[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
ok i don't want to wade through the entire 200+ posts and maybe someone else has already posted this, and maybe it is mentioned and someone forgot, however in attempting to craft some medoicre opal rings I had a interesting discovery.
If you have just one mod on the rings that says adds cold or lightining damage to attacks, you suddenly open up a large range of possibilities to the build to mix it up a little. there's a whole lot of attacks you can suddenly use that will now apply elemental equalibirum. Like leap slam, AoE equalibirum when you come accross a pack of elemental resist mobs, or cyclone.

Indeed. Getting added cold or lightning to attacks is 100% recommended.
I use Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks myself.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
apotropaiko wrote:
I got to 100 and just finished the elder guardians on t16. Will today attemp my first Uber Elder.

I worked on this char a lot and it has evolved a bit. I used to have 15k ES but now back to 14 as I switched 1kES to stats geared towards recharge rate and faster start of recharge giving me a lot of extra survivability when you're taking many shots close to one another.

I can do T16 with 4 sextants and double beyond no problems. I run with 3 auras (lightning is out) as you do not really need it unless you're fighting Mino and lightning Elder Guardian.

I have spent well in excess of 300ex on this char but i may get back 50ex is I sell my clarity ES jewel.

Also i switched just recently to the Redbeak whcih i crafted myself and its so much more powerful.

Here is the gear.

I may verge towards the reduced mana on helm and fit another aura but my helm gives me a massive amount of extra damage on RF.

Also my gloves are not perfect but I would have to spend a Mirror and 30ex to fix them so not doing this for now.

Nice job getting to 100!

One thing to keep in mind is that Energy Recharge is useless for us, because we alwasy take dmg from RF so we never recharge. The stat you're looking for is % increased recovery rate, just like on your Watcher's Eye. So the Recharge mod on your ring and jewels is useless for this build.

Another upgrade would be a nice belt with the 20% increased ES recovery rate like

Thanks, yes i know belt has been in my plans for a while...

I got to uber elder and having difficulties... maybe with belt will change..
how much ES you have now?
"
Fritso wrote:
"
apotropaiko wrote:
I got to 100 and just finished the elder guardians on t16. Will today attemp my first Uber Elder.

I worked on this char a lot and it has evolved a bit. I used to have 15k ES but now back to 14 as I switched 1kES to stats geared towards recharge rate and faster start of recharge giving me a lot of extra survivability when you're taking many shots close to one another.

I can do T16 with 4 sextants and double beyond no problems. I run with 3 auras (lightning is out) as you do not really need it unless you're fighting Mino and lightning Elder Guardian.

I have spent well in excess of 300ex on this char but i may get back 50ex is I sell my clarity ES jewel.

Also i switched just recently to the Redbeak whcih i crafted myself and its so much more powerful.

Here is the gear.

I may verge towards the reduced mana on helm and fit another aura but my helm gives me a massive amount of extra damage on RF.

Also my gloves are not perfect but I would have to spend a Mirror and 30ex to fix them so not doing this for now.

Nice job getting to 100!

One thing to keep in mind is that Energy Recharge is useless for us, because we alwasy take dmg from RF so we never recharge. The stat you're looking for is % increased recovery rate, just like on your Watcher's Eye. So the Recharge mod on your ring and jewels is useless for this build.

Another upgrade would be a nice belt with the 20% increased ES recovery rate like

You do realise your belt is like 200ex min....
"
apotropaiko wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
apotropaiko wrote:

Nice job getting to 100!

Thanks, yes i know belt has been in my plans for a while...

I got to uber elder and having difficulties... maybe with belt will change..
how much ES you have now?

You do realise your belt is like 200ex min....

I know my belt is expensive, but that's mostly because of all the T1 rolls. The mod I referred to is the %ES recovery rate, which is the most important. You can easily chaos spam that yourself on any Shaped ilvl75+ belt base you like or buy one for relative cheap. That's what I did before I got this belt.

For example, I chaos spammed this belt and am currently selling it for 23ex. Has everything you'd need including nice ES. No need to spend a mirror on a belt.

The 20% ES recovery rate is a big boost. Looking at my character it gives me 681 extra netto ES regen, which is huge. Helps a lot in hard boss fights like Uber Elder.

This is my stats and gear atm. Keep in mind my gear is highly min-maxed and you don't need all of it for the build to kill Uber Elder:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/YWn6iEWt

lvl 99
21.8k ES
5.1k ES regen (2.8k netto) without any buffs/flasks
7.7k ES regen (6.3k netto) with buffs/flasks

/edit: I see you're missing the 3 nodes that lead to Combat Stamina. Get those! The extra 1.8% life regen is very much needed.
/edit 2: You're also not using essence crafted gloves with the "Socketed gems deal 30% more DoT". I suggest you get those to boost your RF damage. 30% more dmg is a big deal.
Last edited by Fritso on Aug 19, 2018, 8:04:25 AM
lol can't even find an elder base stygian for less than 20ex.
Will try and farm it
"
apotropaiko wrote:
lol can't even find an elder base stygian for less than 20ex.
Will try and farm it

You need a Shaped base, not Elder. Also, Shaped/Elder stygian vises don't drop anymore, they're legacy. So only way to get em is buy em.

But like I said, you don't need that belt type. You could also go with a chain or crystal belt. Chain is the cheaper option. Just make sure it's at least item lvl 75, because that's required to roll 16-20% ES recovery rate. Best would be ilvl 80, because that also allows you to roll T1 flat ES.

Hey there AhFack!

For a lower budget, would you recommend a 5l shavs + Presence or 6l + Eye?

Thanks in Advance!
"
TioAnonimo wrote:
Hey there AhFack!

For a lower budget, would you recommend a 5l shavs + Presence or 6l + Eye?

Thanks in Advance!

Presence and a 5L
Praying to RNGesus GGG doesn't f*ck over the Guardian Ascendancy in 3.4!
"
Fritso wrote:
Praying to RNGesus GGG doesn't f*ck over the Guardian Ascendancy in 3.4!

I’m running a different version of this build but I couldn’t agree more. The teasers are making me a bit nervous about the guardian rework...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info