse node in the passive tree. Projectile Weakness provides a lot more damage compared to Assaines Mark. I only use it against heavy bosses and i cast it manualy.

The reason is simple: i dont need further damage in maps. Even T16 beyond uniques explode left and right already.

Your setup should work for mapping just fine. Against bosses HoI + CoH is useless for sure and it can be problematic to generate Powercharges.
Last edited by onlyjb on Oct 19, 2017, 10:59:26 PM
I am interested in part of this build, but don't want to give up my mapping skill since it obliterates maps (Sparker Inquisitor), but generally sucks for bosses. I've already cleared shaper and guardians on the atlas so I don't care about them much.

My skill tree is all but identical to this build.

Have you ever tried your single target setup on weapon swap (6 link staff)? Or even cast while channeling storm burst + ball lightning on weapon swap?

It seems the only thing I would be missing is the helmet enchant (I have a uber spark enchant). I would lose shield charge, and cwdt + phase run on weapon swap to staff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info