[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hello,

New player here and loved your videos and concept... cant be killed by something that is stunned.

As a new player though I have a bit trouble following the logic TO the end state. Another build I followed for my crit based inquisitor had a mini part of the guide showing 'how to develop to the end' covering a few sample gear over the levels until the 'final state' and some interim pastebins as well..

Do you think you could give some advice for 'mid points' of the build?

Like what to aim for till level 35 (some sample gear for that level and pastebin of up to that part), what to aim for level 50 (and as above), what to aim for around 70 (and as above).

That way it gives a bit of guidance for those of us not used to getting there in a few days...

Thanks in advance.

PS> Fully understand if you cant be bothered due to time commitment but really hoping you can :D
Let justice be done though heavens should fall.
Last edited by Arcona_RPG_GR on Apr 12, 2018, 11:30:08 AM
Is Scion best of the best right now? Also is this build viable with jugg or not enough offence makes it bad choice?
Last edited by TheZotikRus on Apr 12, 2018, 7:43:54 AM
"
Arcona_RPG_GR wrote:
Hello,

New player here and loved your videos and concept... cant be killed by something that is stunned.

As a new player though I have a bit trouble following the logic TO the end state. Another build I followed for my crit based inquisitor had a mini part of the guide showing 'how to develop to the end' covering a few sample gear over the levels until the 'final state' and some interim pastebins as well..

Do you think you could give some advice for 'mid points' of the build?

Like what to aim for till level 35 (some sample gear for that level and pastebin of up to that part), what to aim for level 50 (and as above), what to aim for around 70 (and as above).

That way it gives a bit of guidance for those of us not used to getting there in a few days...

Thanks in advance.

PS> Fully understand if you cant be bothered due to time commitment but really hoping you can :D

It's not easy to give pastebins for leveling as there are different strategies for different situations.

Generally, you should be using Sunder. Item-wise, Tabula and Goldrim are two good ones that you can use till level 70-ish (they are totally optional if you don't want to buy them).

For weapons, I just use the best one that I picked up while leveling; you can use any 2 handed weapon and avoid mace specific passives or you can use mace exclusively and pick mace passives early on. There are a number of good leveling unique maces and if you have the currency and want to spend the effort into trading, basically all of them is good. (search "list of unique maces" in poe wiki and see their pDPS.)

For other item slots, I either fill them with uniques in my stash or just use whatever I picked up while leveling.

Passive tree should be pretty obvious in my opinion. I have a level 70 tree showing the key nodes for this build. Basically, this build just needs damage, attack speed and max life early on, and picking the right or wrong nodes won't cause too much trouble.

The only recommendation I would give is to prioritize passive clusters near Duelist start and prioritize Resolute Technique; those are some of the most efficient nodes.

There seriously isn't any synergy that we must make use of while leveling (just like playing a generic physical build); just remember to cap your resists, get a big enough life pool and build up your DPS with a good weapon and passives that increase either damage or attack speed.

Those are all I have in mind when it comes to leveling. Usually for experienced players the leveling process is so short that we don't bother finding a "more optimal" way to level. If you have any more specific questions I would be happy to answer them.
"
TheZotikRus wrote:
Is Scion best of the best right now? Also is this build viable with jugg or not enough offence makes it bad choice?

Scion is not a bad choice but I like Berserker better if you want a fast and aggressive version of this build. Slayer can also clear pretty fast with either Heavy Strike or Flicker. So I wouldn't say Scion is the best choice, I think it's slightly behind Berserker and Slayer targeting most content.

Jugg is bad if you're picking Resolute Technique. If you're for example going for the crit Starforge version that I also highlighted on a Champion, then due to the downside of Abyssus it will have similar survival compared to Berserker, similar DPS if well geared but much lower stun capability. Overall due to the difficulty in finding good crit gears it's just much much more straight forward to play Berserker. (Also non crit builds perform better while clearing.)

So I don't see much point to pick Jugg. Berserker and Slayer are the ones that I recommend the most. Scion can be a good choice if you want good clear speed and mobility and don't want Berserker's downsides in survival.
How important is the 1% regen from Oak. I didn't check the updates too carefully and took skills as zerker instead of Oak. Is it worth it to start over?
"
tzhuang wrote:
How important is the 1% regen from Oak. I didn't check the updates too carefully and took skills as zerker instead of Oak. Is it worth it to start over?

It’s pretty important in the end-game as we need that much regen to compensate for the degen from blood rage and Berserker rage stacks. An alternative is to use Stone Golem, but due to limitations of gem slots it’s sometimes not too ideal.

So here are some options:

1. You can start over if you’re still at a low level and want this more straight forward solution.

2. You can spend some currency to change bandit rewards. Just look it up on poe wiki (I think it costs 20 or 30 regrets). Remember that It’s fine to pick 2 passive points instead of Oak, since it’s only going to matter after reaching end-game and having a 6-link for Damage on Full Life. So you can always just keep leveling and spend some currency to switch to Oak later on.

3. You can just use Stone Golem if you do have a spare gem slot.
This is probably my favorite build out there and I'm looking forward trying it again in the upcoming race/league. I still need to get Tidebreaker, though, even if Brain Rattler does the job in a certain way
Hi

First of all thx for your effort of submitting your build. I see your latest gear reflects tombfist gloves, how to you cater fo rthe knockback now, or is there something I am not getting

thx
Rob
"
undeadfiend wrote:
Hi

First of all thx for your effort of submitting your build. I see your latest gear reflects tombfist gloves, how to you cater fo rthe knockback now, or is there something I am not getting

thx
Rob

Tombfist as well as other rare gloves should be good options only when you're well geared and are not clearing with Heavy Strike.

Knockback is not a problem with AoE clearing if Heavy Strike is not used, and is also not a problem against endgame bosses like Shaper or Guardians (because they are all knockback immune).

So it's mostly only problematic to switch out Empire's Grasp when you are fighting map bosses or other powerful unique mobs.

If you're well geared, you can afford to knock those bosses back and follow them after each attack (you just need to namelock the boss and you will automatically follow them). It won't feel as good as the boss fight experience with Empire's Grasp, but again, if you're well geared, those red map bosses are going to die so fast that it won't matter too much.

So the decision is about sacrificing map boss fight experience for some extra stats. If you're already overwhelming map bosses, it can be a good idea to switch out your Empire's Grasp.
Thx so much for your reply, any chance you can have a look at my char and give me some advice
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/undeadfiend/characters

Thx again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info