[3.25]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
HugoCM wrote:
Does anyone know if HoWA would be viable and add a decent amount of damage in this build or should I just keep with a rare claw?

Howa got nerfed pretty hard, and so did ES majorly. AFAIK it is completely dead. How you would play ST ES build without vaal pact boggles me.

"
WheresDaddy wrote:
"
HugoCM wrote:
Does anyone know if HoWA would be viable and add a decent amount of damage in this build or should I just keep with a rare claw?

I'm running HoWA up til now actually (still looking for a rare claw with enough stats)

ran up to T12 so far with no problems, and i'm dual wielding it.

This truly surprises me...

"
Kelsier0 wrote:
Curious if anyone has tried either of these options. Probably not worth it but it'd be interesting to see.

1. Alpha's Howl helm with some reduced mana nodes on tree, to allow us to run Anger along with Wrath+Herald. (more like the original buzzsaw build did)

2. Tempest Binding helm as the main skill link, allowing use of Kaom's chest.

Sadly I don't think alpha's is a thing, even with some investment in points on tree, don't think losing rats nest + losing passive points would make up for being able to run another aura.

As for the new helm, its a pretty sweet helm but first both icebite + innervate are level 18 which isn't bad but deff not as good as a 20/20 or even 21/20. Also the problem with innervate is that most of its damage comes from the fact that you have killed a shocked enemy "recently". For all single target + bosses and such this would not be the case, making it more like a 5 link instead of a 6 link.

"
Hawkeye979 wrote:
Im wondering why should we get double Elemental Weakness ? on Orb of Storm and another time on Herald on Ice combo, isnt that useless ? because a double curse is not working like that? Without Assassins Mark on curse on hit we dont get any power charges and orb of storm takes way to long to get to 3 charges. i dont get the change.

If we got ElE weakness on our main attack skill isnt that 100% on the enemy ? and that means its a complete waste on Orb of storm since it wont add another ELE weakness on top since double curses are not a thing in the game without the right items.

Covered in the guide

"
While you touch on a couple good points I do want to throw out a couple explanations + observations.

1.) Indeed you are correct that you don't need some absolutely amazing EDPS claw for this build. However higher is always better. You are missing a good bit of EDWA on your gear along with a good bit of EDWA on tree. Not the end of the world, but having 80%+ EDWA would raise the edps on claw much much more and make the difference all that more noticeable.

2.) You are obviously free to change gear or test things as you see, but I would highly recommend belly over kintsugi. Kintsugi never really did it for me, 20% reduced dmg taken if you haven't been hit recently is not to bad if you have one shot problems, but with 6k life and all the other defenses one shot should never be an issue. as for 50% increased evasion which is what will be used in most cases, it probably raises evasion by a few percent? Much rather roll with the Belly, get some armour + evasion + 40% life + more resists.

3.) Was going to be why kintsugi is apparently changing your clearspeed which makes no sense until I realized you changed socketed gems. As you can see from upgraded guide, your original gems are kind of outdated. It was decided before 3.0 launch that inc crit strikes + lightning pen would not be best options anymore. We guessed/thought that icebite + added cold would be the new best options, but after the testing yesterday, it was concluded that inc crit damage was indeed a little better than added cold, and even a little more than that while diamond flask is up. Just thought id make you aware and you can see this in gem section on guide :)

4.) Attack vinktar would definitely be a nice dps boost. However for boot enchant, 16% inc attack + cast speed would probably be the better choice for all general mapping, bosses, and even most guardians. Shaper uber atziri flat dmg would be best though. So if you do a lot of shaper/uber atziri you might have best bet. If not than I would go for the inc attack speed personally.

Anyway hope you don't take the comments the wrong way, and seems your really enjoying the build which is all that matters. Happy grinding!

Well, i wont hide that for me belly - trash tier armor(unless u get tons of life on ur gear, it gives like 400 life and nothing more, no evasion, no any other benefits).
And Kitsugi - saves u from oneshots from shaper ice bolts, uber atziri flameblast,spear volley,buffed mino hits.And its just 400 hp less then 39% belly at me.
It has no downsides since i abuse our dodging stuff(45% chance, 46% dodge chance 40% spelldodge chance and using 2x vaal grace).So i am not about to get hit twice by anything in 4 secs, so 20% damage reduce is always up.
U also take 20% less damage from lab dagen traps, since they dont hit, any degen clouds fromm mobs, etc.
And even if i wouldnt go for kitsugi i would go for coil, or for Yriel armor for a huge damage boost.
Its my personal preferences and i wont change my opinion on that ;)
Been my favorite armor on evasion ranged builds, since its came up, and nothing changed yet.
And about my gears - i know its faaaaaaaaaar from being perfect, never told anything about that, but its more then enought for anything that game has to offer.
took me a while, but i finally rechanted my leech with that badass chant, itself it gives more then flat damage vinctar, which is crazy.We dont need atack speed enchant since trash on map dies instantly anyways, and that chant is a huge damage boost on any guardian, shaper and etc.

"//I know that it is covered why two times ELE Weakness, but it still is not a real explenation... if u use it on cast on hit (Herald oF Ice) u pretty much have it up 100% on the enemy so why even bother with anohter time on Orb of storm ? it wont do anything its just a wasted space of gem slot :/ if u use your Main DMG skill Spectral Throw with Herald of Ice it will get ELE Weakness curse on the BOss/Enemy, if u then use Orb of storm with another ELE Weakness nothing changes since the first Curse is still on the enemy it will just overwrite it with Orb of storm.

Thats what i dont get :/ Or is it just that we have a Gemslot free and u just filled it in with that even tho it does nothing//"

Just found out if u link ELE weakness with Herald of ice it only procs when u shatter enemys, so Orb of Storm setup is good since u dont shatter a boss. KK maybe write something like that in the description, so people like me dont think its wasted. Thanks for the build guide, really loveing it so far.

