[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
Awks wrote:
A big thing to remember is that i am not using abyssus for helmet. With iron reflex i get about 36% damage mitigation off 6k armour completely unbuffed. Here's the fun part:

1)each frenzy charge now grants extra armour instead of evasion

2)lion's roar, arctic armour, fortify.

My armour with lion's roar jumps up to about 15k because the double dipping nodes on the tree. With arctic and fortify it is very easy to reach 80%+ damage mitigation. This is all with my res capped(not with elemental weakness yet, unfortunately). In fact i no longer put up fortify at all unless the map has particularly nasty mods

I can reach 36k armour when using flasks ( Lion roar + Jade ). That's good enough to damage mitigation instead of dodge chance.
"
Snytz wrote:
Why headsman over brutal fervour? I feel the closest I get to dying is because I get chain stunned and since we are always leeching that cannot happen with brutal fervour. Headsman seems good for clearing packs but I feel like we already have enough clear speed.
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Guide needs updated, if that's where you're seeing that. You definitely want Brutal Fervour, always.
"
Awks wrote:
A big thing to remember is that i am not using abyssus for helmet. With iron reflex i get about 36% damage mitigation off 6k armour completely unbuffed. Here's the fun part:

1)each frenzy charge now grants extra armour instead of evasion

2)lion's roar, arctic armour, fortify.

My armour with lion's roar jumps up to about 15k because the double dipping nodes on the tree. With arctic and fortify it is very easy to reach 80%+ damage mitigation. This is all with my res capped(not with elemental weakness yet, unfortunately). In fact i no longer put up fortify at all unless the map has particularly nasty mods

Hi Awks, I´ve been tryin to follow your steps, but keeping abysus becouse the dps and crit chance, but I´m far away from this 70%, can you take a look at my char and give me some advises please! Thanks!
Looking at trying this build.

I map a lot so curious how much this build gets hurt if using bisco+vents? I didn't see a way to fit an IIQ gem in without hurting the build too much.

Really hoping this build can have a decent map clear speed but also facetank guardians. Having a hard time finding a build that meets both of those.

I play in standard if that matters.
"
AtlasNewStart wrote:
Looking at trying this build.

I map a lot so curious how much this build gets hurt if using bisco+vents? I didn't see a way to fit an IIQ gem in without hurting the build too much.

Really hoping this build can have a decent map clear speed but also facetank guardians. Having a hard time finding a build that meets both of those.

I play in standard if that matters.

MF gear is possible on this build (running Bisco's myself). But you may have to switch a few pieces of gear around to get a bit more damage, maybe run a Sin's Rebirth for some extra Damage or have a Ice Golem to set off the missing crit chance. Personally I recommend going for an Inspired Learning jewel on the right side of the tree for mapping too, unless you have a Headhunter of course. Undoubtedly your overall DPS will be a bit lower without damage on rings and ammulet, but still more than enough for mapping.

Facetanking guardians on the other hand should be possible with the gear mentioned in the build. Though flickering on top of a boss feels in general not that save, given all the mechanics the game wants you to dodge. Abyssus makes the Minotaur quite a challenge too.

E: Saw your Windripper. You should be plenty fine for mapping with that kinda gear. For bossing you should consider Steel/Diamond rings and a good damage ammulet. Legacy Abyssus should be in your price range too.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Jan 4, 2018, 3:12:23 PM
Ha. My ripper is exactly what I play the most for mapping.

Just looking for a little different play style, hence looking at this build. Of course that ripper is a glass cannon (huge evasion and insta leech but still) and gets eaten by real bosses like guardians. Pretty sure even with the gear you mention that you can't face tank with that build.

I do have currency to buy legacy stuff if any of that improves this build. Already have the (now legacy) acuity's.

Thx for the response.
The problem for the build lies in the Flicker Strike itself. You are litteraly on top of the boss to do damage. If you want to keep doing damage, you have to stay on top of him. With the various mechanics the bosses and arenas have, being a bit away from that big thing is sometimes the right decision. Just not possible with this build. You lose your Frenzy Charges, Power Charges, Blood Rage runs out and the DPS is gone. So unless you can crank up the DPS past the million mark (which is about perfect gear for this build) so the boss dies fast enough to skip those mechanics, facetanking is to say the least: complicated.

Not to dissuade you from this build, it is a lot of fun and probably exactly what you are looking for in the mapping department. Not in the Guardian department though.

PS: I hate pointing out other builds while in a thread for a specific build, but maybe a Barrage/KB Wander is what you are looking for?
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Jan 4, 2018, 4:25:53 PM
The guide says you can switch out flicker for viper on bosses. Does that solve the issue and make this the type of build I was describing?
While swapping out Flicker Strike for any other green Melee Attack skill that works with swords is certainly possible, your damage will be lower for sure. Lower damage means less leech, means longer fights, means more chance to run out of charges/flasks, means over all less fun.

Now there is no issue that the right gear couldn't fix. Especially with all the Abyss Jewels and Shaper/Elder items going around. I am sure there is some combination of gear and stats out there, that lets you have all the tankines while having decent clear speed even with this build. But at some point it just becomes cheaper and less complicated to roll different characters for different things. I see this build as a mapping build. If I want a boss killer/facetank, I would play something else.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Jan 4, 2018, 9:55:33 PM
I got huge problems with game crashing while playing flickerstrike. i have tried to google for things to do but i cant find anything that actually helps. anyone else have the same problem?
I have lockstep on since some guy said that should help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info