[3.25]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
Fireturd wrote:
From what i have experienced

spec throw, GMP/SP, weapon ele and added lightning should never come out of your links.

icebite and added cold are excellent in a 6 link when you are first getting into maps and want to survive

Ele focus and ice bite- is the max dps you can acheive and what should be used for bosses at end game.

Increased critical strikes and ice bite- are great for mapping at higher level t13+

best of luck man!

Is this for sure? I mean, that ele Focus and ice bite is max dps? Actually I am running the basics with lightning as we did last season and I cant complain about the dps at all tho it would be nice to know what's the best choice. I didnt had the time to make tests yet on my own.
"
Fireturd wrote:
"
Thanouz wrote:
Hi, i'm playing this build and so far I find it awesome (lvl 43 only, but in early levels i already have a lot of fun :-D ).

I'm wondering whether a ice focused build would be more efficient than a thunder focused build ? Removing WED (since it's been nerfed), and playing with Innervate (with added lightning dmg and lightning pen) + herald of thunder ......... OR playing with icebite (with added cold dmg and cold pen) + herald of ice ?

What would you think would be the more fun ? I love the shattering effect of ice, but ....

What do you think guys ?

Hey bud!

glad you are enjoying the build, big thanks to goofy for posting his guide.

spec throw, GMP/SP, weapon ele and added lightning should never come out of your links.

icebite and added cold are excellent in a 6 link when you are first getting into maps and want to survive

Ele focus and ice bite- is the max dps you can acheive and what should be used for bosses at end game.

Increased critical strikes and ice bite- are great for mapping at higher level t13+

best of luck man!

Since ele focus cannot inflict ailments, and since most of ice bite effects are [on]freezing, isn't this mix a bit of a waste since we cannot freeze mobs anymore ?

Also do you think herald of ice is better than herald of thunder ?
Last edited by Thanouz on Aug 30, 2017, 8:17:39 AM
@Thanouz
Ice Bite gives you 174 to 264 Ice Damage at level 20 with 7 frenzy charges.
I did some tests on PoB, indeed ST-GMP-added light-ele attacks-ice bite-ele focus gives the highest dps at max frenzies. Tested in game and it feels better as well other than not being able to freeze but most of the mobs are melting anyway. I will be continuing to use this for now. Not sure about the increased crit strikes though, effective dps seems to drop quite a lot (~25%) when swapped with ele focus.
"
CutMySoul wrote:
"
Fireturd wrote:

best of luck man!

Is this for sure? I mean, that ele Focus and ice bite is max dps? Actually I am running the basics with lightning as we did last season and I cant complain about the dps at all tho it would be nice to know what's the best choice. I didnt had the time to make tests yet on my own.

Yes, I have tried every combination. It is the highest possible dps on path of builder and it is the highest dps sheet in game. Mapping and boss killing it is significantly higher dps. like I said these are my findings I have tried every possible gem combination in game incase Path of building was giving me messed up numbers but in game and playing through it. Icebite and elefocus is the most damage. Mapping with increased crit strikes and ice bite seems better for speed clearing, less damage but your auruas/curses, freeze shock etc work.

"
Thanouz wrote:
"
Fireturd wrote:
"
Thanouz wrote:
Hi, i'm playing this build and so far I find it awesome (lvl 43 only, but in early levels i already have a lot of fun :-D ).

I'm wondering whether a ice focused build would be more efficient than a thunder focused build ? Removing WED (since it's been nerfed), and playing with Innervate (with added lightning dmg and lightning pen) + herald of thunder ......... OR playing with icebite (with added cold dmg and cold pen) + herald of ice ?

What would you think would be the more fun ? I love the shattering effect of ice, but ....

What do you think guys ?

Hey bud!

glad you are enjoying the build, big thanks to goofy for posting his guide.

best of luck man!

Since ele focus cannot inflict ailments, and since most of ice bite effects are [on]freezing, isn't this mix a bit of a waste since we cannot freeze mobs anymore ?

Also do you think herald of ice is better than herald of thunder ?

even ignoring the freeze damage on ice bit at max level and frenzy charges it is still more damag ethan added cold.
Spoiler
"
Fireturd wrote:
"
CutMySoul wrote:
"
Fireturd wrote:

best of luck man!

"
Fireturd wrote:

Yes, I have tried every combination. It is the highest possible dps on path of builder and it is the highest dps sheet in game. Mapping and boss killing it is significantly higher dps. like I said these are my findings I have tried every possible gem combination in game incase Path of building was giving me messed up numbers but in game and playing through it. Icebite and elefocus is the most damage. Mapping with increased crit strikes and ice bite seems better for speed clearing, less damage but your auruas/curses, freeze shock etc work.

