[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Duplicate post, please ignore.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 10, 2017, 8:24:09 AM
Hi, congrats for the excellent build. As Slayer, when should i take the Vaal Pact? in the beginning or later? Will Vaal Pact work fine with Bood Rage? Thanks
"
Dahrsermant wrote:
Hi, congrats for the excellent build. As Slayer, when should i take the Vaal Pact? in the beginning or later? Will Vaal Pact work fine with Bood Rage? Thanks

From my own experience, it's very difficult to rely on leech early on, because of 1. low damage compared to our own life pool; 2. You should be getting Endless Hunger only after finishing cruel Lab; 3. Lack of sources of "% of damage leeched as life". So I think generally you should take Vaal Pact after at least lvl 60.

Vaal Pact, Blood Rage, Damage on Full Life, Endless Hunger, CWDT + Immortal Call and Soul of Arakaali make good synergies with each other. You will be recovering more than half of your life per second with your leech(lasting many many seconds after you stopped hitting), which covers the loss of hp from Blood Rage and keeps Damage on Full Life active.
Hi, is it possible you can post paste-bin urls for path of building? I didn't see any in your OP.
"
coatofarms wrote:
Hi, is it possible you can post paste-bin urls for path of building? I didn't see any in your OP.

My path of building urls are hiding inside the Current Gears section. I will likely move that out in the near future so it's easier to find.
ty
Hello there

I am playing a Slayer in Abyss league, and for now i am using Sunder to progress (im lvl 55)
I have a mace with 220 phys dmg right now and something like 9k dps with sunder, and I am going to buy a new one with 350+ phys dmg (since they re not too expensive)
Looking around in poe trade I found some maces with 450+ phys dmg
Our unique Tidebreaker is around 400 phys dmg, so my question is: is a rare mace with 500+ phys dmg better, or is the Stun concept more important ??
Last edited by LiberAlley on Dec 11, 2017, 12:22:13 PM
"
LiberAlley wrote:
Hello there

I am playing a Slayer in Abyss league, and for now i am using Sunder to progress (im lvl 55)
I have a mace with 220 phys dmg right now and something like 9k dps with sunder, and I am going to buy a new one with 350+ phys dmg (since they re not too expensive)
Looking around in poe trade I found some maces with 450+ phys dmg
Our unique Tidebreaker is around 400 phys dmg, so my question is: is a rare mace with 500+ phys dmg better, or is the Stun concept more important ??

If you look at my items, I have a mirrored rare mace with 800+ phys damage(standard league), while I still use Tidebreaker for single-target. There are several reasons:

1. One of the reasons is actually that my mirrored mace has 5R1G sockets, which is not ideal. With one green socket, Tidebreaker stuns better than my mirrored mace. If my mirrored mace had 6R sockets, then it will be better than Tidebreaker in terms of both dps and stuns.

2. Tidebreaker provides many utilities: endurance charges(which is pretty important), a ton of reduced enemy stun threshold, intelligence; while rare maces don't have these.

3. Tidebreaker is a slow weapon, and high pdps rare weapons tend to be fast(local attack speed). This is important because, let's say A player hits for 100 damage and hits 4 times per second, B player hits for 200 damage and hits for 2 times per second, then generally speaking, B player is better at stunning endgame bosses. If there are two weapons with the same pdps, the one with slower attack speed stuns better.

So I would definitely go with Tidebreaker instead of a rare mace with only 500+ phys dmg. I don't think there will ever be a crafted mirror-worthy rare mace with 800 pdps in Abyss(because mace is not popular), but maybe there could be some certain Shaper/Elder maces that could potentially be much more powerful than Tidebreaker.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 11, 2017, 12:53:21 PM
Gear below. Not sure how you get to 7k health. I'm at 5k health, and having trouble farming uber lab (specifically argus). Any pointers? Going for Kaom's next.

Edit -- Also, how do you manage your mana? I'm constantly running out, and currently using a mana flask.

Last edited by Gseybold9 on Dec 11, 2017, 11:04:48 PM
"
Gseybold9 wrote:
Gear below. Not sure how you get to 7k health. I'm at 5k health, and having trouble farming uber lab (specifically argus). Any pointers? Going for Kaom's next.

Edit -- Also, how do you manage your mana? I'm constantly running out, and currently using a mana flask.

After getting Kaom's you will gain a lot more life, beyond that point to get more life you need to upgrade your jewelries and aim for tier 1 or 2 life roll.

I think Carnage Heart is not as good as a rare amulet for slayer, and you should probably consider replacing that in the future.

As for mana problem, do you actually have any source of mana leech? You need to get mana leech on one of your jewelries, just something like 0.4% damage leeched as mana will completely solve your problem. Ideally you want mana leech on your amulet or rings; it is also possible to get mana leech from passive tree or jewel, but it's sub-optimal for late-game optimization.

Edit: I forgot to answer the uber lab question. Once you are able to stun-lock Uber Iizaro you will never have to worry about Izaro ever again(I think in several months I died to Izaro like once, due to stupidity). Argus really just tests your items. Use multistrike and make use of flasks wisely, Basalt flask should be enough to keep you alive.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 12, 2017, 1:25:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info