Now i only have a question how do u keep the Powercharges up all the time ? Just useing orb of storm from time to time ? Feels like im not getting 3 powercharges up before they run out again.
Last edited by Hawkeye979 on Sep 2, 2017, 3:13:41 PM
Hey guys, can someone tell me what I need to do to bring my dps up?

my profile:https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/manextro/characters

i have ~30k dps in my hideout with wrath and herald of ice
Last edited by manextro on Sep 2, 2017, 3:08:13 PM
"
Would a dying sun or taste of hate find any real use in this build?

Taste of Hate is for physical builds, and we do like 2% physical dmg. Spectral Throw has restrictions on being only once every 0.3 seconds per attacks. Not very good with this build. Diamond, Atziri's, Wise Oak, and Light dmg to attacks Vessel are your standard 4 DPS flasks you'll want to use at least 3 of.

"
imprastiat wrote:
Hi!
I am following your build and I ran into some problems mid-leveling. The thing is that I get hit way too hard and can't find a possible solution to resist longer to mobs. Is it my gear at fault? Can somebody or the main poster help me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Unhide your characters tab in your Privacy Settings.

My guess is a combination of you don’t have max resist, you don’t have life on all of your slots, or you picked up primarily DPS passives and not enough defensive passives.

"
Hawkeye979 wrote:
Now i only have a question how do u keep the Powercharges up all the time ? Just useing orb of storm from time to time ? Feels like im not getting 3 powercharges up before they run out again.

Orb power charges are for extra DPS on bosses, not for general map clearing. Would take too long to keep using Orb while clearing, and only adds more crit chance while we typically have 65%+ crit with Diamond Flask.

"
manextro wrote:
Hey guys, can someone tell me what I need to do to bring my dps up?
i have ~30k dps in my hideout with wrath and herald of ice

More WED on belt and left ring. Left ring needs crit chance or flat dmg, preferably both. No life on right ring is unfortunate, but I assume you don’t need it for now. And you’re using Bisco’s, so dmg is going to be a bit lower compared to someone not using it.

Upgrade 2 of your jewels. Projectile Speed is not a dmg mod and just makes shots go out further, thus take longer to come back for 2nd hit.

Wrong Vessel, light dmg to spells does nothing for us. You want light pen, but preferred light dmg to attacks. Double diamond flaks is unnecessary, change to Atziri’s Promise or something else.

Could use a bit more attack speed on weapon and possibly triple elemental or multi/wed with the atk speed and crit chance.

Lvl 15 crit dmg and lvl 12 Wrath will up your dmg a bit when it reaches 20. You don't have the int to upgrade them by the looks of it, but maybe your next ring will add enough INT to level it up more.
Or you can trade 4% hp node for 30 INT node. A lot of people usually post hideout dmg with Golem too if you're comparing to other people.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 2, 2017, 3:55:13 PM
Hi,
I started with this build and changed to non Crit sword Spectral Throw. I'm able to farm deathless 6 min Shaper. You can see my char on my profile, I'm using a 6 link Belly of the Beast with Spectral Throw,Weapon Elemental Damage,Added Lightning Damage,Lightning Penetration,Elemental Focus and Slower Projectiles. I did about 100 Shaper runs with it. I'm killing Shaper with Culling Strike and Increased Rarity

Here is a link to a Shaper run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SOOkhQJ7Y

If anyone wants to try it and has any questions, feel free to ask me.

(430 eDps weapon cost me only 10ex)

(First Shaper kill was with a 5-Link on Level 90 with 20/20 Gems)
(I make about 500-1000c profit with the Shaper runs daily)

(currently leveling a Doomfletch Pathfinder because i have so much currency that i can afford it to buy 2 6 -link bows)
Last edited by MrSabrass on Sep 2, 2017, 4:24:36 PM
Hey, can someone tell me what I need to do to bring my dps up?

27k dps in hideout
4.5k life

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/minimen398/characters

Thanks for the help. :)
"
minimen398 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/minimen398/characters

Thanks for the help. :)

Better claw. 1.8+ atk speed, 7-8% crit, mid to high eDPS. That with Auras & Golem should take your Hideout dmg to like 32-35k I think.

Diamond Flask. Better rolled Wise Oak if you can get one in Standard. Can squeeze out some more DPS with Atziri's or a defensive flask in place of the Sanc HP and MP Flask.

Static Electricity Jewel? Not sure how much that adds, but I believe the go-to HP + 2 dmg mods would add more than that is.

I don't see Slower Projectiles which will make map bosses a bit longer. Explosive Arrow seems like odd choice to me. Your CWDT is lvl 20 so you need to take 3k dmg just to trigger Molten Shell. And by straying from the gem guide, you don't have OoS 4-link so you can't get Power Charges or proc curse on bosses with no minions.

Level 20 Crit dmg/Ice Bite. More gem %'s all around.

Rings are nice DPS, but left ring has no HP. And no WED on amulet. And no life on gloves. I'm still learning prefix/suffix, but can you craft lightning resist to belt and switch lightning resist on left ring to HP? Life on gloves, left ring, and jewel to replace Static should boost your HP nicely.

More expensive upgrade: ST enchant on helm.
You have elemental weakness and curse on hit in your gem link set up twice. What should the new weapon 3 link set up be?
"
Holidex wrote:
You have elemental weakness and curse on hit in your gem link set up twice. What should the new weapon 3 link set up be?

Intentional.

Herald curse procs only when minions shatters, so during general clearing. It can work on bosses, but there has to be minions close by that shatter to proc it. No shatter = no Herald curse.

OoS curse proc is guaranteed to anything in radius, so good for bosses. And then the extra crit from PCoC adds to that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info