[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
HunterMoon wrote:
Yeh you are right, i forgot about that.
So my DPS with no flask is 423K and with flasks 761K. I still missing +1 frenzy charge on boot and curse on gloves.

BTW what is maximum hp you can get with slayer?

I think I had around 7300 hp. It really just depends on how many life nodes you take.

I think most people can achieve my dps and life with some effort, my gears are no where near perfect; but you do need to spend some time to get some of those uncommon items, for example the jewels I have.

My weapons are pretty good though. The mirrored rare mace and the corrupted Tidebreaker with Stun support implicit. But of course you don't need any of these, and in my videos I just used an ordinary Tidebreaker.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 17, 2017, 4:39:50 AM
Hey all! So i ve been trying this build and going good using sunder so far and 6 link tidebreaker up to t12 maps with bad gear! deg some potentials in this build love the stun mechanic!

Been playing the berserker version and i wanted to ask if i use the blood rage my hp is not full,it is a little bit below so i believe that damage on full life will not work correct? so which gem would be the best alternative ?
"
Cloud_69 wrote:
Hey all! So i ve been trying this build and going good using sunder so far and 6 link tidebreaker up to t12 maps with bad gear! deg some potentials in this build love the stun mechanic!

Been playing the berserker version and i wanted to ask if i use the blood rage my hp is not full,it is a little bit below so i believe that damage on full life will not work correct? so which gem would be the best alternative ?

Actually, although it shows that your life is slightly below maximum, damage on full life will work. It's just a display bug.
"
brightwaha wrote:

Actually, although it shows that your life is slightly below maximum, damage on full life will work. It's just a display bug.

Can you explain?

When I fight bosses with my 5L Tidebreaker (trying to 6L my second one now) I leave multistrike in, and swap out ancestral call for bloodlust. I don't take out multistrike for damage on full life because, well... I'm never at full life in these more difficult fights.
"
Gseybold9 wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

Can you explain?

When I fight bosses with my 5L Tidebreaker (trying to 6L my second one now) I leave multistrike in, and swap out ancestral call for bloodlust. I don't take out multistrike for damage on full life because, well... I'm never at full life in these more difficult fights.

So if you're just staying at hideout and you cast Blood Rage, you will notice you're at, for example, 4996/5000 life. This is a display bug and your Damage on Full Life gem is actually working.

Generally speaking, besides some exceptions, if you can stun the boss, you will be at full life. And the reason you don't stun them is probably that you are keeping your Multistrike. Stunning is all about damage per hit, so as Multistrike gem provides 30% LESS damage instead of 50% MORE damage from Damage on Full Life, your attacks are actually as likely to stun as if you were playing with a 4-link.
Hmm.. would a Juggnernaut be viable?
I’d imagine it’s questionable when you’re stunning enemies most of the time which would counteract the instant max charges of endurance, but with its 1 additional, immortal call could prove more valuable or scrap it completely, grab the other endurance charges in the tree for the 70% extra damage from tidebreaker and the damage from the juggernaut itself.. and of course your belt of preservence fortify - the damage from Juggernaughts fortify would welcome it..
Thoughts?
"
Folroth wrote:
Hmm.. would a Juggnernaut be viable?
I’d imagine it’s questionable when you’re stunning enemies most of the time which would counteract the instant max charges of endurance, but with its 1 additional, immortal call could prove more valuable or scrap it completely, grab the other endurance charges in the tree for the 70% extra damage from tidebreaker and the damage from the juggernaut itself.. and of course your belt of preservence fortify - the damage from Juggernaughts fortify would welcome it..
Thoughts?

I think it's a common mistake to overestimate the power of "increased damage". Both my Berserker or Slayer have over 750% increased damage according to Path of Building and that means 70% increased damage is just as effective as 9% more damage(in other words, if you were doing 100 dps previously and with 70% increased damage you would be doing 109 dps).

And Berserker ascendancy gives 40% more damage...

I think because Berserker just deals overwhelmingly more damage than Juggernaut - thus is better at stunning, which is our most reliable layer of defense - we can say that Berserker should be a better option in general.

Also from my experience, this build really doesn't need more physical damage mitigation, so we can't really make use of what Juggernaut is good for.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Gseybold9 wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

Can you explain?

So if you're just staying at hideout and you cast Blood Rage, you will notice you're at, for example, 4996/5000 life. This is a display bug and your Damage on Full Life gem is actually working.

Generally speaking, besides some exceptions, if you can stun the boss, you will be at full life. And the reason you don't stun them is probably that you are keeping your Multistrike. Stunning is all about damage per hit, so as Multistrike gem provides 30% LESS damage instead of 50% MORE damage from Damage on Full Life, your attacks are actually as likely to stun as if you were playing with a 4-link.

So... I'm socketing heavy strike - melee physical - ruthless - damage on full life - and bloodlust into my 5L, and I'm having more trouble stunning bosses around T10-13.

Specifically the Mesa boss comes close to killing me - can't stun him at all... Any ideas? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
"
Gseybold9 wrote:
So... I'm socketing heavy strike - melee physical - ruthless - damage on full life - and bloodlust into my 5L, and I'm having more trouble stunning bosses around T10-13.

Specifically the Mesa boss comes close to killing me - can't stun him at all... Any ideas? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I clicked onto your profile and checked your character; I didnt spot any problem besides no reduced enemy stun threshold on your belt.

My character in Abyss league is pretty poorly geared, very similar to yours but even worse; but I am not having problems stunning.

I’m actually not sure what’s wrong here. Maybe something to check is your playstyle? Did you keep your totem up most of the time, as well as frenzy charges, Blood Rage, etc?

To be honest, with your setup I won’t be surprised if you tell me you can stun tier 15 bosses easily.
Only one questions that i want to ask.

1 BERSERKER OR SLAYER?

2 For mapping , molten strike+ ancestral or sunder ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info