Alright! Thanks for the feedback - I will give it a try.
Last edited by CutMySoul on Aug 30, 2017, 9:18:23 AM
"
Ed_died wrote:
I did some tests on PoB, indeed ST-GMP-added light-ele attacks-ice bite-ele focus gives the highest dps at max frenzies. Tested in game and it feels better as well other than not being able to freeze but most of the mobs are melting anyway. I will be continuing to use this for now. Not sure about the increased crit strikes though, effective dps seems to drop quite a lot (~25%) when swapped with ele focus.

Yes switching increased critical strikes is not more damage than ele focus; however during speed clearing your HOI/ curses/ freeze,shock, ignite etc.. still work. I enjoy it because things explode and the MTX i get to use.. other than that its just personal preference.

Speed clearing on this build any combination will work and be quick.

boss killing is a different story in my opinion you are better off maximizing your dps, killing a boss quicker and having to avoid less one shot abilities because they die quickly. Pheonix is still a biatch. minator is face tank, hydra is face tank, chimeria face tank/dodge. shaper have to dodge abilities but he goes down fairly quickly.
"
Fireturd wrote:
"
Ed_died wrote:

Yes switching increased critical strikes is not more damage than ele focus; however during speed clearing your HOI/ curses/ freeze,shock, ignite etc.. still work. I enjoy it because things explode and the MTX i get to use.. other than that its just personal preference.

Speed clearing on this build any combination will work and be quick.

boss killing is a different story in my opinion you are better off maximizing your dps, killing a boss quicker and having to avoid less one shot abilities because they die quickly. Pheonix is still a biatch. minator is face tank, hydra is face tank, chimeria face tank/dodge. shaper have to dodge abilities but he goes down fairly quickly.

Agreed. For people on a budget and can't steamroll through maps yet, it's better not to use ele focus first for the freeze like you said previously.
"
Vobomaye wrote:
I was wondering where I could find my next upgrade? I have about 300c to play with so I'm open to suggestions. Heres my gear if you guys don't wanna click my profile:

Also, I know I have two curses linked right now. I was wondering what you guys think about that? I use the herald of ice with assassin's mark for clearing packs and then use OoS/elemental weakness for bosses/anything strong enough to get close to me.

Your items do not match up at all, rare chest, starkonjas, gangs momentum (wtf?). Your Gems do not match up at all either, 2 curses, a corrupted rare chest so you are using inc crit strikes instead of added cold, and a random reckoning gem (wtf?).

I would start by actually reading the guide and following it.

"
SwiftSkice wrote:
Is the Added Lightning version of Vessel of Vinktar still the best one version?

Of course. Added dmg to spells does nothing. Conversion does not give us a dmg buff in any way. And penetration would be even less now because we do a lot more cold damage. That leaves attack vinktar.

"
Thanouz wrote:

What do you think guys ?

Should already be using added cold + icebite (read the changelog). As for innervate the gem is still pretty bad. It's great for general clear, but you only get half the dmg worth if you have killed a shocked enemy recently. This means it works for everything except what we REALLY need the damage on... bosses.

P.S Removing EDWA (old WED) is a terrible idea.

"
Fireturd wrote:

Goofy I would have to agree to disagree with you.

Based on actual experience and play testing it is significantly better to run ele focus over added cold even in map clearing.

However I would also mention that I enjoy mapping with increased critical strikes/ icebite and then swapping out ele focus for shaper.

ele focus on bosses is not a slight difference it is very noticeable.

best regards,

Inc crit strikes is by far the worst gem in the setup, and it was even the worst gem in the setup in 2.6, we just didn't have anything better we could put there. So ele focus compared to inc crit is going to be a much bigger difference then say ele focus vs added cold.

Now I have not crunched the numbers so I do not know the exact calculations but... ele focus will be the best dps output you get, however you get that at a cost of losing all your status ailments. You lose the shock, you lose the awesome shatter effect, you lose the ability to use herald of ice + curse, you don't shock/ignite/freeze/chill regular bosses anymore.

Now I look at it the complete opposite of you... You say 99% of the stuff don't matter anyway because you one shot it. Well the only thing ele focus will really be better on is shaper/guardians. If this is ALL you farm than ya ele focus would probably be best bet for you. However most ppl do general mapping (probably t10-t15) a majority of the time, and do guariands/shaper rarely. For anyone like this, the only time ele focus would be better is.... never.

Now I am not saying you can not use it, if you prefer it knock yourself out, just want to let gazillion people who are reading the topic/posts know.

Hopefully I will put whole build through POB soon now that I have 40/40 done this league and can actually give the numbers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info