[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Hey there, at bestiary league I used this build as my 2nd build.
It's a bit expensive build to be used a starter character but for a secondary character it works great.

Killed. Uber Atziri/ Uber Elder / Shaper with this build.

aspect of the spider is a great addition to this build.
"
lewo wrote:
Hey there, at bestiary league I used this build as my 2nd build.
It's a bit expensive build to be used a starter character but for a secondary character it works great.

Killed. Uber Atziri/ Uber Elder / Shaper with this build.

aspect of the spider is a great addition to this build.

since im only playing standard duo to not having that much time on my hands, crafting an aspect on your gear counts toward a suffix. I assume that it follows the same rules as other crafting stats, so you can have max 1 on your gear or multiple if you use the 2ex crafting method?
Yes, Aspect of the spider is a suffix.
You might find some gear crafted with aspect of spider on the trade but they will be expensive.

I don't konw how to link my items to the forum but you can check my character.
lÓinnl currently equips the gear I used on Bestiary league. (only i changed my shavs with legacy one to get more es :))

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lewo/characters/lÓinnl

Right....so...

Just tested Vaal RF. Currently doesn't work on our LL build, cuz it sets life to 1 and turns off RF.

This just pisses me off.

Created thread in bug section:
https://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2151598

/edit: looks like they intended for this functionality, confirmed by Rory. Looks like we need to reserve less life:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8nj4yb/patch_notes_of_patch_notes_list_of_differences/
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 1, 2018, 5:03:30 PM
"
lewo wrote:
Yes, Aspect of the spider is a suffix.
You might find some gear crafted with aspect of spider on the trade but they will be expensive.

I don't konw how to link my items to the forum but you can check my character.
lÓinnl currently equips the gear I used on Bestiary league. (only i changed my shavs with legacy one to get more es :))

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lewo/characters/lÓinnl

you link your items here, if you click on your character name, it will open a window, there you just click the item you want to post as example:

http://prntscr.com/jpvvjv
Last edited by Camatoo on Jun 2, 2018, 7:24:59 AM
---warning: wall of text with analysis thingies--

Anyone played around with Vaal RF already?

I've been breaking my head on this one and experimenting with quite a few build options. My conclusion is that it's definately worth it, but the version is highly based on personal preference.

I compared 4 versions of the build on a minotaur kill. Made sure to remove Elemental Overload cuz that's RNG dependant dmg and made sure the map had no mods that would affect my dmg or bosses life.

1. Old version with basic RF and SR. Can't use Vaal RF here, cuz that will set life to 1 and remove normal RF.
2. A 4 second Vaal RF setup. Removing an aura to have over 30% life so RF doesn't turn off when using Vaal RF.
3. A 5.8 second Vaal RF setup. Same as 2, but removing 3 nodes to spec into Potency of Will for longer duration.
4. A 9.4 second Vaal RF setup. Moved SR to gloves and RF to 6L shavs. Added Efficacy and Increased Duration gem to RF setup.

Conclusions:
- Version 3 and 4 deal the most dmg. Whichever wins depends on your amount of RF dmg compared to SR dmg. Lower ES values and people scaling spell dmg will typically have higher SR dmg compared to RF. People scaling ES over spell dmg vice versa.
- Version 2 is not worth it imo. 4 second is far too short, making it hard to time right on bosses that move around and absolute crap when mapping. Not worth the hassle of losing an aura and using a life flask.
- Version 3 makes Vaal RF much more workable, leaving a 6 second cooldown after use. Also leaves you with the standard SR setup, which can deal more dmg than RF for people with low-ish ES.
- Version 4 is nice if your main source of dmg is RF. Having a long uptime and only a 2.6 second cooldown left makes it very usefull for mapping where you won't use SR that often. It also gives you more time to use on bosses.
- If you want to use Vaal RF for more than 1 time boss use, you need a life flask to refill the life lost from Vaal RF.
- A nice plus from dropping an aura for Vaal RF is that you get an open gem slot to link Culling Strike to Orb of Storms. Easy 11% more dmg :-)

My personal preference goes to version 4. Mainly because of my ES scaling (21k ES) over spell dmg. DMG wise in the test there was a difference of less than 1 second, so I opt for having more uptime during mapping. I decided to drop Purity of Lighting in favour of keeping Arctic Armour. I like having the defensive boost of AA when standing still using SR on bosses.

