[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

yeah i've changed it later though i haven't taken a screen shot because there are a few other new things gear-wise that have been changed since then (some jewels etc.) so i'll have to take all of the screenshots again.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Just want to say Thanks for the guide, having tons of fun! Also, I added the use of Red Nightmare for proc endurance charges and its awesome, 7 frenzy, 3 power and 3 endurance. Got off my butt and used some divs and got the helmet enchant. I hit 84k DPS with cry, totem and all flasks.

Last edited by ZrxLvR on Jun 7, 2017, 1:29:05 AM
Hey there again!

So I figured trying to push to 97 (still 96 dun guffed on a few things were avoidable / connection mishaps)... without playing too much with the tree and ascendancy nodes. I like to share what learned so far:

1) Hexproof maps:
- Herald of Ash (HoA) and Hatred: Great combination as long elemental reflect is not an issue.
- Hatred + Herald of ice (HoI) w/ elemental focus: Superior compared HoA + Hatred, it has a smoother clear speed especially with double beyond + breach. Use this if you have enough crit generation.

*If there's elemental reflect: Run HoI + HoA

2) Enfeeble:
- HoA or Hatred + Assassins mark blasphemy ...

3) Frostblades as a supplemental skill

Headhunter can make any skill great

Pros:
Spoiler
- If you know a rare mob is a volatile and don't want to be oneshotted...it's amazing to have
- Great for mapping (and only mapping!)
- Clears corridors with HoI + Hatred
- Can be used as frenzy generation (especially when I use the bisco's amulet)
- Like freezing bosses T15 and below? this can
- Dps can range from 125 k (hideout) - 800K~ (2-7 million with HH buffs*** results may vary)

Cons:
Spoiler
- Ele reflect
- Can't leech effectiently unless you have atziri's flask
- Need cold penetration to be more effective.
- Flicker strike is still a fast clearer
- You're vulerable to hits
Tree not compatible for uber atziri (yes i tested it). Flicker and Viper strikes IS still superior
- Dont try this on on any breachlord maps

Setup:

Gear:
Spoiler
- Can use the same gems setup and gear priority
or
- 2 x fight for survivable on the bottom right and right side of the tree (optional)

Auras:
Spoiler
Hatred + Assassin (best for crit generation)
Hatred + HoI (best if you have enough base crit 65% with golem)

Gem Setup:

Spoiler
As a Main weapon
- Similar to flicker strike...just swap out the gem + use ( Weapon elemental damage support) for more damage in place of fortify, be advised that you can kill yourself easily on a ele reflect rare, if ToH is not up.

As a weapon swap on 2nd terminus
- Frostblades + Multi + More WeD + Melee physical + Cold Penetration + Critical strike
Last edited by Molochmane on Jun 6, 2017, 5:28:31 AM
This build is crazy fun! I was just wondering how you did guardians and shaper? I switched for Viper Strike but they still kill me.
@AndrewL92
I'm not sure what your gear looks like. In any case personally i'd say that switching to viper strike is only needed for the shaper and not the guardians. Other than that what can i say ... just try to avoid obvious hits, don't forget to cast your totem and try to manage your flasks.

@Molochmane
Looks like a solid variation of the build.

@ZrxLvR
Yup, the Red Dream is definitely a good option
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Does it matter if I'm using jewel with global critical strike chance, critical strike with two handed melee weapons or melee critical? Is there any difference between them in this build?
No, no difference whatsoever. (Though if you intend to use a power charge generator in the form of a CWDT + spell + power charge on crit then the global crit strike chance will apply to that as well.)
Thank you for the answer :)

I have additional question. I have only 95 mana when auras are active (herald of ash, assasin's mark, arctic armour). On boss fights and even on big groups of creatures (however not that often) my flicker is stopping because of lack of mana. I thought it's a problem with mana leech, but i tested it with additional passive skills and jewels with mana leech - problem still persisted.
When I switch off arctic armour everything is fine. I can kill bosses without stopping and waiting for my mana to regenerate. Could you give me some clues? Maybe 95 mana is not enough? What else can it be? It's now much more comfortable and easier to play without arctic armour.
It should be more than enough. Perhaps you were doing a no leech map ?
Could you post a video where you do all the guardians and shaper ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info