[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Really enjoyed the guide so far, but had a couple of questions. I am over on reservations when I apply my last one (purity of ice). I'll most likely replace the +3 level ring and put purity of fire somewhere else. Is there anyway I can reorder the reservations without having to add two level 4 enlighten? Other than the added max resists from the last purity and a little more energyshield should I even worry about it or just leave it as is with about 200 mana unreserved?

https://poe.mikelat.com/#p5U-yu/xB3l.Cvf/sS0c.Ab5/9b.Np

Oh, wow! Never seen that tool before. Interesting! I would really recommend getting a reservation enchant for your helm for one of the purities (or discipline). That will solve all of your problems. The max res from elemental is so important for tankiness in endgame, especially purity of ice with shaper. Shaper's slam only does like 6k dmg to me, and although I try to dodge it (because I enjoy playing the game and not facetanking everything), you could probably facetank it all if you're outfitted properly.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Really enjoyed the guide so far, but had a couple of questions. I am over on reservations when I apply my last one (purity of ice). I'll most likely replace the +3 level ring and put purity of fire somewhere else. Is there anyway I can reorder the reservations without having to add two level 4 enlighten? Other than the added max resists from the last purity and a little more energyshield should I even worry about it or just leave it as is with about 200 mana unreserved?

Oh, wow! Never seen that tool before. Interesting! I would really recommend getting a reservation enchant for your helm for one of the purities (or discipline). That will solve all of your problems. The max res from elemental is so important for tankiness in endgame, especially purity of ice with shaper. Shaper's slam only does like 6k dmg to me, and although I try to dodge it (because I enjoy playing the game and not facetanking everything), you could probably facetank it all if you're outfitted properly.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look for a helm with the reservation enchant since I need to upgrade it anyway.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I'll look for a helm with the reservation enchant since I need to upgrade it anyway.

Yeah, it's awesome, you can get one of 4 enchants which ups the odds significantly

20 chaos base online right now. Chaos spam until it's 400es+

http://poe.trade/search/onobenohanohut
Greetings, exiles!

I apologize if this question has been raised before, but what do you think of using +3 fire gems bow with Soul Strike quiver (especially legacy one)? Is it viable, and if so, what skill gem set-up would you recommend? Thank you in advance!
Build looks really nice, I think i will try it. I`m newbie and it`s the first time i see scorching ray and it looks like my childhood dream of KAMEHAMEHA will finally be realized.;)

But as I said- I`m newbie and I dont understand many things. Can you tell me when should i start using RF? I guess that on the beggining (without good gear and all the gems) it will only be a trouble for me.
And the second one- how should i spend points on passive tree? Is there any important skill/passive point i should go first? I`m starting new game on Normal difficulty, so maybe it`s not a problem but i dont want to spend points bad and then pay for the refund points;P

Sorry for my English, it`s not my native language.
"
Greetings, exiles!

I apologize if this question has been raised before, but what do you think of using +3 fire gems bow with Soul Strike quiver (especially legacy one)? Is it viable, and if so, what skill gem set-up would you recommend? Thank you in advance!

Your bow would have to have 20rdot on it, and your ES pool would suffer greatly from not having a 500-650es shield with 55int. You'd also be married to lightning warp/blink arrow. I suppose you could make it work but in 3.0 we'll need to get every ounce of ES that can get
Last edited by Ahfack on Jul 19, 2017, 1:07:18 PM
I got a 20 reduced mana reservation helm as you suggested and it allows me to reserve the third purity with around 34 mana left. My concern now was breaking the channeling of scorching ray due to running out of mana. I see from your videos you have around 38 mana. Do you have enough regen per second to where you don't actually run out and break the channel? If so I will try to increase my regen with a high level clarity. It is at 81 mana regen a second.
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
I got a 20 reduced mana reservation helm as you suggested and it allows me to reserve the third purity with around 34 mana left. My concern now was breaking the channeling of scorching ray due to running out of mana. I see from your videos you have around 38 mana. Do you have enough regen per second to where you don't actually run out and break the channel? If so I will try to increase my regen with a high level clarity. It is at 81 mana regen a second.

I use a level 13 clarity, with every level you reserve more and more - it's not a flat % reservation. So figure out what's perfect for you. You can also decrease your cast speed and up your fire/spelld amage as well to help with this. Find the perfect equilibrium
"
toxic992 wrote:
Build looks really nice, I think i will try it. I`m newbie and it`s the first time i see scorching ray and it looks like my childhood dream of KAMEHAMEHA will finally be realized.;)

But as I said- I`m newbie and I dont understand many things. Can you tell me when should i start using RF? I guess that on the beggining (without good gear and all the gems) it will only be a trouble for me.
And the second one- how should i spend points on passive tree? Is there any important skill/passive point i should go first? I`m starting new game on Normal difficulty, so maybe it`s not a problem but i dont want to spend points bad and then pay for the refund points;P

Sorry for my English, it`s not my native language.

Your english is fine! Don't worry about that.

This build is a lot of fun, but no matter what you will be using regret orbs from transitioning from Life into ES. The endgame version of this build is low-life ES no questions asked, but I did a budget life version in LHC and it was very nice and enjoyable. Start using RF at level 65 when you can equip a Rise of the Phoenix shield. Some good life gear for you would be stuff liek:

Besides the belly, all of that stuff cost me about 10 chaos MAYBE, maybe even cheaper. Put your purity of fire either in a +3 unset ring or a +2 fire gems sceptre. Another good weapon to use that you could really use until endgame is Doryani Sceptre, I talk about it on the first page
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:

I use a level 13 clarity, with every level you reserve more and more - it's not a flat % reservation. So figure out what's perfect for you. You can also decrease your cast speed and up your fire/spelld amage as well to help with this. Find the perfect equilibrium

Thanks that makes sense. I guess it's not really viable for me to max the scorching ray stacks. What I mean with the clarity comment was increasing the mana per second enough to account for the channeling mana cost and not break the stack. Anyway thanks again for the guide and answer all my questions so quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info