Here's my gear:

Hope this analysis is of some use to any of you thinking to incorporate Vaal RF into your LL RF builds.

Cheers
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 2, 2018, 11:37:15 AM
Great write-up Fritso!

Appreciate the detailed analysis
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Here's a casual Uber Atziri run using my new Vaal RF setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aK8f1IPQFw
Hi guys!

I try this build in incursion league.
Right now i am lvl 71 but still in life mode. I dont know if i should swap into es mode.
Could u tell me if it's a good idea or not?
Actually i have some problems with life mode. I can sustain RF but when i am in fight, creeps hit me hard, and i feel weak.
I will change belt and more stuff but dont know if i should already looking for es stuff or not.
"
Fritso wrote:
---warning: wall of text with analysis thingies--

Anyone played around with Vaal RF already?

I've been breaking my head on this one and experimenting with quite a few build options. My conclusion is that it's definately worth it, but the version is highly based on personal preference.

I compared 4 versions of the build on a minotaur kill. Made sure to remove Elemental Overload cuz that's RNG dependant dmg and made sure the map had no mods that would affect my dmg or bosses life.

1. Old version with basic RF and SR. Can't use Vaal RF here, cuz that will set life to 1 and remove normal RF.
2. A 4 second Vaal RF setup. Removing an aura to have over 30% life so RF doesn't turn off when using Vaal RF.
3. A 5.8 second Vaal RF setup. Same as 2, but removing 3 nodes to spec into Potency of Will for longer duration.
4. A 9.4 second Vaal RF setup. Moved SR to gloves and RF to 6L shavs. Added Efficacy and Increased Duration gem to RF setup.

Conclusions:
- Version 3 and 4 deal the most dmg. Whichever wins depends on your amount of RF dmg compared to SR dmg. Lower ES values and people scaling spell dmg will typically have higher SR dmg compared to RF. People scaling ES over spell dmg vice versa.
- Version 2 is not worth it imo. 4 second is far too short, making it hard to time right on bosses that move around and absolute crap when mapping. Not worth the hassle of losing an aura and using a life flask.
- Version 3 makes Vaal RF much more workable, leaving a 6 second cooldown after use. Also leaves you with the standard SR setup, which can deal more dmg than RF for people with low-ish ES.
- Version 4 is nice if your main source of dmg is RF. Having a long uptime and only a 2.6 second cooldown left makes it very usefull for mapping where you won't use SR that often. It also gives you more time to use on bosses.
- If you want to use Vaal RF for more than 1 time boss use, you need a life flask to refill the life lost from Vaal RF.
- A nice plus from dropping an aura for Vaal RF is that you get an open gem slot to link Culling Strike to Orb of Storms. Easy 11% more dmg :-)

My personal preference goes to version 4. Mainly because of my ES scaling (21k ES) over spell dmg. DMG wise in the test there was a difference of less than 1 second, so I opt for having more uptime during mapping. I decided to drop Purity of Lighting in favour of keeping Arctic Armour. I like having the defensive boost of AA when standing still using SR on bosses.

Here's my gear:

Hope this analysis is of some use to any of you thinking to incorporate Vaal RF into your LL RF builds.

Cheers

Hi, I'm a noob and saw your YT video highlighting this build -- looks sweet so I'm interested. This is the tree you linked, correct?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAUDAQFvA-4GDgceCfYLYQxfDXwOSBEvEVARlhJpFxwXLxhWGjgbJRynHNwdFB2qHb4i9CSwJogn7Sj6Kwospi9vM4c0CjW5NsU3gzwtQ8hFnUZxSVFJsUuuTlJPBFNSU6VV1lZIV8lZ81ugXGtcil3yZOdmVGaeaHRo8mwLbRlwu3F5cg9yqXvXfA5-bH_GgKSA4ILHg1-ESIt6jHaPGo9GkFWQ1pIrkyeUb5UumK2a4JswoS-lGKbrpwinK6dVrKqvbLQMtzC3MbiTvorBxcNtxPbGrsrT1HzXatfP2CTZE9lb2mLhiOL36FrpAuq66-7sGO-I8NX3wfk3-ej60v0A_kk=?accountName=Fritso&characterName=LooksLikeFunOrNot

Do you have advice on the skill tree as I'm leveling? Thanks! (I thought about PMing but didn't want to be a bother).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info