[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Skumbagrage wrote:
Still not sure what I'm doing wrong, but i can't sustain Rf. Please help
You forgot to select Zealot's Oath on the tree, so none of the life regen is being applied to your ES. Pick that node, you'll be good.
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
A 246 ES +2max/rDoT shield I self crafted would push me to 12170, I just haven't been bothered reworking my res to slot it in yet. I tend to keep wanting to wait, flip the current one and go for a gg one instead.

yeah 12k+ ES is doable with a high rolled elder +2max/rDoT shield, especially if you use sin trek. im using death's door though, and on PoB it's showing that sin trek will give ~500 more ES over it, which is quite a bit (bleed immunity is sweet though)

have a quick question about pantheons. the guide mentions captured arachnoxia specifically, but i dont see how that would work, since with RF we never stop taking DoT. i can't check it in PoB either since PoB doesn't seem to support pantheons
"
kanon1 wrote:
Can't do T14+
9k es getting 1 shot
Glancing at the numbers I can't tell which aura's you're not running, just that you're certainly not running them all. At 9k ES you shouldn't be 1 shot in a T14 unless it's of a damage type you're not capped on. Lots of us were doing T16 and T17 at 8k and a bit ES. So sorting that alone will probably help fix your problem.

Flick back through the thread (even just the last 10 pages). Lots of guidance on how to get all six up and running with the gear you already have and tips on other things relevant to the build.

Of special note.... That shield is awful. You need to get rid of it.
At the very least you want a Rise of the Phoenix to give you the +5 max res. You're on standard, so you could also look at going for one of the 20% reduced Damage Over Time shields there. Also huge room for improvement on the gloves and belt. Should be easy upgrades for both of those for a couple of chaos.
Okay thank you!

Sitting around 9.1k ES at the moment. Is this gear enough to do guardians safely? Does any of it require immediate improvement?
Well f... I just bought lvl4 enlighten, but I only have 26 unreserved mana without conqueror's efficiency. I need 32 for scorching ray and 34 for orb of storms. It turns out there's no difference betweenn lvl3 and lvl4 enlighten if you have a Vertex, your unreserved mana remains the same.

Is a higher ES helm worth it? The Vertex gives me 9% extra evasion (sitting at 15%). Not sure if more raw ES is better than that extra layer, even if it's not that much. Is the ES boost that significant?

EDIT: The maximum ES circlet I've found were barely over 300. I take it the Vertex is a more solid option and all I should worry about is the reservation enchant to do away with conquereror's efficiency instead? Probably gonna sell me lvl4 enlighten then.
Last edited by vhapter on Feb 4, 2018, 3:45:16 AM
"
vhapter wrote:
EDIT: The maximum ES circlet I've found were barely over 300. I take it the Vertex is a more solid option and all I should worry about is the reservation enchant to do away with conquereror's efficiency instead? Probably gonna sell me lvl4 enlighten then.
The gains from switching to a rare helm aren't really in the helm itself, but in the freedom it gives you to upgrade other gear. If you can pick up stat requirements on your helm it makes filling out resistance/strength/dex requirements elsewhere easier, which gives you a better opportunity to scale ES/damage/regen on those other pieces. The other option there with helm which would probably work out a lot cheaper than buying the enchant is to grab one of the essence crafted helms with 5% reduced mana reserved (might be worth crunching the numbers there to see if even a 4% or 3% essence craft might be enough for you and your setup).

That said, the boost the +1 Vertex gives is substantial and can save a lot of currency... so not something I'd rush trying to switch out until you've exhausted other cheaper upgrades.

Conq Efficiency on the other hand is horrible. Sure it's a route to getting all six auras up, but it's seldom a good one. I'd swap my gems around to be BM > Enlighten > PoI > Discipline in the helm and Vitality > PoL > lower level Clarity (6) in the boots, dropping the Empower entirely for now.

Making that change costs you 8.6 Net Regen, 71 ES and a temp drop in your max lightning res from 81% to 79% (that loss will disappear once you level PoL to 20, in which case both setups would give you 81% max res). However now you have a free jewel slot from dropping Conq Efficiency which can more than offset those losses and give you big gains.
You can also add in an Enduring Cry/Decoy Totem/any other red gem you like to give you added utility in your boots.

With a level 6 Clarity in that setup you've 63 unreserved mana and 84.5 regen, more than enough for anything we need to cast.
I just find Watchers Eye with Gain 16% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity is it good for this build?
You have EE. Won't attack with SR make the enemy have +50% fire res?
"
esgieda wrote:
I just find Watchers Eye with Gain 16% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity is it good for this build?

Yes
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info